Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CS:GO/L4D1/L4D2] Weapon Charms (1.19) [24-Nov-2023]

Post New Thread Reply   

Daniel Alexandru
Old 07-05-2020 , 16:50   Re: [CS:GO/L4D1/L4D2] Weapon Charms (1.2) [04-Jul-2020]
Reply With Quote #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
I might have to add a delay between deleting and equipping a charm, hopefully that will resolve the random missing attachment or invisible arms. Blur I forgot how to enable or disable so cannot test, but don't think it's going to be possible to fix. Just another one of the many issues with this method of using a fake viewmodel.

Did you install the custom charm models? The plugin should fail to load if all charm models are missing. The generated viewmodels should be automatically transferred to clients. The only thing I can think is your client or server is not allowing the files to be sent. Did you read the install instructions? Maybe you're not sending the custom charms to clients:

Edit: updated Charms and Attachment API plugins.

Thank you,it worked.
But other problems came up.
Such as: If put a charm to any gun I will still have that gun in my hand if I change it to the knife/pistol/utilities. For example,If I put a charm to the AK-47 and then try to put the knife/pistol in my hand it will still show the AK-47.
And sometimes the guns just disappear from my hand.
I hope I was understandable,I don't know if the problem was because of me or not.
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 07-05-2020 , 17:22   Re: [CS:GO/L4D1/L4D2] Weapon Charms (1.3) [05-Jul-2020]
Reply With Quote #32

@Daniel Alexandru nice, thanks! Added test version that adds a 1 frame delay between deleting and attaching a new charm, hopefully this fixes weapons getting stuck in hand or going invisible.

@Alex101192 I added the precache cvar to this version also, thanks.

Edit: Test version pushed to main post.

Last edited by Silvers; 07-09-2020 at 14:11.
Alex101192
Old 07-06-2020 , 07:37   Re: [CS:GO/L4D1/L4D2] Weapon Charms (1.3) [05-Jul-2020]
Reply With Quote #33

Silver, there is something I am not sure about !charms command. When I set an attachment to a weapon using it, will everyone on the server have the same attachment on the weapon I chose? I ask because I set these commands to be flag A only so I was the only one in the server to be able to use it.

But I saw players that had the same exact attachments that I chose before on the shotgun.

Do admins get to choose everyone's attachments if they use the command?

Last edited by Alex101192; 07-06-2020 at 07:37.
Silvers
Old 07-06-2020 , 12:37   Re: [CS:GO/L4D1/L4D2] Weapon Charms (1.3) [05-Jul-2020]
Reply With Quote #34

The command allows each person to choose their own charm. You can set the "default" charm for each weapon in the /data/charms.data.game.cfg config (search for "default" to see how/where it's used), but that won't change the players default charm if they have already joined the server, you would have to wipe the database and let it generate again for each player that connects. Version 1.0 had "default" incorrectly set for all charms and weapons in the CSGO config but that's been fixed, so if you're using 1.0 config replace it with the newer one.
Old 07-08-2020 , 21:09   Re: [CS:GO/L4D1/L4D2] Weapon Charms (1.1) [02-Jul-2020]
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeddy_god View Post
Also, when you set charms on one weapon [example dual elites], all other weapons like knife / bizon etc turn into dual elites as well, with different holding animations.
https://prnt.sc/tavluv
https://prnt.sc/tavm00
There are two of us
with SM SKINCHOOSER (4.9) by Andi67 https://prnt.sc/tefb8p

Last edited by OcC; 07-08-2020 at 21:20.
Send a message via Yahoo to OcC
Alex101192
Old 07-09-2020 , 10:01   Re: [CS:GO/L4D1/L4D2] Weapon Charms (1.3) [05-Jul-2020]
Reply With Quote #36

Something weird happened while I was playing. The crowbar duplicated itself after changing from thirdperson to first person using a custom bind. I have never seen this happen before.

The reason why I think this could be a problem with charms, is because changing weapons fixes it, just like it happened for previous charms' issues.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crowbar.jpg (87.5 KB, 105 views)

Last edited by Alex101192; 07-09-2020 at 10:02.
Silvers
Old 07-09-2020 , 14:13   Re: [CS:GO/L4D1/L4D2] Weapon Charms (1.5) [09-Jul-2020]
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcC View Post
There are two of us
with SM SKINCHOOSER (4.9) by Andi67 https://prnt.sc/tefb8p
Does this still happen without SM Skinchooser? I'll install sometime and test. Maybe is some plugin conflict. I can't duplicate the problem as is so can't fix without being able to see the problem. Maybe you can explain some steps on how this happens?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex101192 View Post
Something weird happened while I was playing. The crowbar duplicated itself after changing from thirdperson to first person using a custom bind. I have never seen this happen before.
Thanks, fixed in latest update.

Last edited by Silvers; 07-09-2020 at 14:13.
Alex101192
Old 07-11-2020 , 08:52   Re: [CS:GO/L4D1/L4D2] Weapon Charms (1.5) [09-Jul-2020]
Reply With Quote #38

The thirdperson view appears while aiming with scope with snipers. It should be disabled while scoping if possible. The hunting rifle also becomes invisible on one side when looking down.

Now I don't know if this is intentional, but I can only see the charms I set myself. It doesn't work like hats where I can see everybody's different hats. I set charms for weapons and that's all I see. If there is a shotgun I will see my personal attachment on it, even if it's being used by another player.

Would be cooler if the charm I choose for my gun is only there when I am using the gun and when another player uses a gun with a charm he put, I see his charm instead of mine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scope.jpg (59.7 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg hunting_rifle_1.jpg (70.3 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg hunting_rifle_2.jpg (64.9 KB, 77 views)

Last edited by Alex101192; 07-11-2020 at 08:57.
Silvers
Old 07-11-2020 , 11:40   Re: [CS:GO/L4D1/L4D2] Weapon Charms (1.5) [09-Jul-2020]
Reply With Quote #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcC View Post
There are two of us
with SM SKINCHOOSER (4.9) by Andi67
Just tried with " Sm_Skinchooser" plugin.. Theres too much going on with this plugin that will cause conflicts, also for some reason it's blocking the WeaponSwitch detection so I'm not even going to bother trying to support this plugin, way too much work. Charms and SM Skinchooser will have to remain incompatible. If/when the real method for attaching charms is found then I can get rid of all the fake weapon/arms stuff and it will probably work with this plugin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex101192 View Post
The thirdperson view appears while aiming with scope with snipers. It should be disabled while scoping if possible. The hunting rifle also becomes invisible on one side when looking down.

Now I don't know if this is intentional, but I can only see the charms I set myself. It doesn't work like hats where I can see everybody's different hats. I set charms for weapons and that's all I see. If there is a shotgun I will see my personal attachment on it, even if it's being used by another player.

Would be cooler if the charm I choose for my gun is only there when I am using the gun and when another player uses a gun with a charm he put, I see his charm instead of mine.
Thanks, fixed.

I've tested with other players and can see them selecting different charms.

Code:
1.6 (11-Jul-2020)
    - Changed command "sm_charm" to allow using an optional arg to select the charm index.
    - Fixed L4D1 crash due to using the wrong dual pistol model.
    - Fixed L4D1 errors about event missing. Now hooks OnUse to hide charms when mounting a minigun.
    - Removes the charm when zooming down a scope. Thanks to "Alex101192" for reporting.
    - CSGO: The charm won't re-attach when shooting during scoped view, only when manually unscoping.
    - CSGO: Updated the C4 charm position in the "charms.data.csgo.cfg" config.
    - CSGO: Blocked plugin from running when "Sm_Skinchooser" plugin is detected.

Code:
1.7 (15-Jul-2020)
    - Added 4 natives for other plugins (support for L4D/2 "Extinguisher" plugin to create/remove charms).
    - Optimized bots using charms, no longer creating viewmodels or fake arms.
    - CSGO: Removed the charm when aiming down iron sights (Aug).
    - CSGO: Better replicating the players arms based on their current model.
    - CSGO: Blocked some silenced/modified weapons from using charms.
Been working on fixing CSGO arms, if anyone has any advice on how to better change them, or how to match the arms with current player model please let me know. Right now hard coding the player models to various arms. Some might be wrong, may eventually switch to a config so 3rd party player models could be added.

Not currently precaching the CSGO arm models, the game will stutter once on first spawn of new models as the client/server caches. Will eventually cache, hopefully doesn't cause any crash.

Last edited by Silvers; 07-14-2020 at 23:21.
Alex101192
Old 07-15-2020 , 16:58   Re: [CS:GO/L4D1/L4D2] Weapon Charms (1.7) [15-Jul-2020]
Reply With Quote #40

When climbing a ladder, the therdperson view remains. Shooting while on ladder plays the animation but no bullet is actually fired, and shooting makes you fall the ladder.

Possible conflicts with https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=305796.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ladder.jpg (69.7 KB, 78 views)

Last edited by Alex101192; 07-15-2020 at 17:00.