but your plug is
//HookEvent("zombie_ignited", TankBurnPoints);

??
Forgot to unquote that one part, sorry.
olj
Veteran Member
Old 07-01-2009 , 21:54   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #32

WOW, tested it with bots, very nice. Zombie's menu is sooo imba, lol. That will make games much more fun. I expect players to keep points to mass spawn witches or to get tank. It will be very fun together with other plugins and with 10 vs 10 versus. The last needed thing is cvars for controlling the cost of each item. Also all clientgive commands appears to work from chat, but wont work from console, thats kinda strange.

Last edited by olj; 07-01-2009 at 22:13.
(-DR-)GrammerNatzi
Old 07-02-2009 , 00:20   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by olj View Post
WOW, tested it with bots, very nice. Zombie's menu is sooo imba, lol. That will make games much more fun. I expect players to keep points to mass spawn witches or to get tank. It will be very fun together with other plugins and with 10 vs 10 versus. The last needed thing is cvars for controlling the cost of each item. Also all clientgive commands appears to work from chat, but wont work from console, thats kinda strange.
I tried versus with a full server. It's amazingly fun. We only had two times where the survivors won, and the second time was kind of cheating. We used the infinite reserve mod along with it, and it was really fun. Of course, as I said, the survivors died so much, but it was worth it. We had a tank spawn in the elevator in No Mercy, and when the survivors opened it, the guy who was playing as the tank charged out and killed three of the survivors.

I really recommend putting this on a versus server, as it makes it so much more tense, challenging, and overall, fun.

EDIT:

I still see a lot of servers with the old version. I'm guessing they haven't upgraded yet or they prefer the no infected points thing. They could just get rid of the infected points by making all the values 0 for them, though.

Last edited by (-DR-)GrammerNatzi; 07-02-2009 at 00:32.
fgriasa
Old 07-02-2009 , 05:19   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #34

points_amount_extra_headshotkills - How many extra kills survivors are awarded for scoring headshots. 0 = None. (Default: 1)

points_amount_extra_minigunkills - How many extra kills survivors are awarded for scoring minigun kills. 0 = None. (Default: 1)

The two could not be activated
Iruparazzo
Old 07-02-2009 , 07:29   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #35

Hi, I met you a few nights ago on my steam group's server (ACROSS), and the previous poster Psynature is the one who runs the server but I am having a problem we can think of no fix for.

The keys 6, 7, 8, 9 and 0 do not work for me, so I can only make !admin and !usepoints etc. choices 1-5. I had previously had 7 and 8 bound to some spawn commands, but I have done everything I can think of to remap the keys. 6,9 and 0 were not previously bound.

I have used unbindall in the console, I have reset the default key configuration within the in-game options menu. I have reset the default .cfg file, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the entire game >.<

I have edited the .cfg to include this (which I got from the config_default file):
bind "0" "slot10"
bind "1" "slot1"
bind "2" "slot2"
bind "3" "slot3"
bind "4" "slot4"
bind "5" "slot5"
bind "6" "slot6"
bind "7" "slot7"
bind "8" "slot8"
bind "9" "slot9"

Why can't I use 6,7,8,9 or 0 to make selections in the !admin and !usepoints menus? I have come across players who also cannot use these keys.

Last edited by Iruparazzo; 07-02-2009 at 07:32.
Poheart
Old 07-02-2009 , 10:07   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #36

I don't know why
I tried few times to compile this file
but it show many Warning..
Is it not finish yet?
(-DR-)GrammerNatzi
Old 07-02-2009 , 13:08   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poheart View Post
I don't know why
I tried few times to compile this file
but it show many Warning..
Is it not finish yet?
The warnings are nothing to worry about. They are just the compiler being a little un-sure about the code. This happens lots of times with many plug-ins. Don't worry, though, as the plug-in works just fine, and there are no bugs that relate to the warnings.
(-DR-)GrammerNatzi
Old 07-02-2009 , 13:12   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iruparazzo View Post
Hi, I met you a few nights ago on my steam group's server (ACROSS), and the previous poster Psynature is the one who runs the server but I am having a problem we can think of no fix for.

The keys 6, 7, 8, 9 and 0 do not work for me, so I can only make !admin and !usepoints etc. choices 1-5. I had previously had 7 and 8 bound to some spawn commands, but I have done everything I can think of to remap the keys. 6,9 and 0 were not previously bound.

I have used unbindall in the console, I have reset the default key configuration within the in-game options menu. I have reset the default .cfg file, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the entire game >.<

I have edited the .cfg to include this (which I got from the config_default file):
bind "0" "slot10"
bind "1" "slot1"
bind "2" "slot2"
bind "3" "slot3"
bind "4" "slot4"
bind "5" "slot5"
bind "6" "slot6"
bind "7" "slot7"
bind "8" "slot8"
bind "9" "slot9"

Why can't I use 6,7,8,9 or 0 to make selections in the !admin and !usepoints menus? I have come across players who also cannot use these keys.
This is not a problem with my mod. It is a problem with SourceMod in general. See, Left4Dead does not bind those keys automatically, unlike CSS and TF2. In order to get those binds to work, you must enable gamepad and then disable it. The number keys should work now and will probably keep on working correctly, but all your console binds will be previously erased. To make sure you can get them back, copy your binds to a cfg like "backupbinds.cfg" and then execute it when you get in-game.

There, your SourceMod should be working properly now.
chunXray
Old 07-02-2009 , 14:38   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #39

This system is awesome, i would like to insert a messenge telling players how many points left after they buy something?
Can i modify price of items?

There was lots of warning during i compile this plugin. Is that alright at all?

Last edited by chunXray; 07-02-2009 at 14:41.
Iruparazzo
Old 07-02-2009 , 18:38   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #40

Yay thank you so much =D That worked, ofc it had to be something that simple right.... *facepalm*