Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Dropbox changed their system(FastDL no longer works)

Post New Thread Reply   

YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 01-15-2013 , 19:59   Re: Dropbox changed their system(FastDL no longer works)
Reply With Quote #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban_ninja View Post
Guilty. ToS are often long winded(tl;dr). I wonder how many actually read them vs how many don't. If you are desperate for FastDL but lack the funds for it, do you really even have a choice in agreeing to the ToS even though you don't actually agree with it? Alls you can do is sign up, exploite its holes and hope for the best. Its a gamble how long it will last if you have a tight budget.
I'm guilty of not reading every ToS in its entirety myself, but when it comes to hosting, I do look for the AUP section and a few other parts. If what I want is against any of the parts I have read, I simply move on to a different host. I have passed up many hosts because of certain things they had listed in their AUP alone. Myself, I am much more willing to pay for a service than get it for free as there is less of a chance I will be getting "short changed"

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 01-15-2013 , 20:30   Re: Dropbox changed their system(FastDL no longer works)
Reply With Quote #42

Quote:
Its always been public. Problem stems from the url is formated differently that causes FastDL not to work. One specific part of the url changes depending on which file you try to download serving like a unique file id within the url so the url is inconsistent so it can't be recognized by the game. There used to be only 1 string of random characters serving as a unique account id. But after clicking that get link button it regenerated a replacement url adding an extra set of random characters that varies from file to file.
The new public Share URLs are not the same as the old Public Folder URLs, you can enable the latter with that link and it'll work fine with FastDL.
Old 01-16-2013 , 04:21   Re: Dropbox changed their system(FastDL no longer works)
Reply With Quote #43

Hey guys, My download links (Dropbox links) is still working. I dont think so that Fast DL is not working.
urban_ninja
Old 01-16-2013 , 10:25   Re: Dropbox changed their system(FastDL no longer works)
Reply With Quote #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
The new public Share URLs are not the same as the old Public Folder URLs, you can enable the latter with that link and it'll work fine with FastDL.
Thanks man. Great help. FastDL through dropbox is working again. Where did you find that link anyway?

I'm stilling going to be using the new host for now and see how it goes as its faster than dropbox. No interval between files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
No. Get some morals.
I know. I'm such rotten person lol.

Oh. Some morals. I got some morals. Just not those ones.

I want to pay for a service so I don't have the hassle of just making due. I just don't have the proper cash flow to make monthly payments. What money I do get has to go towards other stuff and theres hardly anything left for more monthly payments. Im not going to settle for no FastDL if I don't have the extra cash for it. If I had the money throw at more paid hosting I wouldn't be stuck with a puny 10 players slot game server like I have for the past 4 years. You actually think I want this?
Old 01-16-2013 , 16:21   Re: Dropbox changed their system(FastDL no longer works)
Reply With Quote #45

Quote:
I want to pay for a service so I don't have the hassle of just making due. I just don't have the proper cash flow to make monthly payments. What money I do get has to go towards other stuff and theres hardly anything left for more monthly payments. Im not going to settle for no FastDL if I don't have the extra cash for it. If I had the money throw at more paid hosting I wouldn't be stuck with a puny 10 players slot game server like I have for the past 4 years. You actually think I want this?
Tip: Try find some cheap vps from ur country. I'm paying 50e/3 month for my vps and I can run easily 3-4 hlds server, ts3 server, apache etc If you move ur hlds servers to vps you can also set "automatic" fastdl with apache
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-20-2013 , 06:06   Re: Dropbox changed their system(FastDL no longer works)
Reply With Quote #46

inb4 this costs too much money, don't bother.

NFO servers come with free FastDL servers if you pay for a server manually and if you purchase a VPS or a box, you can pick up a web-server cheap as well.

...again inb4 TOO MUCH MONEY!
vikassharma
BANNED
Old 03-01-2013 , 21:55   Re: Dropbox changed their system(FastDL no longer works)
Reply With Quote #47

Still working for me
Voltron
Old 08-28-2013 , 23:50   Re: Dropbox changed their system(FastDL no longer works)
Reply With Quote #48

Ok, dropbox isn't working for me anymore.