Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

L4D2 After the update

Post New Thread Reply   

wendigo
Old 08-02-2013 , 16:04   Re: L4D2 After the update
Reply With Quote #11

I believe the plugin Sniper1 and I are using, has been updated. If you go through the last pages of the link I provided in #7.

Last edited by wendigo; 08-02-2013 at 16:04.
dcx2
Old 08-02-2013 , 17:20   Re: L4D2 After the update
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendigo View Post
Hordes tend to spawn in either start safe-room (once everybody is out of it) or the end safe'room you're approaching.
It doesnt happen in very campaign, only some. But that issue, were not there before.

And I have no idea whatsoever if that "z_spawn_old auto" would fix it. As I have no idea how to add it and where. So I dont see how thats going to fix anything. z_spawn is related to spawn something, so how the hell could that fix it? I only have 1 plugin for my server, and thats this one here:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=133475
The plugin that you are using, honorcode's "New Custom Commands", is unlikely to be responsible for your problems. New Custom Commands does not use z_spawn at all. If you ctrl-f the source, you will see z_spawn is only mentioned in the context of sm_cheat, as in "this is how you use sm_cheat".

I repeat - z_spawn is not used by New Custom Commands. So there is no change to make.

I don't have the problem that you're talking about. And I have New Custom Commands on my server. So your problem likely lies elsewhere. You said you removed all your plugins but this one - maybe you should remove all your extensions, too. If you have left4downtown2 installed, remove it and see if your problem goes away. While you're at it, remove this plugin too, just so you can verify that it is not the cause of your problem (because I highly doubt it is the cause of your problem)

EDIT: New Custom Commands does not use any extensions, for the record.

And...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAFAfterShock View Post
the one thing I've seen regularly on plenty of servers is an entire hoard spawning in the safe rooms and even in tiny closets, it happens on any given map.
I, too, remember seeing hordes spawn in closets and bathrooms. It is an entirely normal thing; I remember a year ago, playing the finale of Dark Carnival, and I saw an entire horde bust out of a bathroom just outside of the safe room. Hordes have designated spawn areas, and if the director wants to spawn a horde and only one spawn area is out of sight, that's where they will all spawn.

Last edited by dcx2; 08-02-2013 at 17:26.
wendigo
Old 08-02-2013 , 17:41   Re: L4D2 After the update
Reply With Quote #13

to be honest, I have no idea at all how to remove extensions. Or where to check if I have that left4downtown2 installed.

I did open up my server via FileZilla. And went to here:
/left4dead2/left4dead2/addons/sourcemod/extensions

But what should I delete there? As thats called extensions, so I assume im on the right track?

Last edited by wendigo; 08-02-2013 at 17:44.
wendigo
Old 08-04-2013 , 15:34   Re: L4D2 After the update
Reply With Quote #14

Tryed to install the latest metamod:source 1.10 snapshot version, along with the very latest sourcemod 1.5 snapshot version.
And hordes spawing in end / start safe-room, still happens. I also tryed to remove my plugin, no other changes.

So why is it, that only sniper1 and I, who have this problem here?
stufz
Old 08-09-2013 , 19:42   Re: L4D2 After the update
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendigo View Post
to be honest, I have no idea at all how to remove extensions. Or where to check if I have that left4downtown2 installed.

I did open up my server via FileZilla. And went to here:
/left4dead2/left4dead2/addons/sourcemod/extensions

But what should I delete there? As thats called extensions, so I assume im on the right track?
you don't want to be deleting a whole directory !

If you have Left4Downtown extension installed to your server, then surely you are the one who uploaded those files, and if so, then you surely can find its thread in the Extensions forum. And finding that, surely you can figure out which files in that thread that you should be looking for on your server, and their location. Surely.

wendigo
Old 08-10-2013 , 16:18   Re: L4D2 After the update
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by stufz View Post
you don't want to be deleting a whole directory !

If you have Left4Downtown extension installed to your server, then surely you are the one who uploaded those files, and if so, then you surely can find its thread in the Extensions forum. And finding that, surely you can figure out which files in that thread that you should be looking for on your server, and their location. Surely.

I deleted all my plugins. And the horde respawning in start safe-room once everybody is out of it, or end safe-room once approaching it, were still there.

So its an game bug / issue.