Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Automatic Steam Update

Post New Thread Reply   

FreakinScout
Old 10-16-2015 , 01:21   Re: [TF2] Automatic Steam Update
Reply With Quote #331

I'm not sure if it's happening for anyone else, but today's TF2 update screwed with this plugin, at least on my end. Neither of my two servers were able to stay up, though as soon as I disabled this plugin they were back up and running again. I'm not sure if I have something out-of-date or some other dumb thing, but I thought I should say something here anyway just in case.
Sillium
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-16-2015 , 02:41   Re: [TF2] Automatic Steam Update
Reply With Quote #332

Still running fine on our server.

www.unterwasserpyromanen.de
adma
Old 10-29-2015 , 01:42   Re: [TF2] Automatic Steam Update
Reply With Quote #333

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakinScout View Post
I'm not sure if it's happening for anyone else, but today's TF2 update screwed with this plugin, at least on my end. Neither of my two servers were able to stay up, though as soon as I disabled this plugin they were back up and running again. I'm not sure if I have something out-of-date or some other dumb thing, but I thought I should say something here anyway just in case.
I am having the exact same problem -

I reinstalled the plugin and made sure to include -autoupdate in the command line (and yes, I run Linux)

When I try to start up the server it says its running on my game panel, but says it is (pid 0).

No error logs were produced in tf/addons/sourcemod/logs nor tf/logs

Edit:
just realised i probably have to ask my host to put in the -autoupdate in the command line, not in the command line accessible via game panel

Last edited by adma; 10-31-2015 at 02:44.
cheddar
Old 08-02-2018 , 21:03   Re: [TF2] Automatic Steam Update
Reply With Quote #334

So I may be the only person in the entire interwebs having this issue but this plugin is not triggering a restart when tf2 receives an update anymore.

I'm running Debian 6 (I know its old this may be an issue)
I'm running SM version 1.8.0.6041
I'm running MM version 1.10.6
Steamtools is version 0.10.0+54fdc51 (it's not throwing errors)

Today I tried to join my server and my client through the "Server is running older version of.........." error
I checked and auto_steam_update was running (v1.9.1A)

I connected via ssh to my console and ran the "quit" command forcing the server to restart when I did it saw there was an update and downloaded it.

Back on my client I retried connecting and was successful this time.

I am unsure why this plugin has failed on my server. I am trying the version of this plugin that relies on SteamWorks. Here -> https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2238058

Update: It seems the one relying on Steamworks is working fine... Not sure what went wrong... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by cheddar; 08-15-2018 at 18:00.
Coin0p
Old 10-15-2020 , 14:34   Re: [TF2] Automatic Steam Update
Reply With Quote #335

I'm having the same issue where the map is not restarting with this plugin for the update. I first noticed it on 10/09/2020 then again today 10/15/2020. Anyone else having issues?
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 10-15-2020 , 15:09   Re: [TF2] Automatic Steam Update
Reply With Quote #336

The 10/09/2020 TF2 update broke SteamTools, the cause was found today and I hope to update it this weekend if I have time.
Old 11-06-2020 , 22:16   Re: [TF2] Automatic Steam Update
Reply With Quote #337

Hi asherkin, any word on the SteamTools update in regards to this plugin? Thanks for all the years of support!