3% 

[L4D2] Gifts Drop & Spawn

Post New Thread Reply   

Aceleracion
Old 11-15-2017 , 22:09   Re: [L4D2] Gifts Drop & Spawn
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksfishin View Post
[l4d2_gifts.smx] Databases.cfg missing 'l4dstats' entry!
L 11/15/2017 - 20:06:14: [l4d2_gifts.smx] Connecting to database failed. Read error log for further details.
L 11/15/2017 - 20:06:14: [l4d2_gifts.smx] [GIFTS] Not database found. Points is disabled
L 11/15/2017 - 20:06:15: Error log file session closed.

I put all inc files in include folder. smx in plugin folder. change sp drag to spcomp but nothing happens. does not produce a smx.Thanks
I see that they do not like that error comes out of the database and I understand it. So I updated the plugin by adding a definition "USE_DATABASE" for those who want to use the database and if they do not want to, set the value to false and compile again. Default is true.

Check in your "compiled" folder to the best you can find there. I have reviewed and it has not given me problems compiling it several times.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d2_gifts.sp - 224 views - 29.9 KB)
File Type: smx l4d2_gifts.smx (34.3 KB, 184 views)

Last edited by Aceleracion; 11-15-2017 at 22:15.
ricksfishin
Old 11-15-2017 , 23:00   Re: [L4D2] Gifts Drop & Spawn
Reply With Quote #22

No luck on getting it to compile. Do not know why. maybe 1 of my admins can figure out why it wont compile. Only thing not set up is the database. Everything else is in right folders. Thanks for reply and new plugin.
Farmoza
Old 11-16-2017 , 07:13   Re: [L4D2] Gifts Drop & Spawn
Reply With Quote #23

How and where to register in the database of statistics ?
Aceleracion
Old 11-16-2017 , 12:32   Re: [L4D2] Gifts Drop & Spawn
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmoza View Post
How and where to register in the database of statistics ?
You can use the database of this plugin or similar: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=115965
Farmoza
Old 11-16-2017 , 19:36   Re: [L4D2] Gifts Drop & Spawn
Reply With Quote #25

I have a statistics database HLstatsXCommunityEdition how do I join this plugin where to write help please
tigocesar
Old 11-16-2017 , 20:23   Re: [L4D2] Gifts Drop & Spawn
Reply With Quote #26

Your plugin is awesome. I did a test and added a few more items and it worked. Is it possible to spawn a special infected instead of an item? If so, can you tell me what names I have to use? I want to give a bad gift to the players too: P

Q: If I want to add the incendiary / explosive package, do I have to use upgradepack_explosive / incendiary or is there another name for these items?
hoanganh81097
Old 11-16-2017 , 23:52   Re: [L4D2] Gifts Drop & Spawn
Reply With Quote #27

Can you create the opportunity to be get a medkit or die instantly when pick gift? (maybe 50 percent) i think its a bad or luck
(sorry my bad English)

Last edited by hoanganh81097; 11-16-2017 at 23:53.
Aceleracion
Old 11-16-2017 , 23:59   Re: [L4D2] Gifts Drop & Spawn
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigocesar View Post
Your plugin is awesome. I did a test and added a few more items and it worked. Is it possible to spawn a special infected instead of an item? If so, can you tell me what names I have to use? I want to give a bad gift to the players too: P

Q: If I want to add the incendiary / explosive package, do I have to use upgradepack_explosive / incendiary or is there another name for these items?
The names of the weapons are used as they are used when spaaming weapons by the "give" command

If you want explosive boxes use weapon_upgradepack_explosive or simply upgradepack_explosive
If you want incendiary boxes use weapon_upgradepack_incendiary or simply upgradepack_incendiary

Now the plugin only gives weapons, then I could implement that although in the cooperative servers it is not pleasant. But you can add a probability of infected spawn cvar or better another type of gift, and instead of the GiveWeapon function it could be SpawnInfected (client, String: infected).

It's a good idea and it could be in an update that works in game mode versus.

Greetings.

Last edited by Aceleracion; 11-17-2017 at 02:29.
Aceleracion
Old 11-17-2017 , 00:04   Re: [L4D2] Gifts Drop & Spawn
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmoza View Post
I have a statistics database HLstatsXCommunityEdition how do I join this plugin where to write help please
Change the value of DATABASE_CONFIG to the configuration you have for your statistics in databases.cfg

The plugin reads the "players" table to insert the points. You should have a table called "players" in your statistics.

I'm updating the plugin to make it more understandable and create that table if it does not exist.

Greetings.
Aceleracion
Old 11-17-2017 , 00:07   Re: [L4D2] Gifts Drop & Spawn
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoanganh81097 View Post
Can you create the opportunity to be get a medkit or die instantly when pick gift? (maybe 50 percent) i think its a bad or luck
(sorry my bad English)
It is a good idea, it may be, but it is not liked by the current cooperative servers. For the moment I will add the kit to the list of weapons that are given when a special gift is collected. I have ideas that I want to implement in the future.

Greetings.