Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Tankbuster 2 - Spawn Weapon packs and all weapons, ammo, health items

Post New Thread Reply   

Darksoul71
Old 01-31-2011 , 16:00   Re: [L4D2] Tankbuster 2 - Spawn Weapon packs and all weapons, ammo, health items
Reply With Quote #51

Hi there,

I really like tankbuster a lot. Even though I mostly play in SP this mod made me spent a few more hours playing L4D2

One thing is strange though:
When I use nagypocaks version I can launch the tankbuster menu from my chat menu with !tankbuster without problems but when I try to assign a key to it in the console nothing happens if I press the key. Even typing "tankbuster" (without quotes) in the console while gaming doesn´t open the menu. From my understanding the syntax is right.
Does anyone have an idea what goes wrong ?

Just a short questions (hopefuilly mod newbies will not be shoot here):
Is there a simple approach to make a custom menu for tankbuster (e.g. explosive ammo plus SPAS12 plus molotov on one page) ?
I would prefer to have my favourite items together on one menu page rather than flipping through 5 pages.

From what I have seen in the source code I could do this by re-aranging the sequence of "AddMenuItem" but I guess this would mean to re-arange the items in the "switch (itemNum)"-section as well, right ?

Sorry for asking such a dumb questions but my scripting times were a long time ago (QuakeC ).

TIA,
D$
nagypocak
Old 02-01-2011 , 04:03   Re: [L4D2] Tankbuster 2 - Spawn Weapon packs and all weapons, ammo, health items
Reply With Quote #52

@Darksoul71

the correct syntax for the bind command is (simplified) : bind <key> "command" , so in this case if you want to bind the tankbuster command to the key e.g. <F4> - bind F4 "say !tankbuster". in console you have to type the sm_ prefix before the command -> sm_tankbuster

and yes for your second question - if you want to change the sequence you have to re-arrange everything (mind you, its a real pain in the @.. ;) )

***edit***
oops I made an error sorry the correct syntax is : bind <key> "say !tankbuster" - you have to use the "say" command

Last edited by nagypocak; 02-03-2011 at 07:05. Reason: syntax
nagypocak
Old 02-01-2011 , 06:30   Re: [L4D2] Tankbuster 2 - Spawn Weapon packs and all weapons, ammo, health items
Reply With Quote #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane8472 View Post
I edited this plugin down to the basics. Everything works except getting the item. I added a test chat message, it shows, but the give command wont give the item. The cheat flag is stripped (but it doesnt act like it is). What is the problem?

-edit-
Is there any other plugins or configurations that mess up stripping cheat flags? This and build enabled wont work.
hmmm, it might help if would share the code!
Darksoul71
Old 02-02-2011 , 14:51   Re: [L4D2] Tankbuster 2 - Spawn Weapon packs and all weapons, ammo, health items
Reply With Quote #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagypocak View Post
the correct syntax for the bind command is (simplified) : bind <key> "command" , so in this case if you want to bind the tankbuster command to the key e.g. <F4> - bind F4 "!tankbuster". in console you have to type the sm_ prefix before the command -> sm_tankbuster
Thanks for your reply but the sm_ prefix doesn´t seem to help. I am well able to assign tankbuster for example to key u by doing
bind u tankbuster

Unfortunately sm_tankbuster or sm_goods (the other alias) gives me no menu and an error "unknown command". Using tankbuster or goods as commands in the console gives no error but also draws no menu...

Calling !goods or !tankbuster in the chat box though draws the tankbuster menu. To my limited understanding the ! is only required as prefix in the chat box. !tankbuster in console gives an error "unknown command".

What is wrong here ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagypocak View Post
and yes for your second question - if you want to change the sequence you have to re-arrange everything (mind you, its a real pain in the @.. ;) )
So the answer is more no...

There is no simply approach beside changing the sequence plus all quotas.
aluth09
Old 02-10-2011 , 14:21   Re: [L4D2] Tankbuster 2 - Spawn Weapon packs and all weapons, ammo, health items
Reply With Quote #55

Anyone care to walk someone through setting up this mod? pretty new to modding L4D servers so I could use some help!
Darksoul71
Old 02-10-2011 , 18:09   Re: [L4D2] Tankbuster 2 - Spawn Weapon packs and all weapons, ammo, health items
Reply With Quote #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by aluth09 View Post
Anyone care to walk someone through setting up this mod? pretty new to modding L4D servers so I could use some help!
You know...in life a little please and thanks sometimes helps

All plugins here rely on a plugin system (google for sourcemod and metamod). There are nice howtows on youtube like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TonfHUXQO-8

The plugins themself are installed by simply copying the file itself in the right folder.
Tiddlyfisher
Old 02-11-2011 , 19:05   Re: [L4D2] Tankbuster 2 - Spawn Weapon packs and all weapons, ammo, health items
Reply With Quote #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksoul71 View Post
You know...in life a little please and thanks sometimes helps

All plugins here rely on a plugin system (google for sourcemod and metamod). There are nice howtows on youtube like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TonfHUXQO-8

The plugins themself are installed by simply copying the file itself in the right folder.
OMG. THANK YOU! I posted a comment asking how to do this without looking first, then I look up and see EXACTLY what I'm looking for. You're so Tiddlyfish!
aluth09
Old 02-11-2011 , 21:14   Re: [L4D2] Tankbuster 2 - Spawn Weapon packs and all weapons, ammo, health items
Reply With Quote #58

sorry, meant to say "Please" and "Thank You" just was in a hurry!
ShanXin
Old 02-20-2011 , 21:26   Re: [L4D2] Tankbuster 2 - Spawn Weapon packs and all weapons, ammo, health items
Reply With Quote #59

Can somebody tell me how to make this so only admins can use the plugin?
T_Virus
Old 04-30-2011 , 08:04   Re: [L4D2] Tankbuster 2 - Spawn Weapon packs and all weapons, ammo, health items
Reply With Quote #60

H guys, need a little help here. Recently about the past 2 weeks tankbuster stopped working for players. Tankbuster works for z admins only. Other admins without z flag cannot spawn weapons. This is what happens when any player types in !goods the tankbuster menu opens for all but when you press say number 5 the the key pressing beeps like it normally does but othing spawns unless have z flag. I have checked error log nothing there. I checked another log commands i guess shows item was spawned hmm "strange". I have dl a new smx and sp file and installed no change. Then i thoug maybe a problen with hooks so i updated sdk hooks no change still not working. I did dl weapons unlock and installed again thing file corrupted still not working. Has anyone else run into this problem? if so can you help me fix this?
Thank You