Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Ubercharged Setup (1.2)

Post New Thread Reply   

retsam
Veteran Member
Old 05-28-2010 , 03:55   Re: [TF2] Ubercharged Setup (0.6)
Reply With Quote #21

If I follow what youre saying....

When round_active is run, it does a loop through all players and gives an uber charge. Thats what you mean right?

After the round_active function stuff, it enables the spawn hook basically..

It then starts counting the successful respawn ubers at that point. So, it does NOT count the first uber given by the loop when round_active is initiated. This would of course give ubers to only those who were already the medic class.

Ok so, what I think youre saying is to somehow check if they actually USED the uber they were given, and if they didnt, allow them another? Obviously when I had created it I wasnt trying to be too precise with this. I guess it would be best to count the loop uber as well.....

Last edited by retsam; 05-28-2010 at 04:03.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 05-28-2010 , 04:13   Re: [TF2] Ubercharged Setup (0.6)
Reply With Quote #22

Well I dont want to penalize people that change classes during setup and eventually end up on medic after already getting an uber when changing to medic earlier. Could you hook something like useduber and see who it was and not give them another after using it during setup.

retsam
Veteran Member
Old 05-28-2010 , 15:30   Re: [TF2] Ubercharged Setup (0.6)
Reply With Quote #23

Alright. I see what youre saying. This was pretty easy to do and the plugin will work much better now I think. Ill have a update in a bit....

Last edited by retsam; 05-28-2010 at 18:21.
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 05-28-2010 , 18:21   Re: [TF2] Ubercharged Setup (0.7)
Reply With Quote #24

OK here it is. Try this out.

Might want to regenerate the config, but I have changed the limit cvar sm_ubersetup_limit "0" to default, instead of 1. Also changed description of cvar.

So now, a setting of 0 means they are not allowed to use any ubercharges or it will deny them on next respawn. If its set to 1, that would mean they are allowed 1 and would require them to use 2 ubercharges before denying them.

This is much better and should probably be how I coded it in the first place. Now players can change classes a billion times, respawn a billion times getting ubercharges and its not going to deny them until they are actually attempting to abuse the plugin/stats with using the ubers.

Update v0.7:

- Changed limit cvar so that it now tracks players actually using ubercharges in the period and not respawning. More efficiently aimed at players abusing stats.

Last edited by retsam; 05-28-2010 at 18:24.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 05-28-2010 , 18:25   Re: [TF2] Ubercharged Setup (0.7)
Reply With Quote #25

Thanks, I should have thought about that at first

DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 06-08-2010 , 02:27   Re: [TF2] Ubercharged Setup (0.7)
Reply With Quote #26

Now I have a new issue. All of my donators are going medic just for the setup round. 10 medics is kind of cheap and thats the last thing I want

retsam
Veteran Member
Old 06-08-2010 , 11:39   Re: [TF2] Ubercharged Setup (0.7)
Reply With Quote #27

lol..

Ya... part of the reason I made it was to help entice people to play medic.

Remember, its more of a head game than anything, the plugin doesnt really change the game much. Its the same thing as if they all went medic normally and just charged up the uber before the gates opened. By default all 10 players could go medic and just manually charge their ubers up, and then theyd have 10 ubers before the gates opened as well...

Its really the same thing, so I dont really consider that an issue. I mean, how do you fix something like that anyways heh.

Last edited by retsam; 06-08-2010 at 12:19.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 06-08-2010 , 13:19   Re: [TF2] Ubercharged Setup (0.7)
Reply With Quote #28

True, but I am trying to keep the game as vanilla as possible. I will see if people keep doing it. The plugin wasnt suppose to encourage people to go medic it was suppose to give them convenience.

retsam
Veteran Member
Old 06-08-2010 , 17:55   Re: [TF2] Ubercharged Setup (0.7)
Reply With Quote #29

Ya, I just mean a small part of it was that. I didnt mean I was like trying to get the whole team to go medic, that would be stupid. The plugin makes you think youre getting something for free, but its really the same thing as if you sat there and charged up an uber.

Part of my logic behind it was, sometimes people join late during setup period, and because they joined late they dont have a chance to charge up an uber. That hurts the team more than the player, so I wanted something to compensate for that as well. I dont think someone joining late within setup period who would be medic should penalize the team, especially how critical it is to have ubers out of the gate on some maps.

One thought...you personally could use a class restriction plugin and modify it so it restricts how many medics there can be during setup period, then have it disable after setup ended.. Thats the only thing I could think of. If you got any better ideas?

Other than that, I kinda like how the plugin works right now. Its cool to hear that though, cause it sounds like my plugin is sorta doing what I thought it would.

Last edited by retsam; 06-08-2010 at 18:17.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 06-23-2010 , 04:00   Re: [TF2] Ubercharged Setup (0.7)
Reply With Quote #30

What about giving medics ubers before setup ends or near to the end so that they cant use it during setup and so that people going medic dont see a free uber the second they go to medic. It would also give people an uber who didnt quite get an uber but are almost there. It would of course only give it to them if they havent used an uber during setup so they dont get two.