ClanMatch Plugin for Clan-Wars 1.1.0.7 2005/12/19

Post New Thread Reply   

Martel
Old 08-16-2005 , 04:56  
Reply With Quote #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Devil
1. The console log from the guys explained why it didnt work :
If they want to start a match on the server they must use rcon.
If they type cmp_match not using rcon, the command is only executed on the client-side. This is why they get the error : not running a server.
Well, I don't get it. Why did you code the plugin to work on a client instead of a server? Nevermind.

The weird part is that it's working for me - when I'm connected to the server and I type the cmp_match command in the console of my cstrike, I get the match to start without any problems.

Quote:
type rcon cmp_match or use the public chat with /match and everything should work.
But I don't want to give out my rcon to anybody using this server. That's one of the reasons why I have installed your plugin in the first place, Roger.

Quote:
2. The problem with admin.txt will be fixed, sorry for that
No problem. I'm looking forward to the fixed version.
DrBashir
Old 08-16-2005 , 07:35  
Reply With Quote #202

Sorry Martel, but even I cant get what you have done on your server/computer...

Plugins you install on your server, not on your client. So upload the files to the server (according to the documentation).

You dont need to install anything on your home computer. To use the plugin while its running on your server, you can either use 'rcon <command>' or use the chat. The chat works like this:
Press 'Y'
type the command
Press [enter]

what the server will do next is check if your chat message contains a command it can use, if it doesn't it will send it to everyone else, if it does, the server will execute that command.

so if y say in chat: "Hello everyone" the server sends it to everyone
if i say in chat: "/match" the server will execute cmp_match

So you dont need to give your admins rcon access, they can enter the commands in chat.

I dont think I can explain it any clearer than this
Martel
Old 08-16-2005 , 07:53  
Reply With Quote #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBashir
Sorry Martel, but even I cant get what you have done on your server/computer...
Plugins you install on your server, not on your client. So upload the files to the server (according to the documentation).
Oh Jesus, please. I know. I'm not a rookie.

Everything is installed as it should - cmp plugin is running on my linux server box (which i mentioned in earlier posts).

Quote:
So you dont need to give your admins rcon access, they can enter the commands in chat.
I don't like to type commands as a chat. You can easily make a mistake and you don't have commands history to help you correct the mistake. That's why you should use the console, since you can switch back to the last statement and fix your typo (for instance). Not to mention that you should have a short help after issuing the command without any parameters.

Quote:
I dont think I can explain it any clearer than this :P
There's noting to be explained, really. The usage is clear to me. That's the weird behaviour of the plugin that puzzles me. When I am running the cmp_match command in THE CONSOLE of MY Counter-Strike Source CLIENT, the match ON THE SERVER starts as it should! But when my clanmate tries to do the same he gets those weird errors mentioned before.

I would like to know what the command cmp_match exactly does when it is executed on the players console while the player is connected to the server running our plugin.
imported_Ard Choille
Old 08-16-2005 , 08:04  
Reply With Quote #204

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martel
I would like to know what the command cmp_match exactly do when it is executed on the players console while the player is connected to the server running our plugin.
So your friend types: rcon cmp_match in their console.
The server gets the rcon command which the plugin reads and starts the match.
Martel
Old 08-16-2005 , 08:11  
Reply With Quote #205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ard Choille
So your friend types: rcon cmp_match in their console. The server gets the rcon command which the plugin reads and starts the match.
No. Neither I, nor my friend, uses rcon to run this command. We both type exactly this - "cmp_match aie aie2 de_dust mr12 cb.cfg". He gets:

Code:
] cmp_match aie aie2 de_dust mr12 cb.cfg 
Can't changelevel, not running server
But for me the command works correctly - the server changes map and starts the match. And I'm running the command from the game console, not the server's.
imported_Ard Choille
Old 08-17-2005 , 02:23  
Reply With Quote #206

Problem there is:
cmp_match is an rcon command you execute in the console
/match is a client command you execute using say.

Your friend is trying to run a rcon command without using rcon.
The client thinks its a clientside command and doesn't like it.
Martel
Old 08-17-2005 , 03:46  
Reply With Quote #207

There is no such thing as "rcon command". Rcon only sends commands directly to the server. So you should be saying it's a server-side command. But that's simpy off-topic.

Unfortunately it's not server-side only because it's registered as a client-command also. Why? Because you can issue it on the client who does not have the plugin installed on his own machine.

I'll try to provide you with an avi movie. Maybe then you will understand what I'm babbling about.
imported_Ard Choille
Old 08-17-2005 , 06:18  
Reply With Quote #208

Its a Remote console command
Roger Devil
Old 09-01-2005 , 09:30  
Reply With Quote #209

New Version available !!!
Send a message via ICQ to Roger Devil
DerProfi
Old 09-04-2005 , 08:01  
Reply With Quote #210