[L4D] Item Buy System

Post New Thread Reply   

(-DR-)GrammerNatzi
Old 07-13-2009 , 16:40   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrossKopf View Post
Got some more feedback based on a VS match I just played:

• I have -1 as the cost for Boomer, Hunter and Smoker, but they still show up on the menu (as cost 0). Is there a way to remove what isn't allowed?
  • Could you have an option to allow the admin to disable the !points and !usepoints output, so when someone uses it, it doesn't show up on screen (kinda like typing 'rank' for HLStatsX)
  • Would it be possible to have a small display on the side of the screen showing your current points?
  • I had one player with over 40 points, but for some reason it wouldn't let him spawn a tank, although I know someone on the other team had done it earlier. When he selected the Tank from the menu, it didn't do anything.
  • Can we get a cvar to set the time that the messages appear on screen that tell you about using the points and how to fix the problem with the 6,7, etc keys?
1. -1 Doesn't work, sorry. I changed it to 1337 because I felt like it and because SourceMod is a ***** and sets all negative numbers to 0.00000. Also, why disable boomer, hunter, and smoker? They can't even spawn close to the survivors anymore. The auto thing places them similar to the way the director does.

2. I don't know how to do that. They can type it in console, though.

3. I don't know how to do that, either. Personally, I wouldn't like that.

4. I have had that problem, too. I think it has to do with ping. It is probably a sourcemod problem.

5. The cvar is possible, I'll try and add it in. The only way to get their 6 - 0 keys working without them doing it themselves is for the plug-in to do it for them. That is against the rules, however, so don't expect it.
savagekid
Old 07-13-2009 , 18:15   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #112

Is the admin gift commands broken? I tried to use sm_clientsetpoints and it wont work. When i type just sm_clientsetpoints it says how to use it, but when i plug in the name and points, it says its not a real command.

Use Coupon Code "GLOBAL50" To Get 50% Off Every Month.
Send a message via MSN to savagekid
(-DR-)GrammerNatzi
Old 07-13-2009 , 18:20   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagekid View Post
Is the admin gift commands broken? I tried to use sm_clientsetpoints and it wont work. When i type just sm_clientsetpoints it says how to use it, but when i plug in the name and points, it says its not a real command.
Is this on a local server or not? And is it in single player? If it isn't a local server, try typing !clientsetpoints instead. If it is in single-player, I don't think it'll work at all.
GrossKopf
Old 07-13-2009 , 23:19   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagekid View Post
You have to set the cost to 1337 to disable the cost (mentioned on first page). I don't think it's a good idea to add that display because it blocks a part of your screen which can be annoying. (Unless you add the options to turn onn or off)
It would be nice if these things were posted in a new reply. I don't look at the first post each time for changes.

BTW - The -1 IS working. It disables whatever has that, but it shows up as a cost of 0 in the menu (players can't select it).
GrossKopf
Old 07-13-2009 , 23:21   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by (-DR-)GrammerNatzi View Post
1. -1 Doesn't work, sorry. I changed it to 1337 because I felt like it and because SourceMod is a ***** and sets all negative numbers to 0.00000. Also, why disable boomer, hunter, and smoker? They can't even spawn close to the survivors anymore. The auto thing places them similar to the way the director does.

2. I don't know how to do that. They can type it in console, though.

3. I don't know how to do that, either. Personally, I wouldn't like that.

4. I have had that problem, too. I think it has to do with ping. It is probably a sourcemod problem.

5. The cvar is possible, I'll try and add it in. The only way to get their 6 - 0 keys working without them doing it themselves is for the plug-in to do it for them. That is against the rules, however, so don't expect it.
-1 works for me. It disables the item, but leaves it on the menu with a cost of 0, but players can't select them. I disabled those SI's because maybe I don't understand them. Will it allow them to change to that SI, or does it spawn an AI controlled SI?

Why do players have that problem with the 6-0 keys? I didn't have that problem.
(-DR-)GrammerNatzi
Old 07-13-2009 , 23:52   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #116

Quote:
-1 works for me. It disables the item, but leaves it on the menu with a cost of 0, but players can't select them. I disabled those SI's because maybe I don't understand them. Will it allow them to change to that SI, or does it spawn an AI controlled SI?

Why do players have that problem with the 6-0 keys? I didn't have that problem.
First, I don't see how that worked, but that's good to hear. Second, it spawns that player as the special infected (usually). Third, that problem is a steam cloud glitch. Some people get it, some people don't. It's valve's fault, from what it seems.
olj
Veteran Member
Old 07-14-2009 , 04:53   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #117

If im not mistaken, its because 6-0 keys arent bound properly in l4d by default. Bind them to slots in config.cfg.
GrossKopf
Old 07-14-2009 , 16:07   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #118

I placed these lines in my server.cfg file:

sm plugins unload L4DPointsandGift.smx
sm plugins load L4DPointsandGift.smx

For survivors, that seems to cause them to have their points reset to 0 at the begining of each map, which is what I want. I just played in a VS map and I started the new map (as survivor) with 46 points. I joined in middle of the second map, so I am not sure if the previous player had used any points or what happened, but a cvar to force all points to 0 at the begining of each map would be nice.
(-DR-)GrammerNatzi
Old 07-14-2009 , 16:38   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #119

Quote:
I placed these lines in my server.cfg file:

sm plugins unload L4DPointsandGift.smx
sm plugins load L4DPointsandGift.smx

For survivors, that seems to cause them to have their points reset to 0 at the begining of each map, which is what I want. I just played in a VS map and I started the new map (as survivor) with 46 points. I joined in middle of the second map, so I am not sure if the previous player had used any points or what happened, but a cvar to force all points to 0 at the begining of each map would be nice.
That would be nice. I'd just have to find an event that occurs when the map changes.
GrossKopf
Old 07-14-2009 , 17:48   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by (-DR-)GrammerNatzi View Post
That would be nice. I'd just have to find an event that occurs when the map changes.
There's no command that can be issued at the beginning of a map to remove all points?