Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D2] Tank-on-fire Speed Booster

Post New Thread Reply   

DarkNoghri
Old 01-22-2010 , 01:27   Re: [L4D2] Tank-on-fire Speed Booster
Reply With Quote #21

I actually noticed that about two minutes after posting the last version, but hoped it wouldn't be an issue. New version posted.
dirka_dirka
Veteran Member
Old 01-24-2010 , 02:18   Re: [L4D2] Tank-on-fire Speed Booster
Reply With Quote #22

plugin uses too many resources - lags server the instant a tank is lit up. causes lag spikes even when there is no tank but a lot of activity is going on.
Visual77
Veteran Member
Old 01-24-2010 , 03:02   Re: [L4D2] Tank-on-fire Speed Booster
Reply With Quote #23

Update worked perfect for me. Thanks DarkNoghri.
dirka, dirka, it shoulden't be this plugin

Last edited by Visual77; 01-24-2010 at 03:07.
DarkNoghri
Old 01-24-2010 , 03:52   Re: [L4D2] Tank-on-fire Speed Booster
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirka_dirka View Post
plugin uses too many resources - lags server the instant a tank is lit up. causes lag spikes even when there is no tank but a lot of activity is going on.
Hrrrm. I'll take a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual77 View Post
Update worked perfect for me. Thanks DarkNoghri.
Well, that's good at least.
SkaP
Old 01-24-2010 , 19:15   Re: [L4D2] Tank-on-fire Speed Booster
Reply With Quote #25

Love it but I do think that the survivors should be notified that the tank is now faster. To many times will someone cry foul when all of a sudden your on fire tank rakes their team by catching them.
Big Myke
Old 01-24-2010 , 19:25   Re: [L4D2] Tank-on-fire Speed Booster
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaP View Post
Love it but I do think that the survivors should be notified that the tank is now faster.
If anything - give the server admins an option to enable/disable a notification then. I find it more necessary to keep everything discreet to make it seem like there's no mods running or as if its normal gameplay. I find it there to me less people crying when they see colored chat text notifiying shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirka_dirka View Post
I think I may regretfully have to agree. Server seems to take a hit with this plugin enabled as well.
SkaP
Old 01-24-2010 , 19:48   Re: [L4D2] Tank-on-fire Speed Booster
Reply With Quote #27

XD I think on fire witches become faster as well. Might want to fix that I had one bolt at me at lighting speed. I'll try it again see if its faster.

Edit: I haven't seen any problem with this plugin when the tank is on fire or when he is not.

Edit: I think I figured out the witch thing. I threw a moltov at her then shot her with fire bullets. Never seen this happen till I added this plugin.

Last edited by SkaP; 01-24-2010 at 20:22.
DarkNoghri
Old 01-24-2010 , 20:55   Re: [L4D2] Tank-on-fire Speed Booster
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Love it but I do think that the survivors should be notified that the tank is now faster. To many times will someone cry foul when all of a sudden your on fire tank rakes their team by catching them.
Would you want something that repeated every so often? Or just something that occurs when a tank gets lit up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Myke View Post
I think I may regretfully have to agree. Server seems to take a hit with this plugin enabled as well.
I think the problem is that I'm hooking player_hurt and doing stuff with it. Even when I'm narrowing it down to only the tank, that event gets fired ALOT when he's on fire. The reason that's even being checked constantly is so that I can tell when a tank gets extinguished, which there's no event for.

At this point, I'm considering trashing the whole thing and just checking every couple of seconds for tanks being on fire. Which should work, it's just there would be a few second delay for changes to take place when ignited/extinguished.

Quote:
XD I think on fire witches become faster as well. Might want to fix that I had one bolt at me at lighting speed. I'll try it again see if its faster.

Edit: I haven't seen any problem with this plugin when the tank is on fire or when he is not.

Edit: I think I figured out the witch thing. I threw a moltov at her then shot her with fire bullets. Never seen this happen till I added this plugin.
That's really.... odd. And possibly the kind of thing I was worried about. Not only am I not checking for fire bullets (I forgot they existed), but I'm checking the class of anyone I'm raising the speed on. Which means, if a witch is faster, it has to be a holdover from a speed not being RESET correctly.

I'll take a look again sometime in the next few days. In the meantime, I have homework to do.
SkaP
Old 01-24-2010 , 21:09   Re: [L4D2] Tank-on-fire Speed Booster
Reply With Quote #29

If maybe a warning came up when the Tank spawns, if that isn't possible when it's lit is fine too. I put info on plugins in my MOTD but some people just don't read it.

And to tell you the truth I liked the witch on fire thing. It was funny and I got my ass whooped. Just thought I would let you know.
DarkNoghri
Old 01-24-2010 , 22:53   Re: [L4D2] Tank-on-fire Speed Booster
Reply With Quote #30

Is the witch doing that consistently, though?