Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

All Admin functions ceased working after today's update (8-21)

Post New Thread Reply   

Aderic
Old 08-21-2014 , 22:21   Re: All Admin functions ceased working after today's update (8-21)
Reply With Quote #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan_C001 View Post
so the 1.7 snapshots are using the new format?

This.... I would like to know what to expect from GetClientAuthString from the newest stable build, will it return their legacy Steam ID or will it return the new Steam ID?

I want to go ahead and convert all the steam IDs in my MySQL databases to the new format but don't want to do it just to find out I screwed myself out of future updates.
Old 08-21-2014 , 22:23   Re: All Admin functions ceased working after today's update (8-21)
Reply With Quote #152

i'd prefer the system to move to the new format whilst still maintaining compatibility for the old format in 1.6.x then in 1.7+ completely move to the new format. makes more sense that way to me, i fixed my rankings plugin and the players on my servers are happy so admin permissions can wait until something more solid is done
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 08-21-2014 , 22:26   Re: All Admin functions ceased working after today's update (8-21)
Reply With Quote #153

Quote:
i'd prefer the system to move to the new format whilst still maintaining compatibility for the old format in 1.6.x then in 1.7+ completely move to the new format. makes more sense that way to me, i fixed my rankings plugin and the players on my servers are happy so admin permissions can wait until something more solid is done
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderic View Post
This.... I would like to know what to expect from GetClientAuthString from the newest stable build, will it return their legacy Steam ID or will it return the new Steam ID?

I want to go ahead and convert all the steam IDs in my MySQL databases to the new format but don't want to do it just to find out I screwed myself out of future updates.
I can only say the same thing so many ways.

In 1.6 snapshots, everything is back to using the old ids and will continue to do so as other games are updated with that change. If you don't mess with your configs and database, everything will just work as-is.

In 1.7 and onward, we haven't touched anything yet. We do plan to make the admin system compatible with multiple id formats, as well as have multiple id formats available for retrieval. There is no ETA for this.

Last edited by psychonic; 08-21-2014 at 22:27.
Aderic
Old 08-21-2014 , 22:26   Re: All Admin functions ceased working after today's update (8-21)
Reply With Quote #154

Quote:
I can at-least confirm that for build 1.6.0 setting the identity field to the new format: [U:1:76470771] will grant me admin access; tested using the threaded mysql admin plugin that comes with SourceMod.

Edit: Want to point out for anyone in the same scenario as me, make sure this steam ID has the square brackets on the outsides... U:1:76470771 will not work, however [U:1:76470771] will work.

Last edited by Aderic; 08-21-2014 at 22:27.
Spartan_C001
Reply With Quote #155

im going to take a sneaky peek at some 1.6.0 release scripting and perhaps see if i can do anything for my own servers. everythings fine except admin permissions arent correct
Spartan_C001
Old 08-21-2014 , 22:45   Re: All Admin functions ceased working after today's update (8-21)
Reply With Quote #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
In future versions, we plan to have it be more flexible.

For now, we fixed SM for a game update like we always do. For those that jumped the gun and started converting things on their own, you can either not update yet or use a 1.7 snapshot for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderic View Post
I can at-least confirm that for build 1.6.0 setting the identity field to the new format: [U:1:76470771] will grant me admin access; tested using the threaded mysql admin plugin that comes with SourceMod.

Edit: Want to point out for anyone in the same scenario as me, make sure this steam ID has the square brackets on the outsides... U:1:76470771 will not work, however [U:1:76470771] will work.
i can confirm that admins_simple.ini does not work with the new steamid format in 1.6.0

i'd converted all my files/databases to use the new format already so i thought id have a go at editing the admin-flatfile plugin

... found a line that checks for STEAM_ at the begining... looks familiar... changed it to [U:1: ...

compiled... reloaded on server...

well uh.. that was simple... i fixed the admins stuffs! lolz my god im actually bloomin' amazed how easy that was!

plugins.zip contains source since it will not compile normally on the forums
Attached Files
File Type: smx admin-flatfile.smx (10.5 KB, 522 views)
File Type: zip Plugins.zip (10.0 KB, 372 views)
KorDen
Old 08-22-2014 , 03:09   Re: All Admin functions ceased working after today's update (8-21)
Reply With Quote #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geit View Post
I wrote this quickly for people who need the old style Steam IDs for their plugins until they get a chance to properly patch it.

Code:
stock bool:GetClientAuthString_OldStyle(client, String:authStringDest[], strSize, bool:validate = true)
{    
    new accountID = GetSteamAccountID(client, validate);

if(accountID == 0)
        return false;

FormatEx(authStringDest, strSize, "STEAM_0:%i:%i", (accountID % 2), accountID / 2);
    return true;
}
If someone use that (for example in SM 1.7), better version:
Code:
stock bool:GetClientAuthString_OldStyle(client, String:authStringDest[], strSize, bool:validate = true)
{    
    new accountID = GetSteamAccountID(client, validate);

if(accountID == 0)
        return false;

FormatEx(authStringDest, strSize, "STEAM_0:%i:%i", (accountID & 1), accountID >> 1);
    return true;
}
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 08-22-2014 , 03:41   Re: All Admin functions ceased working after today's update (8-21)
Reply With Quote #158

Quote:
i can confirm that admins_simple.ini does not work with the new steamid format in 1.6.0

i'd converted all my files/databases to use the new format already so i thought id have a go at editing the admin-flatfile plugin

... found a line that checks for STEAM_ at the begining... looks familiar... changed it to [U:1: ...

compiled... reloaded on server...

well uh.. that was simple... i fixed the admins stuffs! lolz my god im actually bloomin' amazed how easy that was!

plugins.zip contains source since it will not compile normally on the forums
Wait so I can just use this plugin with 1.7 snapshots and everything will work?

Jesus christ I don't have to downgrade the SourceMod on 4 servers now! (1 for me, 1 for ArchangelGabriel and 2 for AwesomeX)....wait, 5. I forgot about my Fistful of Frags server.
Spartan_C001
Old 08-22-2014 , 04:21   Re: All Admin functions ceased working after today's update (8-21)
Reply With Quote #159

I can confirm it works with admins_simple.ini and the new steamid format, all is working great even on my sniper server running 1.5.2

Edit: abrandnewday, this is for any snapshot of sourcemod that does not have the altered version of GetClientAuthString(), so 1.7 should work, howver i do have a windows copy of 1.6.2 release that does not include the changes. Im not sure if the releases now include thw changes, or if those will be left until the next release

Last edited by Spartan_C001; 08-22-2014 at 04:37.
eminemxw88
Old 08-22-2014 , 04:59   Re: All Admin functions ceased working after today's update (8-21)
Reply With Quote #160

the new id format
exp:
STEAM_0:1:12343200
to:
[U:1:24686401]

i mean double 0 to plus 1.
Send a message via MSN to eminemxw88