Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Freeze Tag

Post New Thread Reply   

Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-21-2010 , 02:30   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #51

I'm not too worried about this. If anything I'll end up paying for someone to make an extension to handle it. I'm also going to learn how to do it myself if I can.
Insane Cricket
Old 10-21-2010 , 13:49   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraka View Post
I'm not too worried about this. If anything I'll end up paying for someone to make an extension to handle it. I'm also going to learn how to do it myself if I can.
Dang. Hopefully if you did that it would be a one time thing. I've been testing this with Snowden and Silencer and I have looked at the code a bit, but I'm not sure I have the time or know-how to make any improvements myself. Just hope this can really get off the ground - back in the day I played nothing but freeze tag!
Snowden42
Old 10-21-2010 , 16:54   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #53

Ok, I can verify that my modification doesn't affect Sentry behavior. Like you said, this'll require a custom extension. I'm surprised there isn't someone willing to simply code it for free, however.
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-21-2010 , 19:28   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #54

Just got a tiny bit of time to work on this but I did investigate the medic uber charge and fixed it. Now it keeps the value when you get frozen. I also looked into the class change while frozen and gathered some info and notes into the code.

Version 0.9.7
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (freezetag.sp - 96 views - 32.3 KB)
File Type: smx freezetag.smx (18.9 KB, 93 views)
TheSilencer
Old 10-22-2010 , 19:21   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowden42 View Post
Ok, I can verify that my modification doesn't affect Sentry behavior. Like you said, this'll require a custom extension. I'm surprised there isn't someone willing to simply code it for free, however.
Well, I do have one last idea, as stupid as it sounds, dont judge me.

Ive once coded a plugin that would teleport all players to spawn during humiliation, just as a practice. The diguising method currently being used doesnt work because the dsentry sees the player applying the disguise. What if, for a fraction of a second, the player gets teleported to a specific coordinate in the map outside the range of the sentry gun, disguised, and then teleported back to his starting position.

I have no idea how fast this can be done or how it can affect the server, but its the last thing I can think of.
Snowden42
Old 10-22-2010 , 20:18   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #56

It's not really worth it.
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-28-2010 , 09:13   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #57

I'm still around, just been focusing on work since I was on vacation last week. If you guys test the latest version, please take a video of it. That goes a long way to analyze and hopefully figure out why something is breaking.

I think the only two major features left are blocking class changes and implementing the ring thaw system.
Insane Cricket
Old 10-28-2010 , 16:52   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraka View Post
If you guys test the latest version, please take a video of it.
I'll do this if we can get a server.
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-01-2010 , 14:36   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #59

My petition for help in developing a SM extension that will give the Freeze Tag plugin the capabilities it needs to be successful.
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1339420
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-09-2010 , 16:54   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #60

FYI still here, just been really really busy at work, barely time to play or program... I did start rewriting the plugin again though. Simply just so it's structured better, cleaner, and easier to code changes in.

(EDIT)
Here is the finished restructure\rewrite. A lot of the internal variables have been renamed better, and some of the freeze\thaw logic has been redone. The file name has also changed so make sure you delete the old one. This needs to essentially be retested from the ground up because bugs could have been introduced.

There is a new CVAR too: ft_frozen_health_mod - Percentage of health applied to a player who has just been frozen.
Previously this was hard coded to 50% of the players health awarded to them when frozen. By tweaking this you can make it harder to thaw or final-kill the frozen player.

Version 0.9.7.2
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (TF2_FreezeTag.sp - 67 views - 34.7 KB)

Last edited by Thraka; 11-09-2010 at 18:30.