Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Auto Demo Recorder

Post New Thread Reply   

Rivotril
Old 12-03-2018 , 22:40   Auto Demo Recorder
Reply With Quote #1

Hello, i need that this plugin: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=86607 record the demo on a separe file each time and only work for admins only, thankss
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 12-04-2018 , 07:28   Re: Auto Demo Recorder
Reply With Quote #2

Separate file each time? Do you know what that will do to the players?
Veteran Member
Old 12-04-2018 , 10:10   Re: Auto Demo Recorder
Reply With Quote #3

Separating all demos will generate an unnecessary amount of HD usage on the players. I think it wiser if it's the case, sort it out by maps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Please stop trying to help. You appear to just be posting random stuff. Wait until you actually understand more about AMX Mod X and how the game works.
https://iceeedr.com.br/
Send a message via Skype™ to iceeedr
Rivotril
Old 12-04-2018 , 10:48   Re: Auto Demo Recorder
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceeedr View Post
Separating all demos will generate an unnecessary amount of HD usage on the players. I think it wiser if it's the case, sort it out by maps.
I own Only "Map" servers, separating by maps isn't useful for me, and it's not for all players, only the admins, the issue is that they almost never record a demo of bans, i understand the problem with the HD usage but the plugin in itself isn't useful if the previous recording gets deleted without a backup
iceeedr
Veteran Member
Old 12-04-2018 , 10:54   Re: Auto Demo Recorder
Reply With Quote #5

What's the point of having ADM's that you can not trust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Please stop trying to help. You appear to just be posting random stuff. Wait until you actually understand more about AMX Mod X and how the game works.
https://iceeedr.com.br/
Send a message via Skype™ to iceeedr
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 12-04-2018 , 10:55   Re: Auto Demo Recorder
Reply With Quote #6

Then i suggest you to install the plugin you linked, name the demos to something like your servers's name so they cannot be deleted by another server and once a player get's banned he cannot join your server anymore, thus not overwrite the demo. This makes the excuse "sorry, it is overwritten" useless and the player in case knows why he doesn't want to show it.

Never discuss with someone who tries to hide something, it is wasted time.

Rivotril
Old 12-04-2018 , 12:28   Re: Auto Demo Recorder
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordekay View Post
Then i suggest you to install the plugin you linked, name the demos to something like your servers's name so they cannot be deleted by another server and once a player get's banned he cannot join your server anymore, thus not overwrite the demo. This makes the excuse "sorry, it is overwritten" useless and the player in case knows why he doesn't want to show it.

Never discuss with someone who tries to hide something, it is wasted time.
I'll be a bit useless honestly, having to depend on every user that gets banned on giving the demo, can't it be done as a limit of demos created (In the plugin) or check the amount of demos in the player directory, if he has more than 10 (Example), no new demo can be recorded.
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 12-04-2018 , 13:47   Re: Auto Demo Recorder
Reply With Quote #8

It is way more simple to simply ignore those who don't want to give you the demo in question.
I'm running servers since around 15 years, this is one of the first lessons I've learned.

Yes it would be possible to limit the amount of demos recorded for each person, but not that simple. You'd need to create a database or table where every user gets added to stored by STEAM_ID at best and add one each time he connects. But... what if the limit is reached, the player in question connects, no demo is recorded anymore and then he does something against your rules? You'd be without a demo of him. So it is way better to simply ONLY accept the last demo recorded, which is the one before the player got banned.

OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 12-05-2018 , 06:33   Re: Auto Demo Recorder
Reply With Quote #9

There are many different and simple ways you can create a limit. For example, you can put the current day in the demo name, e.g. "mydemo_friday.dem" so players will have max 7 demos in their hard drive. Or you can put the current hour, e.g. "mydemo_12.dem" which will produce 24 demos at max. Be creative about it.
Old 12-05-2018 , 16:21   Re: Auto Demo Recorder
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by OciXCrom View Post
There are many different and simple ways you can create a limit. For example, you can put the current day in the demo name, e.g. "mydemo_friday.dem" so players will have max 7 demos in their hard drive. Or you can put the current hour, e.g. "mydemo_12.dem" which will produce 24 demos at max. Be creative about it.
Yeah, you can also add a number for each (i guess) like, mydemo_1 and everytime you try to create the demo you check if mydemo_1 allready exist create mydemo_2 and limit by cvar 10 demos max (i guess), i don't know how to do it anyways