Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Health++ HP Supremacy v1.0

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   Counter-Strike        Category:   Gameplay       
WATCH_DOGS UNITED
BANNED
Old 01-25-2022 , 12:34  
Reply With Quote #1

Last edited by WATCH_DOGS UNITED; 01-25-2022 at 16:07.
Napoleon_be
Veteran Member
Old 01-25-2022 , 13:15   Re: Health++ HP Supremacy v1.0
Reply With Quote #2

I think we're all just waiting for HamletEagle to get online and take care of this topic.

What's the point of the config file when you have the cvars? The plugin is way too simple, others have done it before, way better.
Veteran Member
Old 01-25-2022 , 13:26   Re: Health++ HP Supremacy v1.0
Reply With Quote #3

Yay I am the first to DL and comment. So no clamping. Where does max HP ever end? 24/7 server would make bots invincible.

Code:
register_event  ( "ResetHUD"  , "New_ResetHUD"       , "be"                             )

Last edited by DJEarthQuake; 02-01-2022 at 11:34. Reason: Code aside
WATCH_DOGS UNITED
BANNED
Old 01-25-2022 , 13:33   Re: Health++ HP Supremacy v1.0
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon_be View Post
I think we're all just waiting for HamletEagle to get online and take care of this topic.

What's the point of the config file when you have the cvars? The plugin is way too simple, others have done it before, way better.
Already made? Can you pass a link?

So you want to type the same things again instead of saving values into the config file for it to be loaded automatically?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEarthQuake View Post
Yay I am the first to DL and comment. So no clamping. Where does max HP ever end? 24/7 server would make bots invincible.

Code:
register_event  ( "ResetHUD"  , "New_ResetHUD"       , "be"                             )
Many will argue about NOT using that method like it is religion (no proof) just over reading a post and doing no real research on their own. I made a script to log and count how often it fires. Not that often.
Spoiler
We already added a comment into the plugin code about the fix we made for the ResetHUD event.

It sends a task just 1 time, you can test by just giving money instead of HP and buy something to check if the money will be received again.

Just remove the f* bots from the server if this is a problem... After this add the bots again and the kills amount will reset.

Last edited by WATCH_DOGS UNITED; 01-25-2022 at 14:06.
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 01-25-2022 , 14:12   Re: Health++ HP Supremacy v1.0
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEarthQuake View Post
Code:
Many will argue about NOT using that method like it is religion (no proof) just over reading a post and doing no real research on their own. I made a script to log and count how often it fires. Not that often.
Spoiler
No offense, but your tests are usually flawed. Remember the #define ent create_entity("") where you argued it works for 3 pages only to realize it doesn't actually work correctly? Yea, good times.

ResetHUD should NOT be used to detect player spawn. Ham_Spawn is the right way to do so because it directly hooks the function that the game dll uses to spawn players. You can't get more accurate than this.

This plugin is too simple and yet poorly coded. Unapproved.

I already told you to stop using ResetHUD to detect spawn. Don't try come up with a fix("// reset_count is a way to fix the ResetHUD event from sending a task multiple times at once.") for something wrong(ResetHUD), just use the right thing(Ham_Spawn) which is already called once and at the exact moment a player spawns.

Last edited by HamletEagle; 01-25-2022 at 14:15.
WATCH_DOGS UNITED
BANNED
Old 01-25-2022 , 14:21   Re: Health++ HP Supremacy v1.0
Reply With Quote #6

HamSpawn is not cappable to deliver health to players.

Here is the code with the difference it gives money you will see that the money is delivered just 1 time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletEagle View Post
Remember the #define ent create_entity("") where you argued it works for 3 pages only to realize it doesn't actually work correctly? Yea, good times.
You are probably crazy we had never created a plugin with create_entity("").
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (health_pp.sma - 165 views - 4.1 KB)

Last edited by WATCH_DOGS UNITED; 01-25-2022 at 14:29.
iclassdon
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-25-2022 , 14:33   Re: Health++ HP Supremacy v1.0
Reply With Quote #7

There are so many of them. All unapproved.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...53&postcount=1

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...84&postcount=1

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...96&postcount=1

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...74&postcount=1

I use something like this on my server though. Would be interested in an upgrade. I tested your plug and run a deathmatch so useless for me only awards on round end.
Send a message via MSN to iclassdon
WATCH_DOGS UNITED
BANNED
Old 01-25-2022 , 14:43   Re: Health++ HP Supremacy v1.0
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by iclassdon View Post
There are so many of them. All unapproved.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...53&postcount=1

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...84&postcount=1

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...96&postcount=1

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...74&postcount=1

I use something like this on my server though. Would be interested in an upgrade. I tested your plug and run a deathmatch so useless for me only awards on round end.

Thanks for taking your time looking.

None of the plugins on this list are the same as ours. They give the player HP right when they kill enemies. Our plugin causes round start health to be changed. HamSpawn can't deliver health to players only ResetHUD can, and we've already fixed ResetHUD defect using a reset_count that makes it only do something once instead of multiples like VEN said.
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 01-25-2022 , 15:18   Re: Health++ HP Supremacy v1.0
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH_DOGS UNITED View Post
You are probably crazy we had never created a plugin with create_entity("").
You probably lack reading comprehension, among other things. Look at the post I quoted - the first part of my reply was to DjEarthQuake, I wasn't talking to you.

About not being able to "deliver health in Ham_Spawn", hook it as post and do your thing. I think you should stop for a second and think why you seem to have issues with the most basic things in 2022, when people used them for more than 10 years. Maybe you are doing something wrong.

Last edited by HamletEagle; 01-25-2022 at 15:20.
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 01-25-2022 , 16:11   Re: Health++ HP Supremacy v1.0
Reply With Quote #10

I hate how I turned on my computer just to have a look at the code and it got deleted moments before I got my hands on it.

I have a more serious question though. Why are you referring to yourself in plural?

//Edit: I think they just rage-quit the entire website so I guess me'll never find out.

Last edited by OciXCrom; 01-25-2022 at 16:13.
Send a message via Skype™ to OciXCrom