Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[Any] Dev Zones (Zones Manager with natives for developers) [Updated 30-Mar-2021]

Post New Thread Reply   

Franc1sco
Veteran Member
Old 11-05-2013 , 13:59   Re: [Any] Dev Zones (with natives for developers) v2.0
Reply With Quote #41

New version v2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. McKay View Post
Figured out why this is happening. round_start isn't called in TF2, you need to hook teamplay_round_start instead. Attached is a version that should work in TF2.
Added hook teamplay_round_start for TF2 support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. McKay View Post
Ever since the TF2 Halloween update, this plugin has been crashing my server every 15 minutes or so. The model cvar is fetched and precached in OnMapStart, before configs are executed. The precaching should be moved to OnConfigsExecuted.
-Changed OnMapStart to OnConfigsExecuted

-Changed default model to models/props/de_train/barrel.mdl

-Bug fixeds

You like my work? +Rep in my steam profile comments or donate.

Send a message via MSN to Franc1sco
Franc1sco
Veteran Member
Old 01-15-2014 , 15:27   Re: [Any] Dev Zones (with natives for developers) v2.1.1
Reply With Quote #42

New version 2.1.1

-Fixed a important bug where the models is not precached in the map change

Fullsteel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-17-2014 , 17:56   Re: [Any] Dev Zones (with natives for developers) v2.1.1
Reply With Quote #43

When setting visibility to all only one of them shows up as visible to all, otherwise it's invisible

Actually the latest release crashes the game for players in my server, I'm using the 'fixed' version by Dr. McKay with models/effects/bday_gib01.mdl as the model cvar for TF2

Last edited by Fullsteel; 01-17-2014 at 18:01.
ArchangelGabriel
Old 01-20-2014 , 23:30   Re: [Any] Dev Zones (with natives for developers) v2.1.1
Reply With Quote #44

I downloaded this to see if it would work on my TF2 server... So I set a zone, but it still does not say when someone enters or leaves. Also can't see the barrier, its invisible even after I set it to all visibility plus a color. I tried all 3 colors. I set a zone on the control point (which is the center of where I want the zone) then stretched it to the door of the arena and above on the roof to the other door. Yet it makes no difference. Nothing telling me I'm in a zone or not. Also, I looked in the config file that was auto generated for my map and all it says is "Zones" but it has no zones in it, yet in the menu it says I have a zone saved.

When I go through the menu and do "Start Zone" I assume you walk around the area you want to put the zone on, when I move in any direction or even move my mouse to look around, my entire game crashes, but not the server.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

P.S. my model is set to "models/flag/flag.mdl" because that's a small model that works as far as I know.

Last edited by ArchangelGabriel; 01-20-2014 at 23:35.
Franc1sco
Veteran Member
Old 01-21-2014 , 03:11   Re: [Any] Dev Zones (with natives for developers) v2.1.1
Reply With Quote #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchangelGabriel View Post
I downloaded this to see if it would work on my TF2 server... So I set a zone, but it still does not say when someone enters or leaves. Also can't see the barrier, its invisible even after I set it to all visibility plus a color. I tried all 3 colors. I set a zone on the control point (which is the center of where I want the zone) then stretched it to the door of the arena and above on the roof to the other door. Yet it makes no difference. Nothing telling me I'm in a zone or not. Also, I looked in the config file that was auto generated for my map and all it says is "Zones" but it has no zones in it, yet in the menu it says I have a zone saved.

When I go through the menu and do "Start Zone" I assume you walk around the area you want to put the zone on, when I move in any direction or even move my mouse to look around, my entire game crashes, but not the server.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

P.S. my model is set to "models/flag/flag.mdl" because that's a small model that works as far as I know.
I not have a TF2 server for test it, add me in steam if you want that I can support it correctly in TF2

ArchangelGabriel
Old 01-21-2014 , 20:02   Re: [Any] Dev Zones (with natives for developers) v2.1.1
Reply With Quote #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franc1sco View Post
I not have a TF2 server for test it, add me in steam if you want that I can support it correctly in TF2
Alright I added you.
JoB2C
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-24-2014 , 18:58   Re: [Any] Dev Zones (with natives for developers) v2.1.1
Reply With Quote #47

Hi!

First, thank you for your plugin, it's really useful!

But, strange things are happening to me with this plugin. I mean, I setted up all my zones on all my maps, but after some days, I noticed that some zones moved (so they do not work anymore as expected). I'm the only admin on my server, so I know that no one changed them.

Have you any idea of why this is happening?

Thank you
Root_
Veteran Member
Old 01-25-2014 , 08:55   Re: [Any] Dev Zones (with natives for developers) v2.1.1
Reply With Quote #48

JoB2C you can try different zones plugin.

dodsplugins.com - Plugins and Resources for Day of Defeat
http://twitch.tv/zadroot
Franc1sco
Veteran Member
Old 01-25-2014 , 09:03   Re: [Any] Dev Zones (with natives for developers) v2.1.1
Reply With Quote #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoB2C View Post
Hi!

First, thank you for your plugin, it's really useful!

But, strange things are happening to me with this plugin. I mean, I setted up all my zones on all my maps, but after some days, I noticed that some zones moved (so they do not work anymore as expected). I'm the only admin on my server, so I know that no one changed them.

Have you any idea of why this is happening?

Thank you
You mean that the coordinates have moved or what you mean exactly? in all maps? I use this plugin a long time ago in my servers and I dont have any problem

@Root_
Not advertise your plugin in my plugin thread, please

Last edited by Franc1sco; 01-25-2014 at 09:03.
JoB2C
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-25-2014 , 11:24   Re: [Any] Dev Zones (with natives for developers) v2.1.1
Reply With Quote #50

That strangely didn't happened on all maps, but I don't know if the coordinates changed in the files, I didn't check it :/

To be more precise, my zones were not at all at the same place, they went out of the maps.

Anyway, I setted them up again, I'll see in some days if they moved again or not.

Another question: do you plan adding database storage instead of files?