8% 

[L4D & L4D2] Auto Infected Spawner

Post New Thread Reply   

Munch
Old 04-19-2014 , 19:52   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Auto Infected Spawner
Reply With Quote #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazrael View Post
@Munch: Thanks for maintaining plugin! But I've got some questions about convars. Could you explain them with example?
PHP Code:
 // [0=OFF|1=ON] Disable/Enable faster special infected response
l4d2_ais_fast_response "1"

// [0=OFF|1=ON] Disable/Enable faster special infected spawn (Enable when SI spawn rate is high)
l4d2_ais_fast_spawn "0"

// [0=OFF|1=ON] Scale spawn weights with the limits of corresponding SI
l4d2_ais_scale_weights "1" 

l4d2_ais_fast_response "1"
Is the time delay of the special using its special ability 0=longer(default) 1=quicker (boomer vomit delay, smoker tong delay hunter pounce delay ect.)

l4d2_ais_fast_spawn "1"
Is the spawn distance of the special. 0=farther away 1=closer to players. This refers to z_spawn_safety_range and effectively is 0=the range at which the special is hanging around waiting to attack 1=the special actively hunts you down.

l4d2_ais_scale_weights "1"
I set my own spawn weights to prioritize which special types are more likely to spawn. However lets assume there is a boomer and a smoker present on the map right now, the spawn weight's will now decrease for these 2 specials, this will allow the likelihood of another special type to spawn. I think this is to stop the build up of a single special type. ie more boomers=lower spawn weight=less likely to spawn another boomer.

Last edited by Munch; 05-27-2014 at 14:28.
SEGA EMPRESS ERIS
Old 05-27-2014 , 02:47   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Auto Infected Spawner
Reply With Quote #62

Ok this plugin works great for me in a mod I use but 1 more thing would make this plugin perfect. If it would interoperate with the director relax phase. Just put director_debug 1 in console if youre the host to see how it works. Basically in the director relax phase, the director stops spawning hordes and special infected, and when a certain amount of time has passed or distance is travelled, the director goes into the build up state which allows the director hordes to show up and begins spawning special infected again.

This plugin just keeps spawning bots no matter what the director is doing which is better than nothing of course especially if you want more action in your game, but it would be nice if such a good bot spawning plugin could interoperate with the director relax phase and build up phase. to put simply it could work like this, bot spawning plugin stops spawning bots or pauses its spawn timer when the director enters the relax phase, bot spawning plugin spawns bots when the director enters the build up phase. Which happens after it leaves the relax phase.

The survivors determine whether the director stays in the build up phase or enters the relax phase based on an intensity meter in the game which can also be seen if director_debug 1 is set. For example if a survivor gets mauled by a horde / hunter combo and gets incapacitated that survivors state would most likely go into 'extreme' which would then put the director into 'peak_fade' / 'relax' phase which stops spawning hordes and special infected giving your team enough time to recover.

Last edited by SEGA EMPRESS ERIS; 05-27-2014 at 03:03.
shotgunelvis
Old 06-17-2014 , 20:34   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Auto Infected Spawner
Reply With Quote #63

Love this plugin but big problem now the SI spawn right next to you. Anyway to fix that????
Munch
Old 06-18-2014 , 06:43   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Auto Infected Spawner
Reply With Quote #64

Always a good idea to check the last few pages of any forum to see if the problem or fix has been mentioned before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munch View Post
Edit the "l4d2_autoIS.sp" find the 2 instances of "z_spawn" change to "z_spawn_old"
Do not change the 2 instances of "z_spawn_safety_range"
Old 10-21-2014 , 21:48   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Auto Infected Spawner
Reply With Quote #65

Quote:
l4d2_ais_fast_spawn "1"
Is the spawn distance of the special. 0=farther away 1=closer to players. This refers to z_spawn_safety_range and effectively is 0=the range at which the special is hanging around waiting to attack 1=the special actively hunts you down.
A few months ago I turned on this cvar and found following issues:
  1. Sometimes survivors walk on Spitter goo, they don't say anything like "Burning goo!!!" Merely lose HP but say nothing.
  2. Occasionally a special infected is killed, there's no notification like "Survivor killed Charger". Looks like AI Director ignores its death.
When I turned this cvar off, above issues were vanished. Do you know why this happens?
Munch
Old 10-22-2014 , 13:00   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Auto Infected Spawner
Reply With Quote #66

That does not happen to me and judging by the lack of anybody else not posting similar issues then it must be a peculiar error happening to your server. Try moving all other 3rd party plugins to another folder and test with AIS alone. Maybe another plugin is clashing with it.

However, with the issues you mention
1. I don't think its much of an issue if the survivors don't say "Spitter Goo" when walking on acid as the sound effect of the acid alone when walking on it alerts you to it, As you already mention they merely loose HP. Sounds like its working ok to me.
2. If occasionally a special infected is killed then the AI director has not ignored its death. Having no notification of who killed the special is probably the only issue if statistics are important to you.

I would only use (and do) when the SI spawn rate is high. I ran a server where I only had specials (no zombies) but it had 18 specials in game at once. I had to use this setting so they would not attack all at once overwhelming the survivors. As you can imagine the gameplay was intense and any issue arising could easily be missed.

Last edited by Munch; 10-23-2014 at 08:41. Reason: spell check
bazrael
Old 11-06-2014 , 10:11   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Auto Infected Spawner
Reply With Quote #67

Quote:
1. I don't think its much of an issue if the survivors don't say "Spitter Goo" when walking on acid as the sound effect of the acid alone when walking on it alerts you to it, As you already mention they merely loose HP. Sounds like its working ok to me.
I forgot to explain more clearly. Although this won't often happen, bot survivors won't avoid and stand on spitter goo if they say nothing, keeping losing HP like idiots. I'm still testing which plugin interferes AIS plugin.

--Next question--
Supposing I want to spawn 2 tanks randomly at every map in coop game, should I set l4d_ais_tank_weight 2 or something else? What's the range of weight?

Last edited by bazrael; 11-19-2014 at 21:52. Reason: New question
Munch
Old 06-16-2015 , 11:06   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Auto Infected Spawner
Reply With Quote #68

I know its a bit late and you probably figured it out by now but ive only just noticed your question

l4d2_ais_tank_limit "1" is self explanatory, The maximum number of tanks at once
l4d2_ais_tank_weight "8" is the likelihood of the Tank spawning in % If a Boomer has a spawn weight of 20% and a Tank has 10% then the Boomer is twice as likely to spawn over the Tank.

Last edited by Munch; 06-16-2015 at 11:06.
NeoTM
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-06-2015 , 22:17   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Auto Infected Spawner
Reply With Quote #69

i try to set my server to have 1 tank at every levels but i don't find the correct cvars to make it.

I try tank limit :1 and tank weight: 20 but the game spawn 5 tank in the same level.

I think that tank limit is only to limit how much tank at the same time but not how much tank by levels.

Do you think this plugin will allow me to spawn only one tank by level but at every levels?

If not do you know a plugin who make that?
82.66.75.218:27015 - Walk In Dead Nightmare
82.66.75.218:27016 - Walk In Dead Rampage
82.66.75.218:27017 - Walk In Dead Vanilla
Merudo
Old 03-01-2016 , 12:37   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Auto Infected Spawner
Reply With Quote #70

Does z_spawn_old works for L4D1? Or is it a L4D2 only command?