Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)

Post New Thread Reply   

n3wton
Old 06-17-2011 , 13:02   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #381

oh noes ...

erm... i'm about to go to the pub... for now go back to version 2.0.5 and i'll look into it asap.

Yours
N3wton
instantn00b
Old 06-17-2011 , 15:04   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #382

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3wton View Post
oh noes ...

erm... i'm about to go to the pub... for now go back to version 2.0.5 and i'll look into it asap.

Yours
N3wton
Thanks man I follow your idea and go to the pub myself now
Zbeer
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-17-2011 , 15:33   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #383

Yessss! Guns in the saferoom!
Please do it!
n3wton
Old 06-17-2011 , 19:57   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #384

Right... looks like the unlock all weapons, although it can allow all weapons spawning, still has a glitch...

what happens is, at the end of an animation loop, the weapon gets turned into hunter claws... making it "spaz" out...

I'm pretty sure theres noting I can do about it

Tho... you can unlock the golfclub on all maps, as this bug doesnt seem to happen with that...

I'll look into it abit more later, but it doesn't look promising...

As for Guns in the Saferoom... I'm gonna start work on it after i've finished off my pause mod... (Just got it playing radio stations whilst paused XD)

Yours
N3wton

p.s. for now i recommend using 2.0.6 but do not use the vpks.
stufz
Old 06-18-2011 , 14:47   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #385

Hmm, guess I'm not clear which version is bugged by Friday's update. I use MasterMind420's version and apart from the knife not showing, all melee weapons show and work and do not bug out .... tho the animation loop I'm not sure of when that happens.

On stock maps, from level to level, no problems.

n3wton
Old 06-18-2011 , 21:12   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #386

Had a bigger look into it...

the wierd glitch happens if the vpk's are only installed server side (so the client doesnt put them in there addons folder)

If the clients have the vpks, it all works fine...

However, I don't think people should have to predownload something to play on a server...

YOurs
N3wton
n3wton
Old 06-19-2011 , 06:27   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #387

New version in first post.

This unlocks all standard melee weapons on all maps (including golfclub).

However knife and riot shield remain disabled as they still glitched without something client side.

To fix the glitch I found precaching all the models and scripts seemed to fix it, except for shield and knife.

Let me know if it works.

Yours
N3wton
instantn00b
Old 06-19-2011 , 06:59   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #388

Awesome, thanks for the update I don't care much about the riot shield anyway, the knife is nice but I'm glad all melee weapons work on every map, that's most important

Thanks again!
Skyy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-06-2011 , 17:55   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #389

updated needed for deadair
jake84
Old 08-06-2011 , 18:37   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #390

works fine on dead air here. this plugin dosn't even have any map specific code check, neither does it need one.