Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Auto Demo Recorder

Post New Thread Reply   

Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 12-08-2018 , 07:47   Re: Auto Demo Recorder
Reply With Quote #21

If i had a cheater on my server i recorded them myself. Takes a few minutes, but that makes all that "give me the demo cap" unnecessary. A hltv can also record them. I remember there is a plugin available to autorecord on request, including a webplugin to upload the demos to. It is always better to have the demos yourself, no excuses.

Last edited by Mordekay; 12-08-2018 at 07:48.
Alber9091
Veteran Member
Old 12-08-2018 , 14:03   Re: Auto Demo Recorder
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordekay View Post
If i had a cheater on my server i recorded them myself. Takes a few minutes, but that makes all that "give me the demo cap" unnecessary. A hltv can also record them. I remember there is a plugin available to autorecord on request, including a webplugin to upload the demos to. It is always better to have the demos yourself, no excuses.
I personally use Demo which replaces on every visit/map with particular name.
I was clearly explaning his request.
Rivotril
Old 12-08-2018 , 14:41   Re: Auto Demo Recorder
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Who can be banned multiple times???
I can ban one person only one time. Once he is banned he cannot connect to the server any more, so the last demo (which was the one recorded as he got banned) cannot be overwritten any more. So what do you want to do with more demos????
I want the demos to be recorded on the Admin side, not client, and what i mean is that recording the demo for each map/day would replace the previous demo, as a admin i don't play 1 map a day and end up banning a few people a day...
Rivotril
Old 12-08-2018 , 14:42   Re: Auto Demo Recorder
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
I know, but the problem is that my admins never record a cheater or what they think is a cheater and i have to end up unbanning the player (even if he was cheating as they have no proof of the cheating).

Last edited by Rivotril; 12-08-2018 at 14:42. Reason: fixed
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 12-08-2018 , 18:48   Re: Auto Demo Recorder
Reply With Quote #25

If they cannot follow a simple rule they are not trust able.
You should revoke their rights for banning players, so they have to record a demo so you can ban them after watching it.
Or get a HLTV and this plugin. So they don't have to watch the player. All they have to do is to get the HLTV recording and wait with the ban for a few rounds.

Alber9091
Veteran Member
Old 12-08-2018 , 19:06   Re: Auto Demo Recorder
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
If they cannot follow a simple rule they are not trust able.
You should revoke their rights for banning players, so they have to record a demo so you can ban them after watching it.
Or get a HLTV and this plugin. So they don't have to watch the player. All they have to do is to get the HLTV recording and wait with the ban for a few rounds.
Sometimes admins are necessity, atleast, there presence shows better effect !!

I think, dragging this thread is just, he should clearly get an answer, he would get help or not !!!

As his help is legit (according to forums rules)
He is not fulling out the drive of Admins
Such plugin don't exist
And little edit in Auto Demo Recorder may help him? So, won't be any big task for anyone to do so !!! Just willingness.

OR simply, he should be replied, you won't get Help.

One Idea for him, I provided above with menu, other can alphabets be used?

Atleast, it may help him to have 26 demos?
Or Numbers With Limit?
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 12-09-2018 , 06:18   Re: Auto Demo Recorder
Reply With Quote #27

I simply try to show him a better way than spamming clients (admin or not) with demos.
Tempering with others disk space is always a bad idea. If i joined a server and noticed that a demo is automatically recorded i just left it. I don't like being in general suspicion of being a cheater or rule-breaker.

Rivotril
Old 12-09-2018 , 16:38   Re: Auto Demo Recorder
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
I simply try to show him a better way than spamming clients (admin or not) with demos.
Tempering with others disk space is always a bad idea. If i joined a server and noticed that a demo is automatically recorded i just left it. I don't like being in general suspicion of being a cheater or rule-breaker.
I know is a bad idea, but as the game is currently, don't know what else to do, cheaters are allways present, there's no anti-cheat, valve doesn't even care anymore