Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

xREDIRECT - nice plugin but to me don't work.

Post New Thread Reply   

raw90s
Old 09-25-2009 , 23:24   Re: xREDIRECT - nice plugin but to me don't work.
Reply With Quote #11

alright thnx! that fixed that problem, the new problem now is that in ur instructions it says that i should put the server ip that i am runing the plugin in the serverlist.ini and that the server would detect it self and not list its self on the menu.. well it does list itself on the menu plus it does not redirect once u choose a server.. the server will give the message that the person was redirected but the person wouldnt go anywhere .. also the plugin make the server lag spike.. i actually had to pause the plugin so it wouldnt cause lag spikes.. once paused the spikes stop... what would u say is causing that? i am gonna turn the plugin back on so u may check it out for yourself. thank you very much for all your assistance and i hope to get this resolved so that ppl may use it

Last edited by raw90s; 09-26-2009 at 06:32.
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 09-26-2009 , 07:36   Re: xREDIRECT - nice plugin but to me don't work.
Reply With Quote #12

you are using an outdated version of the plugin, that's why redirection doesn't work. get the newest stable version 1.0.3.2 from the main thread.

i can't say anything about lag spikes, don't hear much about such problems. rarely some people have socket issues on their server, which can lead to a server lag when a socket blocks code execution. we are currently discussing an issue where it seems that network sockets aren't correctly closed by AMXX in another thread. maybe if we get to fix that it helps with the lag spikes, maybe not. observing this other thread and trying a fix as soon as i release one is worth a try in any case.
Old 09-26-2009 , 16:14   Re: xREDIRECT - nice plugin but to me don't work.
Reply With Quote #13

Xor thank you very much.. everything is working fine now... it was just a matter of paying attention.. i am sorry for the incovinience...

++++ karma for all the help and support

"Keep fighting the good fight.. u seem to be winning >= 0 ) !"
raw90s
Old 09-26-2009 , 16:20   Re: xREDIRECT - nice plugin but to me don't work.
Reply With Quote #14

one last thing.. in my /server option the option lists the server its running the pluigin as up and wont say how many ppl are in it and it does redirect you to the same server ur already in(Flawless Skillz server), but it the other server its redirecting you to, the pluginworks fine( 24/7 HS only).. it actually fades out the current server server ur in.. any suggestions?

Last edited by raw90s; 09-26-2009 at 20:54.
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 09-26-2009 , 21:47   Re: xREDIRECT - nice plugin but to me don't work.
Reply With Quote #15

redirect_check_method 1
change to
redirect_check_method 2
and it will show the actual number of players and map running.
The server you are on is allways fade out as you cannot redirect yourself to a server you are allready on.

raw90s
Old 09-27-2009 , 01:21   Re: xREDIRECT - nice plugin but to me don't work.
Reply With Quote #16

thank you for helping me fix that issue ... now the issue of redirecting to itself is still there.. feel free to test it and get back to me if u have any possible solutions.. if not i guess it'll have to stay that way... its just weird how one sever knows to fade itself the other is OFP (own f**in program)
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 09-27-2009 , 20:08   Re: xREDIRECT - nice plugin but to me don't work.
Reply With Quote #17

on that server the own IP is probably not detected correctly. this usually has to do with the network configuration of the server, which would explain why it can behave differently on your two servers.
anyway, the problem is known and reading questions 5 and 6 in the FAQ will help you to get that solved.
Old 09-30-2009 , 16:57   Re: xREDIRECT - nice plugin but to me don't work.
Reply With Quote #18

man xor im gonna be honest with you... i know alot about nuthing if you know what i mean.. i read Q&A 5 and 6 and they might as well be written and chinese cuz i did not understand squat about internal /external ip stuff.. now when u say ip 123.123.... is that IP the same as the internal ip? is that the server ip itself?

Last edited by raw90s; 09-30-2009 at 17:00.