Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Black Mesa

Post New Thread Reply   

ANTICHRISTUS
kingdom of weird stuff
Old 10-01-2012 , 08:29   Black Mesa
Reply With Quote #1

finally, and after a long expectations. Black Mesa is finally released. sorry if I forgot to tell people about it, knowing it since september 13th 2012.

for more informations, please visit:

installation
:

• this is a "steam only" mod. please do not ask for its installation, if you don't own a steam game.
  1. choose a mirror to download it.
  2. the .exe application must be in the same location as the .7z archive to be executed.
  3. System_Requirements.
  4. enjoy .
credits:

teol: for the announcement in another french forum.
-Kid-: for showing us briefly how to install it correctly.

Impressions:
  • tested with an Entry-level graphic card (Nvidia n210), 2 GO or ram, Core2 Duo 2.93
  • seems not to be a resource intensive game.
  • a total remake of the first Half-life, for those who didin't like Half-life 2.
Old 10-01-2012 , 18:10   Re: Black Mesa
Reply With Quote #2

Its back! And ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slRsexrhbG8
Same things again, uh so boring...
AmineKyo
فوق سريرك
Old 10-01-2012 , 18:41   Re: Black Mesa
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Dare Devil. View Post
Its back! And ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slRsexrhbG8
Same things again, uh so boring...

Half-Life Best Game Best Story
Old 10-02-2012 , 04:41   Re: Black Mesa
Reply With Quote #4

@ .Dare Devil. it's not exactly the same game, but a remake. many details had changed with better sounds, sprites and animations, etc.
for those who didn't play the first one, and really don't like the crapy HL2, it's really a great challenge. alone against aliens and Adrien Shephard with his numerous comrades. just try to join the surface.. OMG.

@ AmineKyo we can't say it's the best story of all the game ever created. but it's the best one in all Valve games.

@ jonnzus you said something sir ?
Old 10-02-2012 , 10:15   Re: Black Mesa
Reply With Quote #5

Don't forget that you need to install the Source 2007 Base (I think that's the right one) from Steam's Tools section.

Of course, if you wait a few weeks, it'll show up in Steam's store since it's already been Greenlit.

Last edited by Powerlord; 10-02-2012 at 10:16.
RaHBeR
๏_๏
Old 10-02-2012 , 10:50   Re: Black Mesa
Reply With Quote #6

Hi All,
This seems to be a good game
I want to ask that is it a standalone game or a MOD? Do we need to have Half-Life 2 to play this game?
Regards,
RaHBeR

Last edited by RaHBeR; 10-02-2012 at 10:53. Reason: Correction in language
ANTICHRISTUS
kingdom of weird stuff
Old 10-02-2012 , 11:47   Re: Black Mesa
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Don't forget that you need to install the Source 2007 Base (I think that's the right one) from Steam's Tools section.
thanks sir. it's better to notify it. because a lot of people may not pay attention to those details in the System_Requirements. link .
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaHBeR View Post
I want to ask that is it a standalone game or a MOD? Do we need to have Half-Life 2 to play this game?
it's an unfinished stand-alone mod. you can't (not yet) go to Xen like in HL1.
Old 10-02-2012 , 12:40   Re: Black Mesa
Reply With Quote #8

I've been wondering... is there anyone here on Steam who doesn't own a Source game? If so, does Source 2007 Base show up in the Steam tools for you?

I'd heard that it's available to everyone now that Team Fortress 2 is F2P, but I've never confirmed that. Another question would be if you don't have it listed, will installing TF2 and launching it at least once add Source 2007 Base to your tools list?

Last edited by Powerlord; 10-02-2012 at 12:40.
ANTICHRISTUS
kingdom of weird stuff
Old 10-02-2012 , 14:16   Re: Black Mesa
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
I've been wondering... is there anyone here on Steam who doesn't own a Source game? If so, does Source 2007 Base show up in the Steam tools for you?
I think that's shown for all the people. like all those tools for other games than GoldSrc or Source engine games.

Quote:
I'd heard that it's available to everyone now that Team Fortress 2 is F2P, but I've never confirmed that. Another question would be if you don't have it listed, will installing TF2 and launching it at least once add Source 2007 Base to your tools list?
I own TF2, doing all the updates, and never played it online (just some local tests).
so when I installed Black Mesa, the game was working without the Source SDK thingy, and that made me astonished . I told -Kid- about it, and he answered me:
Quote:
if you already own a Source game, then the download should start approximately at 80%.
if it's not finished, then the working game may crash at some point, because of some missed ressources.
  • by downloading Source SDK base 2007, Source SDK base 2006 was downloaded at the same time.
Old 10-02-2012 , 14:47   Re: Black Mesa
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTICHRISTUS View Post
I think that's shown for all the people. like all those tools for other games than GoldSrc or Source engine games.
Well, the thing is that it didn't used to be. You used to have to own a Source game (other than the free version of Portal released in 2010) to have the Source SDK and Source SDK Base 2006 or 2007.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTICHRISTUS View Post
I own TF2, doing all the updates, and never played it online (just some local tests).
so when I installed Black Mesa, the game was working without the Source SDK thingy, and that made me astonished . I told -Kid- about it, and he answered me:
  • by downloading Source SDK base 2007, Source SDK base 2006 was downloaded at the same time.
Never played it online?! What's wrong with you!

But yeah, the following Source games all install the Source 2007 Shared files:
  • Half-Life 2
  • Half-Life 2: Episode 1
  • Half-Life 2: Episode 2
  • Half-Life 2: Deathmatch*
  • Counter-Strike: Source
  • Day of Defeat: Source
  • Portal*
  • Team Fortress 2
L4D, L4D2, Alien Swarm, and CS:GO all use standalone files.

For that matter, Half-Life 2: Deathmatch is literally the Source 2007 Shared files with an executable slapped on top of it... it doesn't have any other files.

* The free versions of these games will prevent you from launching games that require the Source 2007 SDK Base, though, unless you have another game from this list. May no longer apply, though.

Side note: I don't think Valve has corrected the error they made in the Source 2007 files when the Mac versions launched in 2010. The error being that the Source 2007 Shared Sounds now include all dialog from HL2 in it.

Last edited by Powerlord; 10-03-2012 at 14:30.