Raised This Month: $7 Target: $400
 1% 

Terms & Agreement (With Client Logging) - Updated 3-3-07

Post New Thread Reply   

Psyfire
Old 02-27-2007 , 07:53   Re: Terms & Agreement (With Client Logging) - by Dahvid, optimized by xxAvalanchexx
Reply With Quote #21

I think youre right iggy_bus.

How about this feature:

You join the server and if you take button 2, you get another hud message like

"iggy_bus, are you sure to decline our server rules? If yes choose button 9, if you accept them and that was a fault, choose 1.

You see? You get another simple question, if you are sure to decline them. But here we go, you choose 9 instead of another time 1 or 2 to decline them finally.

Cause if you join the server, you click option 2 first to choose ct or t and then you choose 1-4 to choose your t or ct team (gign, leet model....)

I hope you understand this. Cause you choose option 1 or 2 not one time, even 2 times to choose your final team. You can set it to the number 9, which you will never choose at the beginning on the server.

Last edited by Psyfire; 02-27-2007 at 07:59.
iggy_bus
BANNED
Old 02-27-2007 , 08:23   Re: Terms & Agreement (With Client Logging) - by Dahvid, optimized by xxAvalanchexx
Reply With Quote #22

That sound like good solution. It just needs to be implemented into plugin, nice
bmann_420
AMX_Super Pooper
Old 03-02-2007 , 23:27   Re: Terms & Agreement (With Client Logging) - by Dahvid, optimized by xxAvalanchexx
Reply With Quote #23

Is their a way you can Please, make it so the admin does not have to undecline somebody. As in get kicked, then they can join again to agree to them. I believe thats the point, is to get them to agree to the terms. Not pretty much ban them if they decline. Cause its hard to get ahold of an admin when you cant join the server, and many people dont like wasting time going to the forums to request an appeal.

Or at least make a second version, cause I really want to use this. Just not have the declined be prety much permanent, since its hard to depend on other admins to do those things when yoru so busy.

Last edited by bmann_420; 03-02-2007 at 23:33.
sHum
Old 03-03-2007 , 07:48   Re: Terms & Agreement (With Client Logging) - by Dahvid, optimized by xxAvalanchexx
Reply With Quote #24

so sorry for not replying any questions/comments ... =(

im no SmallC geek and honestly, have little clue what im doing.. this is one of my very 1st few attempts at submitting somthing 'official'..

Quote:
can we do html?
yes ! .. it's actually just a regular MOTD that gets displayed when the rules are called up.. no hud-text or wateva, whole purpose is to avoid having that annoying 4-channel restriction where the 'rules disappear after 2seconds'..

Quote:
can we change the buttons to 7,8,9.. instead of 1,2,3?
should be no problem .. i'll do try to get this done..

Quote:
can we just kick once? instead of a 'ban'? so they can join back and just hit agree and play..
yes i culd also check that out...
when a client Disagrees, the plugin allows the player to reconnect and play on the server.. but only for 1 or 2 minutes.. then the player is kicked out again. he joins back, this action is repeated. the 1-2mins "grace" is to allow the player to 'scream out' to any admins within the game, to help with the removal..

the next point, is that if you only kick once upon disagree, the player can just simply come back n hit "Agree", and then play, and laugh at your server/disrupt the rules.. and never be asked to read the rules again.

Quote:
you should not hardcore the filepaths..
i fully understand what you mean and why you say that.. but with my limited knowledge of the amxx language (could some one pleasse tell me exactly what this language is called? issit really called SmallC?), im not sure how or what to make changes to.. if anyone knows/is willing to show me how & what & where to change, i would be really greatful.
sHum
Old 03-03-2007 , 08:54   Re: Terms & Agreement (With Client Logging) - by Dahvid, optimized by xxAvalanchexx
Reply With Quote #25

Updated plugin ~ 1st/Main Post updated.

version "Kick-Repeatedly" (agree.amxx):

- Menu numbers updated to be "7" "8" & "9" instead of previous 1,2,3.
- filespaths are still hardcoded, no change yet.

version "Kick-Once-Only" (agree_nodeclined.amxx):

- Removed the entire "declined" feature.. no declined file, no admins needed to 'removedecline' . Plugin now just Kicks players that Disagree with the rules.
- Kicked players upon reconnect will be asked again to read/agree to server rules.
- Menu numbers updated to be "7" "8" & "9" instead of previous 1,2,3.
- filepaths are still hardcoded, no change yet.

---

a lil' groggy rite now .. lol.
hope i updated the main posts with the correct versions of the files.

please lemme know if i messed up with that hehe.

---

oh approved? yay if it really is !

Last edited by sHum; 03-03-2007 at 10:14.
bmann_420
AMX_Super Pooper
Old 03-03-2007 , 14:43   Re: Terms & Agreement (With Client Logging) - Updated 3-3-07
Reply With Quote #26

sHum,

Weather or not you say your just starting or tired, you did a great job at the requests. I definitely respect that, and ty very much. I will test it out "kick-Once" plugin and let you know how it goes.

P.S.

-No need to upload the .amxx unless you use your own includes or the compiler is broken.
-You might want to right a description on the front page of the differences/or what each plugin does and how they differ.

Last edited by bmann_420; 03-03-2007 at 14:56.
Psyfire
Old 03-05-2007 , 10:33   Re: Terms & Agreement (With Client Logging) - Updated 3-3-07
Reply With Quote #27

sHum, what are you saying to my request? I want that everybody had to choose option 3 first to read the rules. After he chose to read them, he can accept them or decline them, but not before he read them!

Can you add this to both versions?
Alka
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 03-05-2007 , 12:16   Re: Terms & Agreement (With Client Logging) - Updated 3-3-07
Reply With Quote #28

This version "agree_nodeclined.amxx" is cool & useful,sHum! Gj...
Old 03-08-2007 , 14:28   Re: Terms & Agreement (With Client Logging) - Updated 3-3-07
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyfire View Post
sHum, what are you saying to my request? I want that everybody had to choose option 3 first to read the rules. After he chose to read them, he can accept them or decline them, but not before he read them!

Can you add this to both versions?
if uve been followin.. my experience with Pawn/SmallC/Amxx language (someone please lol, tell what the darn language is officially known as) is still very shallow .. my strength so far is just taking sources n ripping them apart to modify them to my kind of 'perfection'..

so for ur menu request, i understand what ur trying to get at and the reason for such, but im still also experimenting how to create sub-menus .. "menu1 -> submenu1 -> subsubmenu1".. so im gonna have to hold on ur request.. sry >.<
Nappa
Old 03-31-2007 , 07:07   Re: Terms & Agreement (With Client Logging) - Updated 3-3-07
Reply With Quote #30

I get it to show Agree/disagree but the rules won't show. I created a rules.txt into /cstrike folder, and it's just plain text. What am I doing wrong?
Send a message via MSN to Nappa