Say Sounds

Post New Thread Reply   

naris
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-13-2008 , 03:23   Re: Say Sounds
Reply With Quote #381

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni View Post
Hi, i wanted to try your newest Saysounds Hybrid Version 2.0.3, butunfortunately it don't load correct in the game mod hl2dm (hl2mp).
I added code to check the version. I also introduced another include file to check the gametype, which will be needed to compile the plugin. I will include said include file and the .smx file.

Quote:
And i've also a Feature Request...
My question is, is it possible to pause an individual sound (if its played 3-5 times already) from being played a certain time e.g. 5 minutes (or adjustable time)?
That is possible, but will require the addition of a mechanism to track each sound. It might get added sometime in the future, but is not something that I will probably add soon (perhaps someone else might?)

I do have another feature in mind that I will be adding soon though...
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (saysounds.sp - 166 views - 44.4 KB)
File Type: inc gametype.inc (980 Bytes, 179 views)
File Type: smx saysounds.smx (15.8 KB, 153 views)
MuXeu
Old 06-13-2008 , 09:19   Re: Say Sounds
Reply With Quote #382

Could you add the cvar for alive players not to hear sounds triggered by dead?
Old 06-13-2008 , 19:16   Re: Say Sounds
Reply With Quote #383

Quote:
I added code to check the version. I also introduced another include file to check the gametype, which will be needed to compile the plugin. I will include said include file and the .smx file.
Thanks so much for your work. I am new for sm plugin. I just have to copy the gametype.inc file into "sm/scripting/include" folder right?

Well my HL2 COOP map server still can't get it works.

"sm_join_exit 1" set in server.cfg: but it's still 0 when new map loaded

join & exit sound: when I join the server, only me can hear the welcome sound. Others can't hear anything when I enter or exit.

Wired version after server restarted: "sm_saysounds_version" = "1.6" ( def. "2.0.4" ) Why the version is so strange?

Can you help with these issues?

Last edited by wing_hk; 06-13-2008 at 19:24.
Manni
Old 06-13-2008 , 21:00   Re: Say Sounds
Reply With Quote #384

Quote:
Originally Posted by naris View Post
Thank you

Quote:
That is possible, but will require the addition of a mechanism to track each sound. It might get added sometime in the future, but is not something that I will probably add soon (perhaps someone else might?)

I do have another feature in mind that I will be adding soon though...
Ok, there is no hurry to do it.

There are still some more little bugs (or let's say suboptimal) things
in saysounds, but it's not so bad. And some more ideas i've for the future
  • Admin/user join sounds via specific steamid sometimes don't work. This happens while another sound is already playing on the server. Maybe add here a new cvar, where the server admin can decide, if the joinsound should be played, no matter if another sound is already playing with (anti spam) duration. e.g. sm_specific_join_force 1/0
    // Play always join sounds when specific steam ID joins or exits the game, no matter if another sound is already playing. (or maybe add a stopsound function, what will stop the playing sound and then only let's play the join sound, this would be better cause no soundmixes then, but harder to implement i guess)
  • I've some more, maybe i'll add it later
Thanks again !

Last edited by Manni; 06-13-2008 at 21:12.
Send a message via ICQ to Manni
Manni
Old 06-13-2008 , 21:22   Re: Say Sounds
Reply With Quote #385

Quote:
Originally Posted by wing_hk View Post
Thanks so much for your work. I am new for sm plugin. I just have to copy the gametype.inc file into "sm/scripting/include" folder right?
you don't need the file, it's only for compile the plugin = only for developers

Well my HL2 COOP map server still can't get it works.

"sm_join_exit 1" set in server.cfg: but it's still 0 when new map loaded
you need to edit it here cfg\sourcemod\sm_saysounds.cfg

join & exit sound: when I join the server, only me can hear the welcome sound. Others can't hear anything when I enter or exit.
"single" "1" // 1 to play sound to single client only, 0 to play to all (default is 0)

Wired version after server restarted: "sm_saysounds_version" = "1.6" ( def. "2.0.4" ) Why the version is so strange?
you have to manually set the new version in your sm_saysounds.cfg cause this file already exist

Can you help with these issues?
i tried ^^

regards
Manni
Send a message via ICQ to Manni
wing_hk
Old 06-13-2008 , 21:45   Re: Say Sounds
Reply With Quote #386

Quote:
i tried ^^

regards
Manni
Manni you are my star I will try these solutions
snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 06-14-2008 , 16:07   Re: Say Sounds
Reply With Quote #387

Dont want to be rude and all, but is it possible to start a new thread, so also the first post can be updated by the current "updated" since i've read all these +- 40 pages now and i see 10 different versions if not more :-) Somewhere in between i lost track of what commands can be used and which cant with what cfg file and which version. Other then that, great work ofcourse.. maybe a small question too.. if one plays a file with "sm_play" it doesn't work since its not downloaded to the client which saysounds (AddFileToDownloadsTable(dl) etc) does. What would you normally do if your not using the saysounds? (just me being curious) add it to some download list? -update- Did found out just now that inside the source it explains.. (but i normally dont click on those so its a bit confusing maybe to some)

Last edited by snelvuur; 06-14-2008 at 16:11.
snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 07-09-2008 , 12:47   Re: Say Sounds
Reply With Quote #388

I like the sounds and all now, however..

is there any way that a admin can play a sound to 1 person?

I can see on http://wiki.alliedmods.net/Custom_Ad...28SourceMod%29 on how to work with custom admin menu's.. in this case one would use sm_play.

With sm_play in the custom menu, you can choose which player, or if you focus on a player to play a certain sound.

This way, if you want to tell somebody he's stupid or something like that, you can just point your focus, do the admin menu thing with sm_play and only he hears the sound.. (dont know if the people around him hear it too like the normal talks of a person) which would be nice too.

Dont know if you get my drift here, but if not let me know. Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this.
iVeDAkiLLa
Old 07-23-2008 , 03:59   Re: Say Sounds
Reply With Quote #389

Which Saysound Plugin did run with DoD:S, TF2 and CS:S??

And what are the best Saysound Plugin for the Source Games?

95.156.232.40:27015 [KoD| .:: ChillOutBude I ::. CS:Source |HLStatsX|FastDL|

95.156.232.41:27015 [KoD| .:: ChillOutBude II ::. DoD:Source |HLStatsX|FastDL|Funmods|
Send a message via ICQ to iVeDAkiLLa
FernFerret
Old 08-14-2008 , 09:37   Re: Say Sounds
Reply With Quote #390

@snelvuur
There currently IS a way to play to a specific Steam ID, however this is static via the config, I'm doing some SM coding right now on some other things and I'll see what I can do, no promises though. naris also has a habit of doing amazing things also

@iVeDAkiLLa
The most recent version (2.0.3) SHOULD work with all of those, but there is really no telling with some of the source games/other mods you have. Not sure If I understand what you are asking in part 2, are you asking what version, or are you asking us if there is a better saysounds plugin out there? (there is not )

@naris
I am planning a few changes (mainly because action sounds overlap, and I need to get that fixed bad), so don't let me overdo any changes that you are putting in, send me a pm if you have a more updated beta version or something, thank you for keeping this project alive, especially in my absence, I should be around a bit more now.

Also naris, I agree with snelvuur about the version stuff, we really need to get a new thread or something, this is just getting rediculous, it was on page 20ish last time i was on, I have to go back and read all the new stuff now...

Thanks all,
--FF