Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

admin_groups.cfg question

Post New Thread Reply   

Byestuff
Old 07-25-2016 , 03:51   admin_groups.cfg question
Reply With Quote #1

Hello. I am like many others, just starting to use SRCDS. Although, I have figured out most information by threads etc. But I cannot find an answer to this:

So, getting into it.

I am trying to make my server as professional looking as I can. In doing so, I have finally gotten to the admin group config file. I have created two groups, one for people who have been in the the server group (P.P.A.N.) for one week, and one for people who have been in it for two months.

This isn't the problem. (Just thought I should put it in here)

The problem comes when I try to give an override for the plugin "taunt'em" (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2157489). I am trying to make it a perk to were they can only do "sm_tauntem @me" then the taunt index id (so "sm_tauntem @me" "allow" is what I tried).

I understand why this doesn't work. (Atleast, I am pretty sure I do, so don't worry about it too much.)

What I want to find is if there is a way to allow them to only do "sm_tauntem @me <indexid>". I don't want someone spamming "sm_tauntem @!me 1015" all the time.

I am just wondering if there is another way to do this. I want to dodge not using sourcemod's admin configuration files, but if I have to, I will get a plugin.

If you need any extra info, I am happy to share.
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 07-25-2016 , 04:41   Re: admin_groups.cfg question
Reply With Quote #2

You can only override commands. "sm_tauntem" is the command, while "@me" or "@!me" are arguments.

You will need to find some other way of restricting use. The simplest method would be to just edit the tauntem plugin to add a new command, sm_tauntme.

I've had a plugin on the backburner for a few months now that would facilitate such an override without editing any plugin's source code, but it's a while off.