Raised This Month: $7 Target: $400
 1% 

Sank Sounds (Luke Sankey) (v1.8.4)

Post New Thread Reply   

ancient1
Old 10-01-2004 , 15:07  
Reply With Quote #21

Do you see any spaces in the words I posted?

It just dont work...

However I was having issues with the metmod plugins.ini order, as amxx RC6 seems to only like a certain order, so I shall try it again at a quiet time and report back..

Ancient
Old 10-01-2004 , 15:55  
Reply With Quote #22

i copied the exact config file from the zip and yes i tried deleting all the spaces too. Is the .wav file read from my czero folder or dedserver/czero folder?
karlos
Veteran Member
Old 10-01-2004 , 20:23  
Reply With Quote #23

by spaces i DONT mean in wavs/words (that may not be of course) BUT between keyword and wav
THIS WILL BE FIXED TOMORROW (not now cause need to test new/forgotten feature)

they are read from <moddir>/sound/... (eg: wav is in moddir/sound/mysounds/hiall.wav u have to put mysounds/hiall.wav into .cfg)
Old 10-01-2004 , 22:12  
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinrb
works very nicely

thank god theres sanks sounds plugin again.
there was this sychosound plugin for amxx but that worked like a pile of wet horseshit.
give it a 5 outta 5
What is wrong with psychosounds? I ported it from amx to amxx VERY EASILY and I have no problems what so ever. (using 0.20 RC6)
karlos
Veteran Member
Old 10-02-2004 , 11:45  
Reply With Quote #25

updated new version 1.1:
- fixed bug with spaces between keywords and wavs
- multiple Join and Exit sounds can now be used (everyone expected this to work (me too ), but now it works)
- fixed bug where connect and disconnect sound have not been played

1.1.1(hotfix)
- just removes an error msg
Old 10-02-2004 , 16:03  
Reply With Quote #26

Works a treat now!!

However, every now and then it goes through a spell of not playing the sounds for some reason? May be something to do with the size of the .wav mebe? not sure...

HOWEVER, big however!! it precaches the sounds, fine if you have a fast downloadurl but this removes the option of making them optional for the players. Some dont like sound spam and I would prefer to make it a optional sound pack download from my webby.

So request....

Could you please make another version that does not precache the sounds, this would make it pretty much perfect for me ;)

Thankyou,

Ancient
Old 10-02-2004 , 16:27  
Reply With Quote #27

it doesnt play the sounds from the soundpack or your custom?
i noticed it with custom wavs but that was on won, dont know if still with steam cause i have not added new sounds recently
but its not the file size but rather the bit depth and sample rate
some play with 8bit 11Khz other dont (dont know why, its hl)
try to resample or increase bit depth or both

i dont really want to make a new one, But do this:
just delete the plugin_precache function and recompile
Code:
public plugin_precache(){     new configpath[60]     get_configsdir(configpath,60)     format(FILENAME,127,"%s/SND-LIST.CFG",configpath) // Name of file to parse     parse_sound_file(FILENAME)     new i     for ( i = 0; i < MAX_KEYWORDS + 2; ++i ){         new j         for ( j=0; j < MAX_RANDOM; ++j ){             if ( i < MAX_KEYWORDS && strlen(WordWavCombo[i][TOK_LENGTH*(j+1)]) ){                 new temp[128]                 format(temp,127,"sound/%s",WordWavCombo[i][TOK_LENGTH*(j+1)])                 if ( file_exists(temp) ){                     precache_sound(WordWavCombo[i][TOK_LENGTH*(j+1)])                 }             }else if ( strlen(Join_wavs[TOK_LENGTH*j]) && i == MAX_KEYWORDS ){                 new temp[128]                 format(temp,127,"sound/%s",Join_wavs[TOK_LENGTH*j])                 if ( file_exists(temp) ){                     precache_sound(Join_wavs[TOK_LENGTH*j])                 }             }else if ( strlen(Exit_wavs[TOK_LENGTH*j]) && i == MAX_KEYWORDS + 1 ){                 new temp[128]                 format(temp,127,"sound/%s",Exit_wavs[TOK_LENGTH*j])                 if ( file_exists(temp) ){                     precache_sound(Exit_wavs[TOK_LENGTH*j])                 }             }         }     } }
Old 10-02-2004 , 16:34  
Reply With Quote #28

No the sounds not playing is not the sample rate, I allready knew about that so they are all the same...

It's just a irregular bug, it stops playing sounds for while and then resumes, nothing in logs

For example:

I may say hello, which responds with the wav combo hello.wav

Some other sounds may play and then my next Hello might be nothing played? it's irregular, but there is a bug there somewhere me thinks, thats why I though it might be the size of the wav that was causing it? It happens more after large .wavs...

Ancient
Old 10-02-2004 , 19:55  
Reply With Quote #29

hotfix 1.1.2:
- fixed bug where dead players could not hear sounds

i think this was cause of a bug where dead players could not hear anything except snd_split was on
hope the hotfix fixes it
Old 10-02-2004 , 21:41  
Reply With Quote #30

Players in spec dont either...

Also sometimes you can hear the sounds, some times you cant...

Go play here for a hour or so to see what I mean!!

80.190.246.176:27015 Royston Vasey

Ancient