Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

MY method of making a switchable CS:S / CS:S DM server

Post New Thread Reply   

vito
Old 12-25-2006 , 10:00   Re: MY method of making a switchable CS:S / CS:S DM server
Reply With Quote #11

Hi All,
Merry Xmas for those of you that celebrate it :-)

Ok This is what I want to do, at set times I want the server to start up as normal cs and other times cssdm.

I created the two configs as was suggested at the top of this topic and I removed the line from the metaplugins.ini file.

I created 2 different start scripts which get triggered by cron ( running linux )
one will start up cs using a cs_server.cfg the other a dm_server.cfg

if I put the exec cssdmon.cfg in my dm_server.cfg it does not start up cssdm
( of course I tested both configs by doing exec cssdmon.cfg from the console that works )

and if I just put the commands into the dm_server.cfg it crashes with these lines in it
meta load addons/cssdm/bin/cssdm_mm
cssdm_enable.

So, How can I set this up so I dont have to manually do the exec on the cssdmon.cfg and cssdmoff.cfg?

I would really appreciate the help:-) I run a very popular WC Source server and like to bring it down at 5pm pst to switch mods for 3 hours to break up the same ol routine.

Thanks
xf.Vito http://www.Xtreme-forces.com
Extreme_One
Veteran Member
Old 12-26-2006 , 10:18   Re: MY method of making a switchable CS:S / CS:S DM server
Reply With Quote #12

Actually I use Chron with the configs in the original post.
I'm on a windows box.

I am having major problems with the server crashing at map change when bots are running with CSSDM... could that be a reason for your server crashing when you type "meta load addons/cssdm/bin/cssdm_mm" in console?

Anyway I've now got things working well.

In my server.cfg file I have set bot_quota "0" to remove all bots at every map change.

My BOTS are run from within a seperate config called by Chron file so that they're active at all times except for when we run DM when in which case the DM.cfg file adds the bots after the map has changed and DM has been successfully loaded up.

My DM.cfg file looks like this:

Code:
mani_stats 0
mani_warmup_timer 0
mani_css_betting 0
mani_css_bounty 0
ma_war 1
motdfile dm.txt
exec servername_DM.cfg
mp_roundtime 9
mp_timelimit  0
mp_fraglimit 50
meta unload addons/vip_mm/bin/vip_mm
cssdm_enable
bot_quota_mode "fill"
bot_quota "11"
bot_join_after_player "0"
bot_chatter "radio"
bot_join_delay "10"
bot_add
The relevant part of my !Chronjobs.cfg file looks like this:

Code:
chron_job2 dm 18:13 23:59 1
chron_job2 dm 00:00 07:12 2
chron_job2 BOTS 00:01 17:59 1
chron_job2 BOTS 07:18 23:59 2
chron_job2 BOTS 00:01 23:59 3
chron_job2 BOTS 00:01 23:59 4
chron_job2 BOTS 00:01 23:59 5
chron_job2 BOTS 00:01 23:59 6
chron_job2 BOTS 00:01 23:59 7
I don't know if anything I've posted there will be at all helpful to you...

Last edited by Extreme_One; 12-26-2006 at 10:21.
fluke
Old 12-29-2006 , 23:09   Re: MY method of making a switchable CS:S / CS:S DM server
Reply With Quote #13

After reading all these responses, I'd just like to have it work such that Mani player vote could invoke it. I'm it's do-able, I just haven't done it. Then I'd have a Mani admin option to set it back to default CSSDM. It'd be nice to offer a player fully customizable game.
Extreme_One
Veteran Member
Old 12-31-2006 , 16:30   Re: MY method of making a switchable CS:S / CS:S DM server
Reply With Quote #14

I've now sorted out a way around the problem I was having running MANI at the same time as CSSDM.

I was finding that as soon as I ran CSSDM with Mani running then the server would lock up!
If I set Mani to run in war mode then I could play CSSDM successfully but most of MANI's features were disabled.

I now have 2 mani_server.cfg files.
One is name CSmani.cfg and the other named DMmani.cfg
(the original mani_server.cfg has been deleted as the latest versions of mani will execute a mani_server.cfg automatically ie. no need to run the exec mani_server.cfg command in your server.cfg)

My normal CSmani.cfg is set up as usual but the DMmani.cfg is set up with minimal features enabled.

I'm using Chron to load Deathmatch (and the corresponding DMmani.cfg file) between 6pm and 7am Sunday night / Monday morning and a normal CS server (and the corresponding CSmani.cfg file) at all other times.

Now I can run CSSDM + Mani without Mani war mode enabled.
Ekpyrosis
Old 01-18-2007 , 16:12   Re: MY method of making a switchable CS:S / CS:S DM server
Reply With Quote #15

Hi,

I am not a computer wizzkid, only a old guy who wants to setup a DM server. So forgive me for stupid questions.

A few things i dont understand from this quoted post. Maybe somebody can help me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_One View Post
exec servername_DM.cfg
What is ment with this?? Shouldnt it be server.cfg or..??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_One View Post
cssdm_enable[/code]
Isnt this double? As if you load it it will automaticly be enabled?

Please help me, as I am trying to setup a *@#* CS:S & DM & VIP server triggered by maps on crappy HW with fastdownload. Which isnt easy .

Cheerz,
Ekpy
Extreme_One
Veteran Member
Old 01-19-2007 , 04:36   Re: MY method of making a switchable CS:S / CS:S DM server
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekpyrosis View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_One
exec servername_DM.cfg
What is ment with this?? Shouldnt it be server.cfg or..??
I use a config to name the server differently to when I'm running ordinary CSS mode.

ie.

Running in normal CSS mode the server name is EVILTWIN|PUBLIC|NO DWP|FAST D/LOAD

When running Deathmatch the server name is EVILTWIN|DEATHMATCH|NO AWP|FAST D/LOAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekpyrosis View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_One
cssdm_enable
Isnt this double? As if you load it it will automaticly be enabled?
You're absolutely right. The cssdm_enable command is unnecessary but it won't hurt for it to be there (as mine is)

I hope that helps.
Ekpyrosis
Old 01-19-2007 , 05:51   Re: MY method of making a switchable CS:S / CS:S DM server
Reply With Quote #17

Thanks Extreme One,

I was afraid I was loosing myself in this quest for setting up a multi mod server. LOL (@ my own joke)

Ekpy
raserei
Old 01-19-2007 , 14:58   Re: MY method of making a switchable CS:S / CS:S DM server
Reply With Quote #18

hey, i'm having issues trying to get this to work.

when i try to execute the "meta load" commands all i get is:

Metamod:Source Menu
usage: meta <command>
credits - About Metamod:Source
list - List plugins
version - Version information

and it doesn't execute the command, like it doesn't know what "load" means or something.

is this a config problem with metamod? i have metamod:source 1.3d installed. sorry if this is a stupid question
Extreme_One
Veteran Member
Old 01-19-2007 , 18:06   Re: MY method of making a switchable CS:S / CS:S DM server
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by raserei View Post
hey, i'm having issues trying to get this to work.
when i try to execute the "meta load" commands all i get is:
So did you type
?

What happens when you type:

meta list in console?
raserei
Old 01-19-2007 , 18:39   Re: MY method of making a switchable CS:S / CS:S DM server
Reply With Quote #20

just mani admin plugin comes up in the list when i type meta list.

i got this working another way though. i'm using eventscripts with einsmapcheck to set dm on certain maps instead. works pretty slick.