3% 

[ANY] ASteambot - Arkarr's Steam bot

Post New Thread Reply   

Arkarr
Veteran Member
Old 10-12-2015 , 17:11   Re: [ANY] Steambot
Reply With Quote #11

@Robin955
And if you look closely, you can see that SteamTrade.dll (the official Steam library) is making your antivirus crazy. Yeah, I had the same problem too. I just feel sad that you guys, can't search a bit more, and find out, that, Steam library, actually, aren't filtred correctly by antiviruses.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamBot/co...dedll_missing/

Last edited by Arkarr; 10-12-2015 at 17:22.
Robin955
Veteran Member
Old 10-12-2015 , 17:43   Re: [ANY] Steambot
Reply With Quote #12

yeah just like the virus name it says is coming from that dll
trojan msil/toauta!rfn
why dont you google that trojan real quick?
Pelipoika
Veteran Member
Old 10-12-2015 , 17:54   Re: [ANY] Steambot
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin955 View Post
trojan msil/toauta!rfn
Recently a lot of AntiViruses started blocking SteamTrade.dll, because of SteamStealer and other bullshit.

But you know, nobody is forcing you to use this plugin either

Last edited by Pelipoika; 10-12-2015 at 17:54.
Robin955
Veteran Member
Old 10-12-2015 , 17:56   Re: [ANY] Steambot
Reply With Quote #14

so ur saying microsoft security essentials would say its trojan:msil/toauta!rfn when its actually not?
i think clever ppl knows the answer to that question.

Last edited by Robin955; 10-12-2015 at 17:57.
Pelipoika
Veteran Member
Old 10-12-2015 , 18:00   Re: [ANY] Steambot
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
so ur saying microsoft security essentials would say its trojan:msil/toauta!rfn when its actually not?
i think clever ppl knows the answer to that question.
Ever heard of false positives?
Old 10-12-2015 , 18:02   Re: [ANY] Steambot
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
trojan msil/toauta!rfn
Why would I google that ? There is no viruses at all. Just your antivirus who is wrong, he is just doing a mistake in that case. He could also say another virus name, and then what ? Should I google it ? Of course not, not in that case. We are just tryjng to figure out WHY your antivirus is saying shit, and that's explained in the reddit thread I poste above. But since your a stuck at your idea and for you there is no other way then me trying to fool you and let you download crap. I can't help you anymore. Sory. I tried, really. Now, please, the case is closed. If you don't want to use it, don't alos don't reply back if it concern this fake virus detection.
Old 10-12-2015 , 18:05   Re: [ANY] Steambot
Reply With Quote #17

ok so if i try my second antivirus that has nothing to do with microsoft it will say something else then? cause i really hope so. but its no point arguing here.
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 10-12-2015 , 18:32   Re: [ANY] Steambot
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Yes. It's called a false positive, and happens fairly often. A while back, there was even a Sourcemod snapshot affected by this.
Old 10-12-2015 , 18:38   Re: [ANY] Steambot
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
ok so if i try my second antivirus that has nothing to do with microsoft it will say something else then? cause i really hope so. but its no point arguing here.
Don't know why you're still arguing your point when you've been proven wrong many times already.

It's called a false positive and it happens frequently. Also Microsoft Security Essentials is complete shit. Try Avira (free). All antiviruses and antimalwares that have been updated will most likely say SteamTrade.dll is a trojan when it's not. These Steam bots have been around for ages and did not start being seen as Trojans until that one idiot La Pantheure created SteamStealer Xtreme using Jessecar's bot. Once that shit hit Steam full force, then Jessecar's bot started being seen as a bad thing though it still has it's legitimately good uses (of which this is one).

Also, to Arkarr: Does this have trade customization and the ability to log changes to an SQL databases? I want to use this to handle donations of 1 key to 6 keys (6 ranks total) and log them to the sourcemod's admin SQL database.

Also, if you want to run this on Linux, try installing Xvfb and Wine. It's how I ran a Windows-based server for this old "TF2 v1.0.0.9" build on Facepunch. Xvfb allows you to run Wine without the requirement of a monitor so people like me with a Linux-based VPS can use Wine.

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 10-12-2015 at 18:48.
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-12-2015 , 18:51   Re: [ANY] Steambot
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
100% of all antivirus programs have one false positive or multiple. It might be less obvious unless you start doing research and downloading a lot of random crap but they all do.