Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (4.0.8)

Post New Thread Reply   

Manni
Old 01-02-2009 , 21:08   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.0.6)
Reply With Quote #31

So, i tested this new version.. and deleted it immediately and
went back to the good old working (naris) version 2.x

In this version, the anti soundspam "duration" seems not to work anymore
terrible! players could play dozen of sounds together...

Also, the clientprefs don't save the status on map change while you are online in the server.
If you are not in the server, and the map has changed, you connect then again, the last status of !sounds is saved correctly.
Send a message via ICQ to Manni
gH0sTy
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-03-2009 , 11:06   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.0.6)
Reply With Quote #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni View Post
So, i tested this new version.. and deleted it immediately and
went back to the good old working (naris) version 2.x

In this version, the anti soundspam "duration" seems not to work anymore
terrible! players could play dozen of sounds together...

Also, the clientprefs don't save the status on map change while you are online in the server.
If you are not in the server, and the map has changed, you connect then again, the last status of !sounds is saved correctly.
I can confirm the anti soundspam issue, for some reason it doesn't work.
I used Version 2.0.6 until now because I don't use the Karaoke and I'm pretty sure the anti soundspam worked fine in that Version but in Version 3.0.6 it doesn't... will have a look why.
I can't confirm the clientpref issue, if I disable the playback of saysounds for me it's still disabled after a map change.
gH0sTy
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-04-2009 , 10:30   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.0.7)
Reply With Quote #33

Ok, I've fixed the anti soundspam issue and changed the version cvar so the plugin can be approved without the need to unapprove the original one.
Manni
Old 01-05-2009 , 05:54   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.0.7)
Reply With Quote #34

I'll give you some feedback.
Thx that you try to fix this, but unfortunately it still doesn't work.
I just tested it on my testserver and started a 1 minute duration sound. I've waited 10 seconds and typed it again..then it starts again without anti spam protection and i had again a sound mix....

You should draw a comparison between an old saysound.sp file to see what's wrong now. Or maybe naris can have a look? (i know he have rare time)

Also the little clientpref issue does exist. You maybe didn't test it correct or don't understand me.

Last edited by Manni; 01-05-2009 at 06:01.
Send a message via ICQ to Manni
gH0sTy
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-05-2009 , 07:43   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.0.7)
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni View Post
I'll give you some feedback.
Thx that you try to fix this, but unfortunately it still doesn't work.
I just tested it on my testserver and started a 1 minute duration sound. I've waited 10 seconds and typed it again..then it starts again without anti spam protection and i had again a sound mix....

You should draw a comparison between an old saysound.sp file to see what's wrong now. Or maybe naris can have a look? (i know he have rare time)

Also the little clientpref issue does exist. You maybe didn't test it correct or don't understand me.
Well, first of all if you've read the Changelog properly, you may have noticed Version 3.0.6 is by Naris.
And yes, it looks like I don't understand you regarding the clientprefs issue.
To me it sounds like after a map change (while you're connected to the server) your settings in the clientprefs are lost which I can't confirm.

EDIT: Finally Naris messed the Anti-Soundspam up in 3.0.6 because he replaced the function that reads the duration from the saysound.cfg with a karaoke specific one that doesn't work for normal saysounds.
So actually the Anti-Soundspam Time is only retrieved from sm_time_between_sounds / sm_time_between_admin_sounds
Unfortunately he doesn't comment anything in the source so if you don't use the karaoke feature you should use Version 2.0.6 until Naris fixes it or I do if I've found out how, without messing up the karaoke feature.

Last edited by gH0sTy; 01-05-2009 at 09:22.
gH0sTy
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-05-2009 , 12:28   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.0.7)
Reply With Quote #36

You complained about Version 3.0.6 and said "went back to the good old working (naris) version 2.x".
So the fact that you extra added "(naris)" to your reply gave me the feeling you thought Version 3.0.6 was done by me and therefore I had the feeling you haven't read the Changelog properly.
Finally it isn't my fault that the Anti-Soundspam function doesn't work any more but I'm guilty that I haven't tested the fix with a sound which is longer than sm_time_between_sounds.

Edit:
Fixed the Anti-Soundspam issue and tested it with a sound longer than sm_time_between_sounds as well.
Note: Haven't tested the Karaoke feature but it should work

Last edited by gH0sTy; 01-05-2009 at 13:31.
MrSaturn
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-10-2009 , 10:32   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.0.6)
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltad View Post
Is it possible to use this to precache a sound file changed in games_sounds_weapons.txt?
Normally I use Mani to forcefully download and cache the sentry sound I use on my server, but I wanted to use this instead.
I dont know about game_sounds_weapons but I was able to use this to precache game_sounds.txt. I changed the healthkit, ammo, and healthcabinet sounds. I've been trying to change sounds in game_sounds_weapons and game_sounds_player and game_sounds_vo for the longest time. I dont know why but sometimes its hit or miss. I've also noticed that if I have a file named something like healzy1.wav, it wont work unless I rename it heal.wav. I have no idea why that is.

If you've had success in doing these things please tell me!
MrSaturn
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-10-2009 , 10:34   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.0.8)
Reply With Quote #38

Could I get a list of the actions and parameters that this plugin is capable of linking to sound? I'm tired of guessing what actions do/dont work and worrying about whether or not I typed them correctly.
gH0sTy
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-11-2009 , 11:16   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.0.8)
Reply With Quote #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSaturn View Post
Could I get a list of the actions and parameters that this plugin is capable of linking to sound? I'm tired of guessing what actions do/dont work and worrying about whether or not I typed them correctly.
OP updated
MrSaturn
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-11-2009 , 11:28   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.0.8)
Reply With Quote #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by gH0sTy View Post
OP updated
thanks alot!

is there a suicide action hook?
also, I havent been able to get action uber to work. Can anyone here confirm that this works for them? I am not even getting any error logs or messages in my logs whenever I uber.

"Uber"
{
"file" "misc/godzilla.mp3"
"action" "uber"
}

Thats what I have listed. The sound godzilla.mp3 works because its also linked to the word "roar", so I know the sound isnt faulty. All of my other function/actions and chat to sound links work. I've also been able to link multiple words to the same sound without any problem so that shouldnt be the reason why its not working either.

I'd also like the option to play the sound to the target of the kill only. For instance, if I were to kill someone with my flamethrower the sound would play to my victim instead of me. Perhaps an "action" "die" category.

This is a really awesome plugin. I tried very hard to replace the sounds in game_sounds.txt and game_sounds_player.txt with mixed results but this is a good alternative!

Last edited by MrSaturn; 01-11-2009 at 11:49.