Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Custom Votes v0.5.6 (1/07)

Post New Thread Reply   

MaximReapage
Old 07-10-2008 , 08:31   Re: Custom Votes v0.5.2 (6/29)
Reply With Quote #121

Would there be any way to get this to be completely stand alone and actually replace the basevotes and funvotes plugin? To be honest, I love the way this plugin is set up, but I don't like the fact that I have to keep basevotes and funvotes in and override them so that not all admins on the server have access to those votes.
Send a message via AIM to MaximReapage
chundo
Old 07-10-2008 , 11:41   Re: Custom Votes v0.5.2 (6/29)
Reply With Quote #122

You should be able to just move the basevotes.smx and funvotes.smx plugins to the "disabled" directory, and use Custom Votes for everything.
Old 07-10-2008 , 18:18   Re: Custom Votes v0.5.3 (7/10)
Reply With Quote #123

Uploaded 0.5.3 in main post.

Changes:
- Fixed votes stalling if they required approval ("approve" config parameter)
- Reset vote pointer earlier to allow chaining together votes (Bury, see if this fixes your problem)
Old 07-11-2008 , 03:11   Re: Custom Votes v0.5.3 (7/10)
Reply With Quote #124

Not trying to start a flame war or anything, but you would have thought I would have tried that before posting this....

Anyway, no, custom votes completely fails to work at all if at least basevotes.smx is not present. Hence, the reason I'm asking =)
Send a message via AIM to MaximReapage
chundo
Old 07-11-2008 , 11:31   Re: Custom Votes v0.5.3 (7/10)
Reply With Quote #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximReapage View Post
Not trying to start a flame war or anything, but you would have thought I would have tried that before posting this....

Anyway, no, custom votes completely fails to work at all if at least basevotes.smx is not present. Hence, the reason I'm asking =)
Then no. My server actually crashed when they were missing (although this may have more to do with trying to initiate a vote from console with no players connected, haven't tested in depth yet). But Custom Votes doesn't use any functionality from basevotes, so I'm not sure why there would be a problem.

Last edited by chundo; 07-11-2008 at 15:04.
spacedkadet
Old 07-12-2008 , 15:20   Re: Custom Votes v0.5.3 (7/10)
Reply With Quote #126

Hi, Love the plugin, its very usefull indeed. One thing i am trying to do with it and am atm failing to do is to extend the setnextmap vote to multiple maps (3). As default the setnextmap vote is only for 1 vote but i would like to make a choice of 3 maps to vote for. I have tried a few things but it wont work, i managed to get it to pick from my maplist.txt so all the maps are there to choose from but i cant make 3 choices available. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be great, thank you.Lee.
Kroimpa
Old 07-12-2008 , 18:42   Re: Custom Votes v0.5.3 (7/10)
Reply With Quote #127

I cant get this to work, i unzipped the files from package, set the "count" parameter in playersvotes.cfg to 0 and checked if chat voting was enabled with the cvar, but it doesnt work.
Im running a fresh install of the HL2 Synergy mod, and this plugin would really help me out making the gameplay more fun.
I dont know why it is not working, i restarted the server, joined it and typed in chat votemap and tried votemap "mapname", but i dont get any reaction on the server or console.
I checked if the plugin was loaded and it was , im really confused because it should be working right?
If u have time, could you help me out?

Did i miss something?
Bury
Old 07-14-2008 , 10:05   Re: Custom Votes v0.5.3 (7/10)
Reply With Quote #128

My vote still isn't working, i've attatched the .cfg to see if you can determine what's wrong, and so you can see what is happening first hand.
Attached Files
File Type: cfg mapvoting.cfg (1.8 KB, 152 views)
chundo
Old 07-16-2008 , 12:12   Re: Custom Votes v0.5.3 (7/10)
Reply With Quote #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacedkadet View Post
Hi, Love the plugin, its very usefull indeed. One thing i am trying to do with it and am atm failing to do is to extend the setnextmap vote to multiple maps (3). As default the setnextmap vote is only for 1 vote but i would like to make a choice of 3 maps to vote for. I have tried a few things but it wont work, i managed to get it to pick from my maplist.txt so all the maps are there to choose from but i cant make 3 choices available. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be great, thank you.Lee.
Try using this configuration - I haven't tested it, but this is roughly the way you'd need to set it up:

Code:
    "setnextmapmulti"
    {
        "title"           "Which map should be next?"
        "type"            "list"
        "command"         "sm_setnextmap #4"
        "params"
        {
            "1"           "mapcycle"
            "2"           "mapcycle"
            "3"           "mapcycle"
        }
        "options"
        {
            "#1"          "#1"
            "#2"          "#2"
            "#3"          "#3"
        }
    }
Old 07-16-2008 , 12:14   Re: Custom Votes v0.5.3 (7/10)
Reply With Quote #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroimpa View Post
I cant get this to work, i unzipped the files from package, set the "count" parameter in playersvotes.cfg to 0 and checked if chat voting was enabled with the cvar, but it doesnt work.
Im running a fresh install of the HL2 Synergy mod, and this plugin would really help me out making the gameplay more fun.
I dont know why it is not working, i restarted the server, joined it and typed in chat votemap and tried votemap "mapname", but i dont get any reaction on the server or console.
I checked if the plugin was loaded and it was , im really confused because it should be working right?
If u have time, could you help me out?

Did i miss something?
Does running "sm_cvote votemap" in console do anything?