Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D] Add more common infected?

Post New Thread Reply   

EndersRebuke
Old 07-03-2009 , 14:04   [L4D] Add more common infected?
Reply With Quote #1

I just added the upgrade mod to my server, so now the survivors are a bit overpowered. Some do double damage, some set things on fire with 1 shot, others can pick themselves up off ledges and all kinds of other things at random. upgrade mod found here http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=95365

So I was trying to increase the number of infected on the map, I tried using the cvars listed below with different values but there still seems to be empty spots without any zombies.

sm_cvar z_common_limit tried 100 to 2000
sm_cvar z_mob_spawn_min_size tried 45 to 85
sm_cvar z_mob_spawn_max_size tried 85 to 185
sm_cvar z_mob_spawn_min_interval_hard tried 20 to 60
sm_cvar z_mob_spawn_max_interval_hard tried 40 to 80
sm_cvar z_mob_spawn_finale_size tried 40 to 200
sm_cvar z_mega_mob_size tried 50 to 200
sm_cvar z_mega_mob_spawn_min_interval tried 20 to 60
sm_cvar z_mega_mob_spawn_max_interval tried 40 to 80
Cvars found here https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=86035

With these added to my server config I still have empty spots with no infected. With the higher values like 2000 it seemed to have a lot more infected but the problem with that was if some one got boomed or a random horde came.... the server kinda skipped - skipped - skipped - crash.

So is there a better Cvar to use to increase the amount of infected on the map, or is there a mod i missed that would fill everything in for me?
Mnkras
Old 07-07-2009 , 08:41   Re: [L4D] Add more common infected?
Reply With Quote #2

i belive you would need a plugin for that which tells the director to spawn extra infected like when they get to a certain point
Old 07-07-2009 , 10:29   Re: [L4D] Add more common infected?
Reply With Quote #3

I would tweak one setting at a time and get it working. It just sounds like you're overloading your server\clients with all the data it needs to send.
olj
Veteran Member
Old 07-08-2009 , 07:43   Re: [L4D] Add more common infected?
Reply With Quote #4

Try z_mob_population_density and z_wandering_density (0.0064 = 4 per 1x1 nav area). It controlls how many common zombies we have per square inch. Also include z_background_limit (how many zombies on background) in your config. With common_limit this should make more zombies overall, but again, after boomer's puke all zombies from near areas will run to vomited survivor, leaving these areas wout zombies. "Mob" cvars refers to how many zombies we got during different horde attacks and panic events, i believe it has nothing to do with overall population on map, but you can increase these for more difficult challenge. Play around with these settings. Also try to alter z_acquire_*** cvars, you can force commons to notice survivors from greater distance and react faster. Also 2000 common_limit is too high value. Try 80 to 150 or 200 together with cvars above.

Last edited by olj; 07-08-2009 at 08:00.