Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Didrole's Update Tool overwriting my config_arena.cfg

Post New Thread Reply   

motte
Old 05-03-2013 , 11:32   Didrole's Update Tool overwriting my config_arena.cfg
Reply With Quote #1

Hi Guys,

I use for all my TF2 servers Didrole's Update Tool, but now I have the problem on my Saxton Hale server which uses vsh_ maps that this tool is deleting my config_arena.cfg under tf/cfg, in this file you normally set the servername and the mapcycle file for all arena_ and vsh_ Maps. Even if I get this config root access the user gameserver under which is Didrole's tool running delete the config and set the standard again.

Has anyone the same problem and knows a solution? Because atm I must edit after each update the config_arena.cfg with the right server name and the mapcycle file.

Regards,
motte

Last edited by motte; 05-03-2013 at 11:35.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-03-2013 , 13:29   Re: Didrole's Update Tool overwriting my config_arena.cfg
Reply With Quote #2

SteamCMD has the same problem if you run a validate update.

I've asked on the mailing lists that this and the replay config files have their default versions renamed to _default like all the other config files.
Old 05-03-2013 , 14:45   Re: Didrole's Update Tool overwriting my config_arena.cfg
Reply With Quote #3

Yep, that would be great, thanks for the reply and sry for opening this thread in the wrong board.
Old 05-03-2013 , 17:18   Re: Didrole's Update Tool overwriting my config_arena.cfg
Reply With Quote #4

I don't know whether it'll break the updater and it'll go into a loop, but you can try using chattr on the file. Setting the attributes so not even root can edit it if it's on a Linux server. If that doesn't work you can always write some kind of script that just copies the edited config_arena over the newly downloaded one after you've ran an update.
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-03-2013 , 17:41   Re: Didrole's Update Tool overwriting my config_arena.cfg
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by motte View Post
Hi Guys,

I use for all my TF2 servers Didrole's Update Tool, but now I have the problem on my Saxton Hale server which uses vsh_ maps that this tool is deleting my config_arena.cfg under tf/cfg, in this file you normally set the servername and the mapcycle file for all arena_ and vsh_ Maps. Even if I get this config root access the user gameserver under which is Didrole's tool running delete the config and set the standard again.

Has anyone the same problem and knows a solution? Because atm I must edit after each update the config_arena.cfg with the right server name and the mapcycle file.

Regards,
motte
Put it in /tf/custom/some_folder_name/cfg/

Infact put any config files you modify there. The update won't overwrite them.
motte
Old 05-03-2013 , 18:18   Re: Didrole's Update Tool overwriting my config_arena.cfg
Reply With Quote #6

Thanks 1nsane, that works

Placing the config_arena.cfg under /tf/custom/tf/cfg/config_arena.cfg works for me, the server only use this config