Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

CSDM 2.1.3d KWo beta

Post New Thread Reply   

sytremelaker
Old 04-12-2007 , 20:02   Re: CSDM 2.1g beta
Reply With Quote #171

Oh, so it's been disabled.. Thanks anyway.

Well, what I meant was that there would be no equip menu, players would just recieve a random loadout.
Send a message via AIM to sytremelaker
rory535
Old 04-13-2007 , 08:59   Re: CSDM 2.1g beta
Reply With Quote #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by sytremelaker View Post
Like you know the Equip menu for CSDM? Is it possible to force a random gun loadout each time a player respawns?

For example, at one time a player would get a deagle and a tmp without s/he choosing. Then if that player dies, they would get some other gun combo, like a usp and smg.
Ita already been done. Thats what the gungame plugin does. It contains a deathmatch mode and every time you respawn, a new weapon is assigned to you.
sytremelaker
Old 04-13-2007 , 21:22   Re: CSDM 2.1g beta
Reply With Quote #173

Um, no? Gungame gives new weapons according to kills. You start with a glock, get 3 kills and then you would upgrade to USP
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 04-14-2007 , 17:35   Re: CSDM 2.1g beta
Reply With Quote #174

Try to understand one thing - the random part should take care about restricted weapons per team, too (that feature has been requested and it's there in the code). But because of that - it may happen so - the code will try to look some available random weapon for the player (imagine You restricted per teams few of weapons) so it may even few times try to give some weapon which is not available for him - the code needs to repeat few times the same part until finally give him the weapon. It will affect the performance. Even if I would try to make the list every time separetly for each player's respawn (to use radom choice only once to make sure at once I have 100% success with selecting the available weapon for him) - that preparation thing is bad, too - if it would happen every time the player respawns (because everytime some restricted weapon may or may not be available for him) - it will affect the performance, too. I think this is he main reason of rejecting this request. It would make the code too much complicated which is against the design CSDM comes. After those modifications I did already the code looks too much complicated now - that's why a lot of things You have now in the beta - they will be rejected for the original version.
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 04-15-2007 , 15:19   Re: CSDM 2.1h beta
Reply With Quote #175

I've just uploaded 2.1h BETA version.
The majority of features it includes will be rejected for the official 2.2 version (because - like I got the info from BAILOPAN - they are against the design CSDM 2 comes and because of the baddly written code by me (even if it works 100% without any bugs/problems).
The 2.1h version is more than likely the last beta update, since it cannot be continued even some better coding way in the official 2.2 version - there is no reason to continue it as some fork and it would be untactful from me I would do the fork here at CSDM official forum.
If someone will see the changes I did they are really usefull - please write it clearly in this topic.

Here is the full list of changes I did between 2.1g and 2.1h:

[csdm_amxx module]
(2.1h) Added the function csdm_remove_weaponbox; Changed the check for removing dropped weapons if the player-owner is disconnected (the owner is NULL).

[csdm_main]
+(2.1h) Fixed problem with weapons not removed if dropped by bots or by disconnected player (requires the new csdm_amxx module included into beta package!!!). Please give me the feeedback if it loads and works on linux (tested only on windows!!!).
+(2.1h) Added the function to write to csdm.cfg any changes with CSDM settings from "CSDM Settings Menu". This is the most hated function by Bailopan I did (it's against the design). If You don't wish to save by any admin Your original settings from csdm.cfg You can mark this file as read-only. After enabling/disbling CSDM from the menu it saves this into csdm.cfg and changelevel is called (so there is no need to recreate entities or removig them during the game - when the map was already loaded).

[csdm_equip]
+(2.1h) Fixed problem with not displaying the same page of the menu after using some item from CSDM Settings Menu.

[csdm_spawn_preset]
+(2.1h) The player is now spawned at leats 500 units far away from enemies and it also takes care now about FFA mode

[csdm_ffa]
+(2.1h) Fixed problem with not displaying the same page of the menu after using some item from CSDM Settings Menu.

[csdm_tickets]
+(2.1h) Fixed few problems with mode for ticketing players.

[csdm_misc]
+(2.1h) Removing weapons on the ground, player_weaponstrip and game_player_equip - has been moved to the new plugin csdm_stripper.
+(2.1h) Added the possibility to always invoke gun menu under certain restrictions. Fixed problem with not displaying the same page of the menu after using some item from CSDM Settings Menu.

[csdm_stripper]
+(2.1h) Added new plugin which can read its-own section from csdm.cfg to remove from the map any entities You wish. These the most frequently used on some fun maps are listed already in the new csdm.cfg in 2.1h beta package.

[csdm_itemmode]

[csdm_spawn_protection]
+(2.1h) Fixed bug with settings for glowing after respawning (well - exactly the bug was in csdm.cfg)

These "certain conditions" for always allowed "respawn" command are (You need to fulfill all ogf them):
1. You add/change in the csdm.cfg this setting in the [equip] section:
;Enables the guns menu always when the players uses say "guns"
always_allow_gunmenu = 1
(the value will be 0 - disabled - for default settings)
2. In the [settings] section the weapons_stay setting is not grater than 5
3. In the [misc] section ammo_refill is 1 (enabled).

If at least one of these condition is not fulfilled, You cannot use guns command if You have chosen a gun from the menu some time ago and since that time You didn't get killed (and You will be able to see the message telling You the exact reason why You cannot use guns command).

Last edited by KWo; 04-15-2007 at 15:41.
sytremelaker
Old 04-16-2007 , 21:11   Re: CSDM 2.1h beta
Reply With Quote #176

Quote:
[csdm_spawn_preset]
+(2.1h) The player is now spawned at leats 500 units far away from enemies and it also takes care now about FFA mode
That's a pretty good addition. If this is not continued in v2.2, I'll probably stick with this version for a while.
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 04-17-2007 , 02:47   Re: CSDM 2.1h beta
Reply With Quote #177

That one probably will be implemented.
What is Your OS (windows/linux)? Can anyone test if it works on linux?
rory535
Old 04-19-2007 , 17:13   Re: CSDM 2.1h beta
Reply With Quote #178

Well I'll probably keep this version too as I like the individual player ticket system and being able to limit number of weapons.
sytremelaker
Old 04-21-2007 , 08:57   Re: CSDM 2.1h beta
Reply With Quote #179

The 500 unit's seems a bit small, maybe add a cvar in csdm.cfg that can change it?
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 04-21-2007 , 09:03   Re: CSDM 2.1h beta
Reply With Quote #180

Still too close? Yes and no. Don't forget there are some small maps and it might be difficult to find some "safe" position farer away than 500 units.
Once again - can anyone tell me if 2.1h works correctly on linux?