Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

What are some features you would like to see in ZP 5.0?

Post New Thread Reply   

Tirant
Veteran Member
Old 08-27-2011 , 06:11   What are some features you would like to see in ZP 5.0?
Reply With Quote #1

Since I'm one of the people developing this mod, I thought it might be a good decision to post a simple topic that I can check. Basically, just post features that you think would be cool. I want only things that only relate to the mod as an engine (nothing about game modes and such, since those are not part of the engine). I'm hoping that this will also not become flooded and clustered, but I'll do my best to read every message.

Some things that are being implemented (and I'll edit this periodically if they are mentioned).
Quote:
- dynamic class system (very flexible and powerful tool that allows many interesting manipulations).
- dynamic guns system
- variable communication system through separate (sort of like pev, set_pev)
- chat commands system to easily add commands and register them into ZP
- log system that encompasses the entire mod
- thorough documentation on source code
When I say engine, I mean things that belong to ZP that could be included into other zombie mods. In fact, one of our project goals with the engine is to make any zombie mod (made/unmade) creatable with our API. So, think of this as some cool features that would need to be added into the API also.

Edit: I plan on opening an early beta server for this mod soon as it is playable, so you can all see it and tell me what you think might be useful addons in the base mod.

Added Features:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp@jk View Post
- check if model exist before precaching it, so if user install's zp and forget to place models, or insert some class without model, it will just stop plugin, it won't crash server

also for classes if model doesn't exist, it may use default model ( zombe_source )

PM me if you're interested in buying the Credits addition for Base Builder
Battlefield Rebirth [66% done]
Call of Duty: MW2 [100% done]
Base Builder [100% done]

Last edited by Tirant; 08-28-2011 at 16:00.
vaan123
Veteran Member
Old 08-27-2011 , 09:08   Re: What are some features you would like to see in ZP 5.0?
Reply With Quote #2

PainShock speed (Biohazard)
PainShock delay (Biohazard)

2 features that i have been dying to see. pretty please

Send a message via MSN to vaan123 Send a message via Yahoo to vaan123 Send a message via Skype™ to vaan123
abdul-rehman
Veteran Member
Old 08-27-2011 , 09:25   Re: What are some features you would like to see in ZP 5.0?
Reply With Quote #3

But they are related to the class system, btw what are these, give a brief explanation plz.

My Plugins For ZP

Inactive due to College and Studies
Send a message via Yahoo to abdul-rehman Send a message via Skype™ to abdul-rehman
XINLEI
me too
Old 08-27-2011 , 11:56   Re: What are some features you would like to see in ZP 5.0?
Reply With Quote #4

-getting the zp 5.0 very similar to 4.3, idk but i feel that i´m playing another zombie mod.
Sp@jk
Old 08-27-2011 , 12:09   Re: What are some features you would like to see in ZP 5.0?
Reply With Quote #5

- check if model exist before precaching it, so if user install's zp and forget to place models, or insert some class without model, it will just stop plugin, it won't crash server

also for classes if model doesn't exist, it may use default model ( zombe_source )

Sorry for my bad english
MmikiM
Old 08-27-2011 , 12:25   Re: What are some features you would like to see in ZP 5.0?
Reply With Quote #6

- Restriction for number of choosen classes setable in zp_zombieclasses.ini ex. Amount = 3 and only 3 persons will can use it. (PM'ed to MeRcyLeZZ already)
- Modelindex offset
- Save ammopacks for 1 map
- /giveap option -> /giveap "nick" <value 1-all>
- Changeable mode of grenades HE/Napalm, FB/Frost, SM/Flare by pressing MOUSE2

That's all in this moment

Projects:
Zombie Elite - Technical: 100% Looking for models and sounds...
CS:Source Zombie -
Work in progress...

Last edited by MmikiM; 08-27-2011 at 12:28.
abdul-rehman
Veteran Member
Old 08-27-2011 , 13:07   Re: What are some features you would like to see in ZP 5.0?
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp@jk View Post

Sorry for my bad english
Hmm, this one seems useful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MmikiM View Post
- Restriction for number of choosen classes setable in zp_zombieclasses.ini ex. Amount = 3 and only 3 persons will can use it. (PM'ed to MeRcyLeZZ already)
- Modelindex offset
- Save ammopacks for 1 map
- /giveap option -> /giveap "nick" <value 1-all>
- Changeable mode of grenades HE/Napalm, FB/Frost, SM/Flare by pressing MOUSE2

That's all in this moment
All of these suggestions can be done through sub-plugins, no need to integrate them in the main engine.

My Plugins For ZP

Send a message via Yahoo to abdul-rehman Send a message via Skype™ to abdul-rehman
MmikiM
Old 08-27-2011 , 14:34   Re: What are some features you would like to see in ZP 5.0?
Reply With Quote #8

Perks system - More/Fast gain AP per given damage, Additional HP, 2 Weapons, More Armor, Less price in the shop

Projects:
Zombie Elite - Technical: 100% Looking for models and sounds...
CS:Source Zombie -
Work in progress...
abdul-rehman
Veteran Member
Old 08-27-2011 , 15:14   Re: What are some features you would like to see in ZP 5.0?
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdul-rehman View Post
All of these suggestions can be done through sub-plugins, no need to integrate them in the main engine.

My Plugins For ZP

Tirant
Veteran Member
Old 08-27-2011 , 16:52   Re: What are some features you would like to see in ZP 5.0?
Reply With Quote #10

I like the precaching idea, but you would have to use a different native to precache, like zp_core_precache_model. It would definitely be a slower function compared to the original, but better support for errors.

PM me if you're interested in buying the Credits addition for Base Builder
Battlefield Rebirth [66% done]
Call of Duty: MW2 [100% done]
Base Builder [100% done]