Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[HELP] Sourcemod Not Identifying Account and Unable to Connect to Item Servers

Post New Thread Reply   

Sniper Noob
Old 07-01-2020 , 00:30   [HELP] Sourcemod Not Identifying Account and Unable to Connect to Item Servers
Reply With Quote #1

I am experiencing an issue on ALL community servers where I am not identified by sourcemod, and unable to connect to the item server. Here is what my join logs look like in my server (IP replaced by "XXXXX"):
Code:
L 07/01/2020 - 03:40:13: "[FP] Sniper Noob<1204><[U:1:99050325]><>" connected, address "XXXXX"
Client "[FP] Sniper Noob" connected (XXXXX).
L 07/01/2020 - 03:40:13: [reservedslots_new.smx] ==============Server is not full
XXXXX:reconnect
L 07/01/2020 - 03:40:13: "[FP] Sniper Noob<1204><[U:1:99050325]><>" disconnected (reason "Connection closing")
Dropped [FP] Sniper Noob from server (Connection closing)
L 07/01/2020 - 03:40:13: "[FP] Sniper Noob<1205><[U:1:99050325]><>" connected, address "XXXXX"
Client "[FP] Sniper Noob" connected (XXXXX5).
L 07/01/2020 - 03:40:13: [reservedslots_new.smx] ==============Server is not full
XXXXX:reconnect
L 07/01/2020 - 03:40:13: "[FP] Sniper Noob<1205><[U:1:99050325]><>" disconnected (reason "Connection closing")
Dropped [FP] Sniper Noob from server (Connection closing)
L 07/01/2020 - 03:40:13: "[FP] Sniper Noob<1206><[U:1:99050325]><>" connected, address "XXXXX"
Client "[FP] Sniper Noob" connected (XXXXX).
L 07/01/2020 - 03:40:21: "[FP] Sniper Noob<1206><[U:1:99050325]><>" entered the game
As you can see, each time I connect it looks like my connection is rejected twice and then accepted on the third time. Players on the server confirm seeing "[FP] Sniper Noob has joined the game" 3 separate times. When I finally do join, the server does not recognize my account. On my own server, I am not recognized as an admin. On other servers, all of my stats in their sourcemod plugins, like rankings, are reset as though I am a new player joining for the first time. In both cases, I cannot connect to the item servers.

Oddly enough, I can connect to valve servers (casual/MVM) with no issues and have all my items. This leads me to believe there is something distinct about community servers, possibly related to sourcemod.

So far I have validated my game files, reinstalled TF2 (by clicking uninstall in the Steam library page), and deleted my steam auth files to regenerate them. None of these things have worked.

Thank you for any help you can provide.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 07-01-2020 , 12:37   Re: [HELP] Sourcemod Not Identifying Account and Unable to Connect to Item Servers
Reply With Quote #2

The Steam servers don't appear to be validating your SteamID, normally that'd be caused by the server not being connected to Steam correctly - I have no idea what could cause this from your side rather than the server side if validation is working for everyone else on the server.

I can only suggest you contact Steam Support.
Old 07-02-2020 , 19:35   Re: [HELP] Sourcemod Not Identifying Account and Unable to Connect to Item Servers
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
The Steam servers don't appear to be validating your SteamID, normally that'd be caused by the server not being connected to Steam correctly - I have no idea what could cause this from your side rather than the server side if validation is working for everyone else on the server.

I can only suggest you contact Steam Support.
Steam support said everything looks OK from their side. I noticed that in my join logs I do not see the "STEAM USERID VALIDATED" message like it has for everyone else. That seems to be the crux of the issue as you pointed out.

Do you think it's worth doing a full wipe of my installation at this point?