Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)

Post New Thread Reply   

Bobo_dude16
Old 02-21-2011 , 03:13   Re: Ultimate Mapchooser v2.2.3 (Updated 2/19/11)
Reply With Quote #311

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steell View Post
Code:
"umc_rotation"
{ <-- Remove this.
{
    "Attack & Defend"
    {        
        "maps_invote" "1"
        "next_mapgroup" "Payload"

"cp_dustbowl"
        {
            "weight"    "2"
        }

"cp_gravelpit" {}

"cp_steel" {}

"cp_egypt_final" {}

"cp_junction_final" {}

"cp_gorge"
        {
            "max_players"    "16"
        }
    }

"Payload"
    {
        "maps_invote"    "1"

"pl_goldrush"
        {
            "weight"    "2"
        }

"pl_badwater"
        {
            "weight"    "4"
        }

"pl_thundermountain" {}

"pl_upward" {}

"pl_hoodoo_final" {}
    }

"5-Point CP (Push)"
    {
        "maps_invote"         "1"
        "default_min_players" "2"
        "group_weight"        "2"

"cp_granary" {}

"cp_well"
        {
            "weight"    ".5"
            "min_players"     "12"
        }

"cp_coldfront" {}

"cp_yukon_final" {}

"cp_badlands" {}

"cp_fastlane" {}
    }

"Capture The Flag"
    {
        "ctf_2fort" {}

"ctf_well"
        {
            "min_time"    "1200"
            "max_time"   "2359"
        }

"ctf_turbine" {}

"ctf_sawmill" {}
    }

"Payload Race"
    {
        "default_min_time"    "0000"
        "default_max_time"    "1200"

"plr_pipeline"
        {}

"plr_hightower"
        {}
    }

"King of the Hill"
    {
        "command"  "mp_timelimit 0"

"koth_sawmill" {}

"koth_nucleus" {}

"koth_viaduct" {}
    }

"Zombie Fortress"
    {
	"min_time"    "0000"
	"max_time"    "1200"

"zf_assylum_b2"
	{}

"zf_fortress_v4"
	{}

"zf_tower_cp_a3"
	{}

"zf_labs_ext_a"
	{}
    }

"Prop Hunt"
    {
	"min_time"   "0000"
	"max_time"   "1200"

"ph_range_a3"
	{}

"ph_sawmill_a1"
	{}

"ph_timbertown_a3"
	{}

"ph_tundra_b5"
	{}
    }

"Other"
    {
	"command" "mp_timelimit 0"

"wacky_races_v2" {}

"tf2ware_test34" {}

"balloon_race_v3_t17" {}
    }
}
I tried that, and I am still getting the same error. Where exactly is the umc_mapcycle.txt folder supposed to go again?
Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 02-21-2011 , 03:20   Re: Ultimate Mapchooser v2.2.3 (Updated 2/19/11)
Reply With Quote #312

umc_mapcycle.txt by default should be placed in the root directory of your mod (same location as maplist.txt and mapcycle.txt). If you want to change this location, you must change the sm_umc_cyclefile cvar.
Mecha the Slag
Veteran Member
Old 02-21-2011 , 08:23   Re: Ultimate Mapchooser v2.2.3 (Updated 2/19/11)
Reply With Quote #313

Code:
L 02/21/2011 - 07:53:56: [SM] Native "KillTimer" reported: Invalid timer handle 1add0aeb (error 1)
L 02/21/2011 - 07:53:56: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "ultimate-mapchooser.smx":
L 02/21/2011 - 07:53:56: [SM]   [0]  Line 2244, E:\Sourcemod\sourcemod 1.3\addons\sourcemod\scripting\ultimate-mapchooser.sp::UpdateTimers()
L 02/21/2011 - 07:53:56: [SM]   [1]  Line 1349, E:\Sourcemod\sourcemod 1.3\addons\sourcemod\scripting\ultimate-mapchooser.sp::OnMapTimeLeftChanged()
Old 02-21-2011 , 16:50   Re: Ultimate Mapchooser v2.2.3 (Updated 2/19/11)
Reply With Quote #314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steell View Post
umc_mapcycle.txt by default should be placed in the root directory of your mod (same location as maplist.txt and mapcycle.txt). If you want to change this location, you must change the sm_umc_cyclefile cvar.
So if I wanted it to find the text I would write something like sm_umc_cyclefile C:\...\umc_mapcycle.txt ?
Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 02-21-2011 , 17:16   Re: Ultimate Mapchooser v2.2.3 (Updated 2/19/11)
Reply With Quote #315

The root directory of your mod would be the same folder as the one that contains the "addons", "cfg", "maps" etc. folders. For example, in TF2 this is the "tf" folder, for Counter-Strike this is the "cstrike" folder, and for HL2 it is the "hl2mp" folder. The sm_umc_cyclefile cvar takes a path relative to the root of the mod. So if your umc_mapcycle.txt was in the "addons" folder, then the proper setting would be sm_umc_cyclefile "addons\umc_mapcycle.txt"
Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 02-21-2011 , 17:26   Re: Ultimate Mapchooser v2.2.3 (Updated 2/19/11)
Reply With Quote #316

Version 2.2.4 Released.
If you're coming from v2.2 or higher, you only need to replace the .smx for this release.
  • Fixed bug with center message warnings.
  • Fixed bug with runoff votes being populated with the wrong maps.
  • Fixed bug with runoff votes not paying attention to the threshold cvar.
  • Fixed bug with end of map vote timer that caused errors when the timelimit was changed.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ultimate-mapchooser.zip (107.0 KB, 113 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (ultimate-mapchooser.sp - 130 views - 230.5 KB)

Last edited by Steell; 02-21-2011 at 18:08.
Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 02-22-2011 , 11:08   Re: Ultimate Mapchooser v2.2.4 (Updated 2/21/11)
Reply With Quote #317

Here's a question with regards to RTV: right now the plugin will auto-trigger RTV if when someone leaves the server, the number of people who have RTV'd is over the specified threshold percentage. It will even do this after an End of Map vote has been run. Does anyone not want this behavior? Note that it really only affects people with sm_umc_rtv_postvoteaction "0"
Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 02-22-2011 , 23:02   Re: Ultimate Mapchooser v2.2.4 (Updated 2/21/11)
Reply With Quote #318

Upcoming Features:
  • Ability to tier nomination list (useful for servers with lot of maps / groups)
  • Client-side translations for menus.
  • Prettier output
  • Votes won't just cancel if there's currently a vote in progress. Instead, the vote will occur when the current vote ends.
St00ne
Veteran Member
Old 02-23-2011 , 13:43   Re: Ultimate Mapchooser v2.2.4 (Updated 2/21/11)
Reply With Quote #319

Hi everyone,

Hi Stell, I'm using your plugin right now, the idea of weighting maps, and of considering the number of players is exactly what I needed.

But I have three main problems with your plugin:

1) The nominations system. I divided my maps into three groups, depending on the number of players (small maps = from 1 to 8 players, medium maps = 8-20 players, big maps = 20-40 players).
But if a small number of players, let's say 6, want to play on a big map, usually limited to at least 8 players for instance, they type "nominate", choose that map, but then it doesn't appear in mapvote (both map end vote and rtv).
The nominate function just doesn't work in this case.
It would be great if nominations system could ignore restrictions like the number of players.
(Note: in default sourcemod plugins, we can use 2 different files for the mapchooser and nominate function. So that players can nominate a map which usually never appears in vote, and thanks to that nomination, it does appear at map end vote... very useful, when players want to try new maps...)

2) The randomcycle: same problem. When there's no player on the server, there's no vote. And of course the randomcycle chooses a small map, due to player limit settings, and in the end the server is running only small maps until more players join. Small maps all night long... Adding a "do not consider player limits" to randomcycle would be cool.

3) Weighting maps to 0.
For a try, I weighted all small maps to 0, because it is said that maps or groups weighted to 0 would never be chosen randomly (was trying to fix issue mentioned above).
But it made the plugin bug in 2 cases:
First, a small map was still chosen by randomcycle as no vote were made, though it was weighted to 0.
Secondly, a strange vote appeared (see below):
There was 1 player on server (me, testing... lol).
I set small maps group weight to 0. Map end Vote appears, and what does it show? Only 2 lines, though for all my groups, maps_invote value was set to 5. Line 2 'Extend' (ok, fine), but line 1? just a comma... Because it wanted to choose a small map due to player limit restrictions, but could not choose any due to weight = 0. I admit my settings were bad, but I think that if maps supposed to be chosen are weighted to 0, plugin should pick up another group of maps, instead of a bug. When I voted for the "comma" map, it switched to italy... strange, indeed.

I'm sorry if I sound a bit rude; my teammates and I like your plugin a lot, but we also hope there will be a few improvement later on.
For now, I use your mapchooser, but I'm still using default randomcycle, nominate, and rtv plugins, provided with sourcemod.
Btw, I have to check if default nominate plugin can add a nominated map to umc mapvote.

Thanks for that huge work anyway, bye!

St00ne.

Last edited by St00ne; 02-23-2011 at 18:39.
MjrNuT
SourceMod Donor
Old 02-23-2011 , 14:02   Re: Ultimate Mapchooser v2.2.4 (Updated 2/21/11)
Reply With Quote #320

Quote:
Originally Posted by St00ne View Post
For now, I use your mapchooser, but I'm still using default randomcycle, nominate, and rtv plugins, provided with sourcemod.
Btw, I have to heck if default nominate plugin can add a nominated map to umc mapvote.

Thanks for that huge work anyway, bye!

St00ne.

Quoting from the OP.

Quote:
Note: If you are planning on using the Nomination, Random Next Map, End of Map Vote, or RTV features of this plugin, it is recommended that you have nominations.smx, randomcycle.smx, mapchooser.smx, and rockthevote.smx respectively disabled.

Is my interpretation correct that really none of the SM core map management plugins should be used?

I saw the earlier posts by twistedpanda about them.

Can you use SM Core Map Management Plugins with UMC? I guess you can given the enable/disable of UMC map management portions.

Clarity is good.