Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[TF2] Setting a player to use a custom model's collision hull?

Post New Thread Reply   

nergal
Veteran Member
Old 06-04-2014 , 14:25   [TF2] Setting a player to use a custom model's collision hull?
Reply With Quote #1

does anyone have any knowledge of how to set a player's collision vecs to a custom model's .phy collision hull?
Part-Time Asshole
Old 06-04-2014 , 15:41   Re: [TF2] Setting a player to use a custom model's collision hull?
Reply With Quote #2

Not possible. These are hardcoded.

Watch out when you're paying people for private requests! Most stuff already exists and you can hardly assess the quality of what you'll get, and if it's worth the money.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 06-04-2014 , 15:49   Re: [TF2] Setting a player to use a custom model's collision hull?
Reply With Quote #3

Vecs is just a box around the model that the engine uses for the most general of checks.
If you want custom collision (ragdoll, projectiles, etc), you have to make it into the model, by skinning convex boxes to bones with 1.0 weight.
To have custom hitboxes, you have to define their shape and size in the model's qc. Hlmv will generate this for you, and allow you to adjust it.
nergal
Veteran Member
Old 06-04-2014 , 16:23   Re: [TF2] Setting a player to use a custom model's collision hull?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
Vecs is just a box around the model that the engine uses for the most general of checks.
If you want custom collision (ragdoll, projectiles, etc), you have to make it into the model, by skinning convex boxes to bones with 1.0 weight.
To have custom hitboxes, you have to define their shape and size in the model's qc. Hlmv will generate this for you, and allow you to adjust it.
The model I have already has it's own collision box/hull, but everytime I set that model onto a player, it uses the player's collision hull/hitboxes.

EDIT: Would using "DispatchKeyValue(client, "model", VehicleModel);" work out?

EDIT2: did not work out. What about SetEntityModel?

Last edited by nergal; 06-04-2014 at 16:52.
Dr. Greg House
Professional Troll,
Part-Time Asshole
Old 06-04-2014 , 16:35   Re: [TF2] Setting a player to use a custom model's collision hull?
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Greg House View Post
Not possible. These are hardcoded.
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Player_Entity

Watch out when you're paying people for private requests! Most stuff already exists and you can hardly assess the quality of what you'll get, and if it's worth the money.

Last edited by Dr. Greg House; 06-04-2014 at 16:36.
nergal
Veteran Member
Old 06-04-2014 , 17:59   Re: [TF2] Setting a player to use a custom model's collision hull?
Reply With Quote #6

tried SetEntityModel on player, did not work...

help?

Last edited by nergal; 06-04-2014 at 18:07.
Dr. Greg House
Professional Troll,
Part-Time Asshole
Old 06-04-2014 , 18:35   Re: [TF2] Setting a player to use a custom model's collision hull?
Reply With Quote #7

I feel ignored.

noodleboy347
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-04-2014 , 18:59   Re: [TF2] Setting a player to use a custom model's collision hull?
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Greg House View Post
I feel ignored.
Let me try:

YOU CANNOT

Last edited by noodleboy347; 06-04-2014 at 19:04. Reason: I wanted it to be red as well
Dr. Greg House
Professional Troll,
Part-Time Asshole
Old 06-04-2014 , 19:03   Re: [TF2] Setting a player to use a custom model's collision hull?
Reply With Quote #9

Thanks.

<--------------------------------

(pic pls crazy Asian guy)

Last edited by Dr. Greg House; 06-04-2014 at 19:04.
nergal
Veteran Member
Old 06-04-2014 , 19:18   Re: [TF2] Setting a player to use a custom model's collision hull?
Reply With Quote #10

well, is there a way I can scale the oversized model without scaling down the player? It seems that m_flModelScale also scales the player's collision hull as well.

If I can't do what I want, I'll try to get around it.

Last edited by nergal; 06-04-2014 at 19:31.