Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.4.2) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown

Post New Thread Reply   

ProdigySim
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 01-07-2011 , 21:46   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.2.3) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinbrunet View Post
Hi,

Can somebody tell how to install for a linux server ?

Because I download the .zip but I don't know if I have to download the files on this link (on the first post) ?
Use the files in the .zip, the snapshots and other links are for developers mostly.
Rochellecrab
Old 01-09-2011 , 04:03   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.2.3) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #192

I haven't seen any update for some time, so I made myself an one ;P.
I called it v0.5.2.4 but I don't know are the changes made by me enough big to change this fourth number. Anyway, it allows to use new targeting options:
Code:
@smokers,
@boomers,
@hunters,
@spitters,
@jockeys,
@chargers,
@tanks,

@nick,
@rochelle,
@coach,
@ellis,
@bill,
@zoey,
@francis,
@louis
what explains itself I suppose.
Two new convars:
Code:
l4d_visiblemaxplayers - allows you to change the value showed by server browser about max available players. It doesn't affect gameplay. -1 disables any changes.
l4d_force_survivorset - allows you to force survivor set (voice, models, etc). You can set it to 0 to disable any changes, 1 to force l4d1 set (will crash l4d2 campaigns), 2 to force l4d2 set (allows you to play as l4d2 survivors and l4d1 survivor with an exception to the Sacrifice and No Mercy. You can become l4d2 survivors there with world models and voice packs, but your HUD pictures and viewmodel will look like l4d1 survivor.
and four new natives
Code:
L4D_SpawnSpecial( ZombieClassType zombieClassType, const Flaot:origin[ 3 ], const Float:angles[ 3 ] );
L4D_SpawnTank( const Flaot:origin[ 3 ], const Float:angles[ 3 ] );
L4D_SpawnWitch( const Flaot:origin[ 3 ], const Float:angles[ 3 ] );
L4D_SpawnWitchBride( const Flaot:origin[ 3 ], const Float:angles[ 3 ] );
( special and witch bride are only availalble for linux to time when I or someone else finds valid signatures for them )
Balh, forgot about the forwards!
Code:
forward Action:L4D_OnSpawnSpecial( ZombieClassType zombieClassType, const Flaot:origin[ 3 ], const Float:angles[ 3 ] );
forward Action:L4D_OnSpawnWitchBride( const Flaot:origin[ 3 ], const Float:angles[ 3 ] );
Attached Files
File Type: zip left4downtown2-v0.5.2.4.zip (177.3 KB, 899 views)
File Type: zip left4downtown2-v0.5.2.4-src.zip (158.8 KB, 330 views)

Last edited by Rochellecrab; 01-09-2011 at 04:30.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 01-09-2011 , 07:39   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.2.3) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #193

We appreciate people collaborating! Don't let the following rant keep you from doing it.

First of all, use the HG repository if you wish to add things, so it can be used as hg patch. If we now chose to add your stuff to the extension, we'd have to painstakingly merge your changed files manually. In other words, YOU are supposed to do this.

Second, while the usability of the additional targeting could be questioned ... is this a joke or something?

Quote:
1 to force l4d1 set (will crash l4d2 campaigns)
You don't add a "insert crash here" variable, lol.

I've also noticed your source package's include file does not contain your addons, hence nobody could actually compile anything with them.

Looking at the test plugin file, your entire package is based off some out-dated revision. Use HG to start off a current one. (Yes we work on this lol)

The new natives and forwards look nice.
Rochellecrab
Old 01-09-2011 , 12:12   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.2.3) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #194

Thank you for your answer. I will follow your steps, and I will try to help as much as I can. I have some ideas, sharing with them will be my pleasure.
Old 02-01-2011 , 12:50   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.2.3) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #195

Questions...

1. Does this work for Left 4 Dead 1?
2. Does this fix/work with Left4downtown extensions remove reservation lobby for l4d1?

If both are no, USELESS! God I hate valve for making the second game.
Send a message via AIM to Marcus101RR Send a message via Skype™ to Marcus101RR
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 02-01-2011 , 13:25   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.2.3) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #196

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus101RR View Post
Questions...

1. Does this work for Left 4 Dead 1?
2. Does this fix/work with Left4downtown extensions remove reservation lobby for l4d1?

If both are no, USELESS! God I hate valve for making the second game.
[EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.2.3) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown

I think the title of the thread you are replying to answers your questions just fine.
Old 02-01-2011 , 13:30   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.2.3) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
[EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.2.3) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown

I think the title of the thread you are replying to answers your questions just fine.
Redundancy has a way with words
Send a message via AIM to Marcus101RR Send a message via Skype™ to Marcus101RR
stufz
Old 02-02-2011 , 06:26   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.2.3) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #198

hmmm.... I can't get this extension to work. Both servers show 8 slots in hlsw
but when it comes to allowing more than 4 players in coop, its a no go.

I rent a windows from ultimate and a linux from gameservers. The linux server ran l4dtoolz till mid december - I can't say when the last time I had more than 4 players on it - i'm guessing before mid-december.

what works for you on 4+ players coop ?

AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 02-02-2011 , 07:13   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.2.3) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #199

This extension only unlocks slots. You need a plugin to actually allow more than whatever the gamemode allows people to join.

Read the thread. Every and any question have been answered at least half a dozen times.
stufz
Old 02-03-2011 , 01:58   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.2.3) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #200

thanks, i wasn't getting that distinction. I was able to get 5 coop players on the linux server tonite, and I see that the bebop.smx is on it, too - must have left it on when I switched from l4dtoolz. So I'll try that on the windows server.

Nope, no go. If anyone is figuring this out for a windows server, they aren't posting about it. I have no clue why 4+coop players works on GS linux and not on windows for me.

got more than 4 players coop on the windows rent using L4DToolz v1.0.010RC2 referenced here
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...&postcount=840

Don't forget the metamod folder's l4dtoolz.vdf file - not included in the above link's gets.

Last edited by stufz; 02-03-2011 at 22:40.