Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

MOTDgd Advertisements (3.0.2 2020/01/04) ** Added 'rewards' (works with CSGO) **

Post New Thread Reply   

Happy DODs player
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-29-2013 , 10:59   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.04 - 28/06/13)
Reply With Quote #21

thanks gone upload this one soon on my gameservers
Old 06-29-2013 , 17:51   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.04 - 28/06/13)
Reply With Quote #22

Remove the Cat and Dog piss ad players find it offensive.
Ixel
Old 06-29-2013 , 18:38   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.04 - 28/06/13)
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rd1981 View Post
Remove the Cat and Dog piss ad players find it offensive.
Can you take a screenshot next time you see the specific ad? Send that to me and I'll happily pass it on to my advertising partner for removal from the inventory. Even if I describe the ad as you described it here, they still require a screenshot of the advert apparently.
lyric
Veteran Member
Old 06-29-2013 , 19:03   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.04 - 28/06/13)
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixel View Post
Can you take a screenshot next time you see the specific ad? Send that to me and I'll happily pass it on to my advertising partner for removal from the inventory. Even if I describe the ad as you described it here, they still require a screenshot of the advert apparently.
the only obnoxious ad i can think of that talkes about the dog and cat piss are those idiotic TRUTH ads
Old 06-29-2013 , 19:27   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.04 - 28/06/13)
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyric View Post
the only obnoxious ad i can think of that talkes about the dog and cat piss are those idiotic TRUTH ads
yep that is it and there isn't nothing offensive about it, I found them rather funny but pinion is pushing them a bunch here lately. They will fade out but I'm watching this plugin closely to see how well it works and if bugs are worked out in a timely manner.

I guess my question is payout - lets say you get the ad starting to play for 10,000 players but only about 30% even finish the ad considering its 15seconds long. How much would that pay out and are you allowing a way to configure only certain ads be played out to your account as in I would restrict to only 15 second ads playing even if there is not a timer vs 30 seconds to at least attempt a full complete view of the ad.
Ixel
Old 06-29-2013 , 19:57   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.04 - 28/06/13)
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsedick View Post
yep that is it and there isn't nothing offensive about it, I found them rather funny but pinion is pushing them a bunch here lately. They will fade out but I'm watching this plugin closely to see how well it works and if bugs are worked out in a timely manner.

I guess my question is payout - lets say you get the ad starting to play for 10,000 players but only about 30% even finish the ad considering its 15seconds long. How much would that pay out and are you allowing a way to configure only certain ads be played out to your account as in I would restrict to only 15 second ads playing even if there is not a timer vs 30 seconds to at least attempt a full complete view of the ad.
An interesting idea about restricting ads to a maximum play time, however I don't think the ad partner has such an option available, I will ask. Additionally, in the current way it's setup, the forced timer is optional and if a player closes the MOTD before the ad has finished then the ad will, or should continue playing audio until it has finished, at which point the paid impression counts. One point I need to confirm with the ad partner is whether they pay for a partial view or a completed view, or a mix of both depending on what advertising network they use serves the advert at the time.

Overall, from what I've heard so far, communities on the most part are, or completely, happy with MOTDgd at present. To date, it's so far served over 40,000 paid impressions with an average fill rate of over 91%. A benefit of MOTDgd is that the rates are competitive for UK, USA, Australia, Canada and Germany, while other countries get a reasonable rate the best advantage is that the fill rate is supposed to be near 100% worldwide thanks to the ad partner currently being used.

MOTDgd is now supporting Garry's Mod servers too, with its own LUA addon.

Last edited by Ixel; 06-29-2013 at 20:01.
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-29-2013 , 20:34   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.04 - 28/06/13)
Reply With Quote #27

ok I'd like to hear from a few of those that use it on what they are making from it.
nomy
Old 06-29-2013 , 23:44   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.04 - 28/06/13)
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsedick View Post
ok I'd like to hear from a few of those that use it on what they are making from it.

Rates are better than pinion. No forced ads. Clear winner. Hope it stays like this and not like pinion who kept changing their terms and prices.
Rd1981
Old 06-30-2013 , 05:23   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.04 - 28/06/13)
Reply With Quote #29

Couldnt tell you for the month so far $8 just started
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-30-2013 , 20:23   Re: MOTDgd Advertisements (1.04 - 28/06/13)
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomy View Post
Rates are better than pinion. No forced ads. Clear winner. Hope it stays like this and not like pinion who kept changing their terms and prices.
explain the rates? Amount in last month from X=amount of servers?