Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Verygames?

Post New Thread Reply   

asdfxD
Veteran Member
Old 09-27-2018 , 12:29   Verygames?
Reply With Quote #1

anyone using verygames single gameserver? 5 GHz and OVH game ddos protection, someone has a server there or has experience with verygames?
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 09-27-2018 , 20:15   Re: Verygames?
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfxD View Post
anyone using verygames single gameserver? 5 GHz and OVH game ddos protection, someone has a server there or has experience with verygames?
No experience with VeryGames, however, as they are using "OVH's DDoS" protection, it literally means that they are using OVH:

While OVH may work well for you, OVH is still very known out there, for close to zero support, and if VeryGames have issues with the delivery of products from OVH, since you're going through a "middle man" (being VeryGames), the journey to getting things solved is often going to be a disaster.

I wouldn't ever recommending going over middlemen like that. Having the direct communication towards the real provider is a better option, and leaves you with a shorter journey to getting things resolved (assuming the issues are on your provider's end).

Going directly though, would usually mean that you have to do everything yourself (e.g. setting up the server from scratch), using VeryGames will most likely give you a fancy panel you can administer your server from. You're looking to do everything yourself (without a such webpanel) if you go the direct way with a "dedicated server"...

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
Kriax
Old 09-28-2018 , 05:56   Re: Verygames?
Reply With Quote #3

Hello,
VeryGames has servers at OVH .
These servers are protected by the anti ddos present on the Games dedicated (MC-32, MC-64, ...).

These machines allow to offer a good power for any location.

The support is responsive and a Discord is open for the community that needs help or needs to ask questions.

Verygames has already had problems, on the Hardwares side but ovh reacted quickly.
If your server is down because of a problem with ovh, Verygames will be able to migrate it to another machine.

You have commercial gestures if a problem is not solved within a "normal" time.

With GSPs, you do not need to configure a dedicated server.
You can use JsiToDedi for a Didicated Panel, but for this panel work, JsiToDedi need to install Linux with his configuration, and, when you want leave, you need reinstall you'r dedicated server :/ it's not a gold solution.
You can locate a Didicated server at OVH, but ovh don't help you if you need help with config :/
Verygames it's the better solution if you bot want config a dedicated server.

It's like Netflix, you try a month and you stay there.

If you want, there are customer reviews in discord and forum, positive and negative.

I have been at Verygames for 7 years, for any personnal projets.
And i have been at OVH for 3 years for my community.

Hum, my english is really shit, sorry.

Last edited by Kriax; 09-28-2018 at 06:14.
DeteCT0R
Old 09-28-2018 , 10:21   Re: Verygames?
Reply With Quote #4

I think better if you control everything like dedicated machine you can install what u need. (Webserver / fastdl / teamspeak etc.)

Opengamepanel is great panel for controling server but if you prefer simple control you can install LinuxGSM and you can control server from terminal and not from web.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-29-2018 , 04:44   Re: Verygames?
Reply With Quote #5

Verygames use OVH network which is great cause it comes pair with their special game protection.

This said, on any issue you will need to use support. As they mostly host people "not use to server administration", I guess they have many ticket. So, real urgent ticket are solved slower than it could have been handled. I mean, issues that are on their side.

Anyway, if you are not use to unix or server administration it's still definitly a good chose. You could use any gameserver provider that use OVH game server as backend. Theese ones are the best performance/network dedicated server I ever used.
marius892000
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-19-2018 , 17:28   Re: Verygames?
Reply With Quote #6

I don't recommend them as the support is very slow, it takes about 3-4 days to answer, my server was lagging as hell with verygames, i have moved now to vilayer and i'm really happy with them
Old 10-20-2018 , 07:09   Re: Verygames?
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by marius892000 View Post
I don't recommend them as the support is very slow, it takes about 3-4 days to answer, my server was lagging as hell with verygames, i have moved now to vilayer and i'm really happy with them
and which tick you running and how many slots? sv, var?
marius892000
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-20-2018 , 14:12   Re: Verygames?
Reply With Quote #8

64 players 64 tick, sv,var was red over 20 sometimes with only 40 players in game at verygames, i have choosed overclocked system too so it supose to be hosted on 5ghz CPU, the same addons was running on NFO with 50 players without problems on a 4.2GHZ CPU...now i have the server hosted at Vilayer on a 5 ghz CPU no problems at all 64 players in game 0 lag sv var on white 99%

Last edited by marius892000; 10-20-2018 at 14:14.
asdfxD
Veteran Member
Old 10-22-2018 , 09:06   Re: Verygames?
Reply With Quote #9

Vilayer use Windows and var is 0.300 - 0.400 ... is this normal for Windows?
marius892000
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-24-2018 , 07:06   Re: Verygames?
Reply With Quote #10

There is no difference between 0.0x or 0.x values as long as it doesn't go over 1 is fine