Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Proper explosion damage

Post New Thread Reply   

urban_ninja
Old 07-24-2011 , 06:25   Proper explosion damage
Reply With Quote #1

Locking that thread was uncalled for. See this is a prime example of a major turn off from coming to these forums for help. Just because someone doesn't know how something is done don't make it right to cut them off and lock the topic. All your doing is preventing someone from learning more in amxx scripting. May I remind you this is the scripting help forum... How is anyone supposed to learn more if the have to stick to what they know?

Quote:
Closing this thread as you apparently do not know what you are doing. If you want someone to make a plugin for you, post in Suggestions/Requests.
I have tried that so many times its not even worth the bother. Every plugin request I have ever made is either never answer or rejected. Which is why I decided to try and learn amxx scripting in the first place. I have gotten farther trying to make plugins versus requesting them.

So what if im only a natural in mapping and not code writing but its not like I don't want to learn how to code so I don't have to depend on anyone for making a plugin, Because just requesting plugins seems to get nowhere.

I'm going to give my blunt opinion about this place even if it bans me because it wouldn't make a damn bit of difference considering my last remaining motive for coming here is completely gone now. So I have 1 thing to say if you ban me. I just don't give a fuck.

Almost everyone here are complete rude ass holes especially the people who run this place who inflict unreasonable decisions upon a member. The help here is grossly discouraging. I don't know what the hell the plugin approver is thinking when approving plugins that have bugs and broken features. Dealing with plugin coders are just down and out right aggravating in requesting plugins or trying to learn code from them you don't understand in hope to later on do things your self because no one wants to make your plugin. You guys here are absolute dicks. You guys make it a catch 22 when someone has an idea and wants it to be more than just an idea.

Last edited by urban_ninja; 07-24-2011 at 06:29.
Diegorkable
Veteran Member
Old 07-24-2011 , 08:35   Re: Proper explosion damage
Reply With Quote #2

Till where do you know in scripting bro? You should start making real real simple plugins till you level up slowly, probably what you did is request about a plugin that was too high-leveled for you and your code showed it, I haven't seen the code that your thread got closed for but if you need help you can PM me, I'd be glad to help you.

EDIT: I saw the thread, it's probably cuz you asked everytime about a simple error or warning that could be fixed if you knew basic scripting, but yeah i think it was still wrong to close your thread, perhaps.

Last edited by Diegorkable; 07-24-2011 at 08:42.
urban_ninja
Old 07-24-2011 , 15:31   Re: Proper explosion damage
Reply With Quote #3

Actually it wasn't every error I ask what the problem was. Most of the errors I got I was able to fix on my own. Some of the coding functions that was used in that example I already written in my plugin as a stock well befor I started that thread. I had no problem making the explosion with shockwave and dynamic light its self. I just had a hard time getting the explosive damage its self to work properly. I've tryed to using radius_damage() but it was very unstable using the same origin index as the explosion effects. I was even told that radius_damage finds the origin on its own and so I tryed that was and result of that was explosion only happened at x0,y0,z0 origin so that wasnt true.

Anyways im glad your at least willing to help
Old 07-24-2011 , 21:08   Re: Proper explosion damage
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban_ninja View Post
Locking that thread was uncalled for. See this is a prime example of a major turn off from coming to these forums for help. Just because someone doesn't know how something is done don't make it right to cut them off and lock the topic. All your doing is preventing someone from learning more in amxx scripting. May I remind you this is the scripting help forum... How is anyone supposed to learn more if the have to stick to what they know?

I have tried that so many times its not even worth the bother. Every plugin request I have ever made is either never answer or rejected. Which is why I decided to try and learn amxx scripting in the first place. I have gotten farther trying to make plugins versus requesting them.

So what if im only a natural in mapping and not code writing but its not like I don't want to learn how to code so I don't have to depend on anyone for making a plugin, Because just requesting plugins seems to get nowhere.

I'm going to give my blunt opinion about this place even if it bans me because it wouldn't make a damn bit of difference considering my last remaining motive for coming here is completely gone now. So I have 1 thing to say if you ban me. I just don't give a fuck.

Almost everyone here are complete rude ass holes especially the people who run this place who inflict unreasonable decisions upon a member. The help here is grossly discouraging. I don't know what the hell the plugin approver is thinking when approving plugins that have bugs and broken features. Dealing with plugin coders are just down and out right aggravating in requesting plugins or trying to learn code from them you don't understand in hope to later on do things your self because no one wants to make your plugin. You guys here are absolute dicks. You guys make it a catch 22 when someone has an idea and wants it to be more than just an idea.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 07-24-2011 , 21:55   Re: Proper explosion damage
Reply With Quote #5

This forum is a public forum so you can't always control everybody.

I'm guessing Emp probably assumed you "didn't know what you were doing" because you completely ignored wrecked's post about not needing that variable (or even most of the code given). The example given was just that, an example, and can not be taken completely as a working function for your specific case. You have to use only parts of the examples given.

The part that actually does the damage is this:

PHP Code:
        for (new i=0numfoundi++)
        {        
            new 
pid entlist[i];

if (!
is_user_alive(pid) || get_user_team(attacker) == get_user_team(pid))
                continue;

ExecuteHam(Ham_TakeDamagepidentattacker350.01);
        } 
It does not affect teammates and any damage delt will be as if it was coming from the player "attacker" using the weapon "ent".

Last edited by fysiks; 07-24-2011 at 21:57.