Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[ANY] Universal Chat Filter (Version 1.2.2, 2019-01-05)

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
almostagreatcoder
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Fun Stuff
Plugin Game:
Any
Plugin Dependencies:
Servers with this Plugin:
Plugin Description:
Universal chat filter plugin using regular expressions. You can trigger text replacements, name replacements, colors, server commands, and even sounds with it.
Old 10-01-2016 , 18:33   [ANY] Universal Chat Filter (Version 1.2.2, 2019-01-05)
Reply With Quote #1

Universal Chat Filter (Version 1.2.2, 2019-01-05)

Update 2018-12-30: Added the functionality to show url pages plus the ability to specify a 'lifespan' for sections ("valid from" and "valid to" for regex matches)!

A universal chat filter plugin using regular expressions. You can trigger text replacements, name replacements, colors, web pages, server commands, and even sounds with it. Thus you can use it as a guardian over your server's chat language as well a fun replacement tool and even for kicking annoying LMAOBox players (much faster than the VAC system). Oh, and anti CAPS is possible as well.

You need one of these plugins to get the Chat Filter working:
Features
  • Regex filter expression -> filter chat entries by (or player names) by using regular expressions. If you don't know what this is, take a look e.g. here: http://www.regular-expressions.info/tutorial.html
  • Additional filter conditions -> you can specify additional filter conditions like members of a certain team, (non) admins, members of custom chatfilter groups, or exceeding a specified CAPS-letter-to-non-CAPS-letter ratio. You can also specify that filter rules shall only be valid in a certain timespan.
  • Flexible replacements -> choose whether to block a chat entry either completely or just for all other players or just replace it - or parts of it. You can use regex grouping tags in replacements, too.
  • Color replacement options -> you can assign colors in your replacement expressions. (If your game supports this - sorry, CS:GO players!)
  • Color flow replacement options -> use not only plain colors but 'rainbow-like' color flows in your replacement. Like this:
  • Sound replacement options -> you can even play sounds as a replacement or as a part of it!
  • Trigger commands -> use the penalty point system to trigger any server command at (almost) any point.
  • Display URLs -> use the admin command 'sm_showurl' to display any URL to any player.

Commands

The only essential thing is to set up a proper chatfilter config file (chatfilter.cfg). Then anything else will happen automatically. For maintenance or information reasons you can use these commands:
  • sm_chatfilter_reload -> reload the chatfilter.cfg file.
  • sm_chatfilter_reset <name|#userid> [<section id>] -> reset a players penalty points. You can add a config section number if you only want to erase the points for a certain section. (See below: Configuration)
  • sm_chatfilter_status -> show plugin details and a table of all players' information.
  • sm_chatfilter_group <name|#userid> <group> -> assign a player to a group (that has been defined in the config file - see below).
  • sm_chatfilter_ungroup <name|#userid> -> erase the group assignment for a player.
  • sm_showurl <name|#userid> "<url>" [<title>] -> show any URL to any player.

CVars
  • chatfilter_version -> the plugin's version, obviously...
  • sm_chatfilter_enabled -> 1/0 for enabling or disabling the chatfilter. (Default 1)
  • sm_chatfilter_admins -> 0/1 for disabling or enabling the chatfilter on admins. (Default 0)
  • sm_chatfilter_keep_penalty -> 1/0 for keeping or resetting a player's penalty points on reconnect. (Default 1)
  • sm_chatfilter_loglevel -> 0/1/2: 0 = no logging / 1 = log only triggered actions to the sourcemod log file / 2 = log actions and replacements. (Default 1)

Installation

First: Make sure you have one of these two plugins installed:
Then: copy the right chatfilter.smx and chatfilter.cfg...
Copy the chatfilter.smx into your SourceMod 'plugins' directory.
At last, put the chatfilter.cfg into the 'configs' directory. Take a look inside the chatfilter.cfg and modify it to your needs!

The config file:
Spoiler

Download
Attached Files
File Type: cfg chatfilter.cfg (14.0 KB, 628 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (chatfilter.sp - 1003 views - 107.6 KB)
File Type: smx chatfilter.smx (35.7 KB, 498 views)
File Type: zip chatfilter_1.2.2.zip (64.8 KB, 627 views)

Last edited by almostagreatcoder; 01-05-2019 at 07:26. Reason: Accounce the new version
sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 10-01-2016 , 18:38   Re: [ANY] Universal Chat Filter (Version 0.9.6, 2016-10-01)
Reply With Quote #2

Think you forgot to attach the files or link the download
almostagreatcoder
Old 10-01-2016 , 18:39   Re: [ANY] Universal Chat Filter (Version 0.9.6, 2016-10-01)
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawk74 View Post
Think you forgot to attach the files or link the download
Well, you were just too fast for me!
shavit
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-01-2016 , 23:56   Re: [ANY] Universal Chat Filter (Version 0.9.6, 2016-10-01)
Reply With Quote #4

you might want to support Chat-Processor instead: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=286913
Old 10-02-2016 , 06:28   Re: [ANY] Universal Chat Filter (Version 0.9.6, 2016-10-01)
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shavit View Post
you might want to support Chat-Processor instead: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=286913
Okay, I added a new version that supports redwerewolf's plugin now. The only thing I could not figure out is replacing or modifying a player display name. The Chat-Processor does definitely work different here than the Simple Chat Processor and it took me far too long to look into this...

Anyway - at least all the other features work, which is still something!

Have fun!
alerad
Old 10-02-2016 , 06:55   Re: [ANY] Universal Chat Filter (Version 0.9.7, 2016-10-02)
Reply With Quote #6

Does color flow work on csgo?

Either ways, GREAT job
almostagreatcoder
Old 10-02-2016 , 07:02   Re: [ANY] Universal Chat Filter (Version 0.9.7, 2016-10-02)
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by alerad View Post
Does color flow work on csgo?

Either ways, GREAT job
I don't think so. I cannot test it myself, but as far as I know CSGO does not support any custom colors in the chat.

And thanks!
almostagreatcoder
Old 10-04-2016 , 14:15   Re: [ANY] Universal Chat Filter (Version 0.9.8, 2016-10-04)
Reply With Quote #8

I just uploaded a new version 0.9.8! There has been an error with color flows in conjunction with UTF8 characters. This is solved now.

Have fun!
almostagreatcoder
Old 10-05-2016 , 03:41   Re: [ANY] Universal Chat Filter (Version 0.9.9, 2016-10-05)
Reply With Quote #9

...aaand here we go with version 0.9.9! There still was an error in the regex checking loop, that left the plugin sometimes without function. Now everything is neat and shiny again.
Sw33T3R
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-05-2016 , 07:45   Re: [ANY] Universal Chat Filter (Version 0.9.9, 2016-10-05)
Reply With Quote #10

Hi
How can i hide a ! chat trigger?
I want only hide !menu