Polymorph: Mod Manager

Post New Thread Reply   

fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 04-13-2019 , 13:50   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #971

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivotril View Post
is there any way that you could add an option on poly_mode to "Always stay on current mod untill next mod is voted"? what i mean by this is if the map gets changed by an admin not change to the next mod in line, instead wait untill the endmap mod vote plays
I'm not entirely sure what you mean. But, if you use mode 2 with mapspermod set to 1 then you can change the map manually before the mod vote and it will stay on the same mod.

Quote:
EDIT: Tested it a bit, doesn't work.
I found an obvious mistake. Please try it again (updated my previous upload).

Last edited by fysiks; 04-13-2019 at 13:51.
Rivotril
Old 04-13-2019 , 15:22   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #972

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
I'm not entirely sure what you mean. But, if you use mode 2 with mapspermod set to 1 then you can change the map manually before the mod vote and it will stay on the same mod.

I found an obvious mistake. Please try it again (updated my previous upload).
Ok then, i'll try that and sure, i'll test it now.

EDIT: Works fine, Thanks!

Last edited by Rivotril; 04-13-2019 at 15:35.
Rivotril
Old 05-13-2019 , 16:32   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #973

Where can i find the lang file from the plugin? i see it should use one as there's a lot of client_print using some lang file but i couldn't find it
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 05-13-2019 , 22:02   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #974

Quote:
Where can i find the lang file from the plugin? i see it should use one as there's a lot of client_print using some lang file but i couldn't find it
It only uses the lang file for the original mapchooser plugin: <mod>/addons/amxmodx/data/lang/mapchooser.txt

However, not all client_print() messages use the lang file. If it doesn't use the lang file then it's in English.

Last edited by fysiks; 05-13-2019 at 22:04.
Rivotril
Old 05-14-2019 , 09:24   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #975

Quote:
It only uses the lang file for the original mapchooser plugin: <mod>/addons/amxmodx/data/lang/mapchooser.txt

However, not all client_print() messages use the lang file. If it doesn't use the lang file then it's in English.
Thanks, another question, how can i modify the time when the vote comes up? i want it to be at 5 minutes instead of 2, thanks!
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 05-14-2019 , 23:18   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #976

Quote:
Thanks, another question, how can i modify the time when the vote comes up? i want it to be at 5 minutes instead of 2, thanks!
Change the value here:

PHP Code:
// ammount of time left (in seconds) to trigger end of map vote
#define TIMELEFT_TRIGGER 129 
Old 05-16-2019 , 23:55   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #977

This mod is unable to set the value of mp_teamlist. (Probably due to the semicolon)

mp_teamlist "Hgrunt;Infected"

Polymorph will interpret it as mp_teamlist "Hgrunt"

EDIT: Fixed it by commenting out strtok in the "Load MOD specific cvars" section and passing szData directly to the array.
Code:
//strtok(szData, szPreCommentData, charsmax(szPreCommentData), "", 0, ';') trim(szData) ArrayPushString(g_aCfgList, szData)

The mod shouldn't trim the string on a semicolon because cvars like this use them as a separator.

But there's another problem.

Seems like Polymorph is taking way too long to apply the current mod configuration.
Code:
[AMXX] Loaded 9 admins from file
[AMXX] Plugin Loading Music II initialized for HLDM mod
MOD LOADED: Zombie Mod: X
MOD LOADED: Snake vs Monkey <<<<<
ERROR: mp_teamlist is not 'Snake;Monkey'. The gamemode requires this teamlist to work.
L 05/17/2019 - 04:15:47: [AMXX] Plugin ("hldm_snake_vs_monkey.amxx") is setting itself as failed.
L 05/17/2019 - 04:15:47: [AMXX] Plugin says: mp_teamlist is not 'Snake;Monkey'
L 05/17/2019 - 04:15:47: [AMXX] Run time error 1 (plugin "hldm_snake_vs_monkey.amxx") - forced exit
The cvar check is taking place in the plugins's plugin_cfg() forward.

The mod failed because the value of mp_teamlist was "Hgrunt;Infected" which was a leftover from the previous mod, Zombie Mod: X.

Last edited by gabuch2; 05-17-2019 at 00:22.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 05-17-2019 , 21:44   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe Iggy View Post
This mod is unable to set the value of mp_teamlist. (Probably due to the semicolon)

mp_teamlist "Hgrunt;Infected"
This has been discused twice in the past (from #834 to #839 and from #954 to #959). Post #839 has the custom version of Polymorph that adds a pre-configuration file that gets applied before the map changes to the new mod (because that's where it needs to be set for mp_teamlist to change properly).
Old 05-17-2019 , 21:49   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #979

Quote:
This has been discused twice in the past (from #834 to #839 and from #954 to #959). Post #839 has the custom version of Polymorph that adds a pre-configuration file that gets applied before the map changes to the new mod (because that's where it needs to be set for mp_teamlist to change properly).
Thanks, if these changes aren't implemented in the main plugin then updating the OP referencing this workaround would be great for people wanting to use this plugin.

As a sidenote, I noticed the plugin is creating a plugins-polymorph.ini file in /configs/. Is this file getting emptied when loading the plugins? How will this affect other servers running on the same directory?
Old 05-17-2019 , 22:11   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe Iggy View Post
As a sidenote, I noticed the plugin is creating a plugins-polymorph.ini file in /configs/. Is this file getting emptied when loading the plugins? How will this affect other servers running on the same directory?
The only way that I found to load plugins dynamically and effectively was to use the AMX Mod X feature where it will load any file with the format "plugins-<anything>.ini" just like plugins.ini but after plugins.ini. To utilize this feature, I write the file with the plugins required for the "nextmod" at the end of the map so that AMX Mod X will load those plugins.

I'm not sure why you would run multiple servers using the same addons folder but, if you do, it will affect all of them because of how AMX Mod X loads the custom plugin configuration files.