Raised This Month: $7 Target: $400
 1% 

Terms & Agreement (With Client Logging) - Updated 3-3-07

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   Counter-Strike        Category:   Server Management        Approver:   Hawk552 (427)
sHum
Old 02-23-2007 , 03:11   Terms & Agreement (With Client Logging) - Updated 3-3-07
Reply With Quote #1

Server Terms & Agreement (With Client Logging)
- a Server Rules plugin

This plugin is Dahvid's Agreement plugin, that got Unapproved previously...because it did not work well. so gonna attempt to get it Approved, because i feel all the other Approved server-rules management plugins cant beat Dahvid's concept. There's only 2 other 'rules-specific' plugins around from what i searched.. both use HUD Text, where people complain "disappears within a second", unknowing that the cause is because of the limited HUD Text layers/channels.
Dahvid's method solves that at best. The rules are shown in a MOTD, so there's unlimited time given to players to absorb the rules fully.

See Here for the original plugin:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=18493

What this plugin does: (agree.amxx)
The plugin will pop up a menu to players that join the server, asking them if they "Agree" or "Decline" your server rules. If they Agree, they will be logged and never be asked again.

If they Decline, they will be kick instantly, and if they reconnect, they will automatically be kicked again after 60 seconds.
They have to find an admin to clear their deeds if they wish to indeed play on the server.
This feature is here to make sure that all players that play on your server dont just "simply agree"... Players will be discouraged from blindly accepting your server rules.

The plugin auto-generates "Agreed.ini" & "Declined.ini" in your moddir/addons/amxmodx/configs folder.

Cvars:
- amx_removedecline "<STEAM_ID>" //- Removes player from Declined log, so the player stops getting kicked again and again for Declining the server rules.

**Alternate Version Included** (agree_nodeclined.amxx)
created an alternate version upon request.
This version of the plugin does the same thing as the other one, except for the entire Declined feature.
- No "Declined logging", no need for amx_removedeclined command.
- Player gets kicked if he/she Disagrees, no more admins needed to 'clear' the player
- Player will be asked again to accept the rules upon reconnect.

Setup:
- Create a "rules.txt" and place it in your moddir (cstrike/)
This is what will be shown to your clients.
- rules.txt can be written in HTML format.

Credits:
- Dahvid for original source
- xxAvalanchexx for helping out with optimizing the code in the 1st cycle.
- me? further updated plugin(s) to what it is now.

Tested on my linux server, latest amxx, works fully, logging works perfect.

ToDo:
- Create simpler removedecline methods.. currently Admins have to figure out (ask/status) the client's SteamID to clear the player from the 'Declined' list. would be nice if we could somehow have it like other amx commands where all we need is a portion of the user's nick and it will autodetect.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (agree.sma - 9671 views - 4.4 KB)
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (agree_nodeclined.sma - 8286 views - 2.4 KB)

Last edited by sHum; 03-04-2007 at 02:21. Reason: Updated plugin
Old 02-23-2007, 03:13
sHum
This message has been deleted by Brad. Reason: poster's request
Drak
Veteran Member
Old 02-23-2007 , 03:31   Re: Terms & Agreement (With Client Logging)
Reply With Quote #2

If you edited the file, you must put the original authors name in the thread title to even start to be looked at as approved. You can also use the edit button to add the file to your original post, that's why it's there ;)
Send a message via MSN to Drak
sHum
Old 02-23-2007 , 03:36   Re: Terms & Agreement (With Client Logging)
Reply With Quote #3

its funny how i attempt to avoid getting such responses by saying the requested in the very 1st line .. but nevermind.. i tried..

i did give full credit and direct links to the original.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:30
Inogood
This message has been deleted by Brad. Reason: pointless in it's entirety, not so pointless if specific bits were pointed out that OP was in violation of
Deviance
Veteran Member
Old 02-23-2007 , 07:43   Re: Terms & Agreement (With Client Logging) - by Dahvid, optimized by xxAvalanchexx
Reply With Quote #4

Code:
new const agreedfile[] = "addons/amxmodx/configs/agreed.ini"; new const declinedfile[] = "addons/amxmodx/configs/declined.ini";
Instead of hardcoding the paths, you should use get_configsdir().
Skissors
Old 02-23-2007 , 09:37   Re: Terms & Agreement (With Client Logging) - by Dahvid, optimized by xxAvalanchexx
Reply With Quote #5

could you add a second version of it where yes goes to decline and no to accept, because if you do this and at the end of the rules it says "press yes to decline and no to accept" it will verify that the user read it

IM BACK
polakpolak
Old 02-23-2007 , 16:23   Re: Terms & Agreement (With Client Logging) - by Dahvid, optimized by xxAvalanchexx
Reply With Quote #6

Looks like a good idea.
WC3FT Server IP: 69.9.42.144:27015
500Fps www.PolakServers.com
------------------------------------
Send a message via MSN to polakpolak
SAMURAI16
BANNED
Old 02-24-2007 , 04:21   Re: Terms & Agreement (With Client Logging) - by Dahvid, optimized by xxAvalanchexx
Reply With Quote #7

1) Exactly how Deviance says, don't use hardcode paths
For example istead of:
Code:
new const agreedfile[] = "addons/amxmodx/configs/agreed.ini";
use:
Code:
new agreedfile[128]
get_localinfo("amxx_configsdir",agreedfile,127)
format(agreedfile,127,"%s/agreed.ini",agreedfile)
Also for "rules" and "declinedfile" file

2) I suggest to rename the "rules" file into another name because almost "Rules" plugins have a file wich called "rules.txt/ini", and it's better to change it in something like "rules_agreement" or something like that
Send a message via MSN to SAMURAI16
bmann_420
AMX_Super Pooper
Old 02-25-2007 , 06:54   Re: Terms & Agreement (With Client Logging) - by Dahvid, optimized by xxAvalanchexx
Reply With Quote #8

Nice additoin, I used it before but now I find it too Intrusive. But thats just me

P.S. the rules.txt can be html or just straight read the lines?
Old 02-25-2007 , 06:57   Re: Terms & Agreement (With Client Logging) - by Dahvid, optimized by xxAvalanchexx
Reply With Quote #9

Is just simple text! Like HLG-Agreement! ;)
AMX_Super Pooper
Old 02-26-2007 , 03:00   Re: Terms & Agreement (With Client Logging) - by Dahvid, optimized by xxAvalanchexx
Reply With Quote #10

Have you fixed the error dahvid had before where it would add the same SteamId's over and over till its so dam full your server crashes?

I may have gotten this wrong, but are you saying its like a ban? You ahve to get an admin to let them back in by erasing their steamid with a command?
Or are they just kicked for a few minuts? (i would suggest)

Last edited by bmann_420; 02-26-2007 at 03:05.