Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)

Post New Thread Reply   

kot4404
Old 02-12-2017 , 15:44   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
Reply With Quote #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by NgBUCKWANGS View Post
Code:
abm_consumable "pain_pills"
abm_extraplayers "4"
abm_healitem "defibrillator"
abm_loglevel "1"
abm_minplayers "4"
abm_primaryweapon "rifle"
abm_secondaryweapon "katana"
abm_spawninterval "18"
abm_tankchunkhp "1001"
abm_throwable "molotov"
abm_zoey "1"
I've just applied the above to abm.cfg on a Windows server and it all got picked up. I'm not sure why it's not working for you and if anyone knows what might be happening here, I will certainly appreciate some help.
Edit, lol it just doesn't work when you leave some cvars with " " blank
I tried to remove primary weapon and the adrenaline by making it blank. If you don't give any weapon name it goes with the default ones
writing any random thing inside the " spams NULL Ent 'weapon_0' in GiveNamedItem! in console but works

Last edited by kot4404; 02-12-2017 at 16:20.
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 02-12-2017 , 15:52   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
Reply With Quote #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by kot4404 View Post
Edit, lol it just doesn't work when you leave some cvars with " " blank
I tried to remove primary weapon and the adrenaline by making it blank. If you don't give any weapon name it goes with the default ones
writing any random thing inside the " spams NULL Ent 'weapon_0' in GiveNamedItem! in console
I was under the impression "" would be ok but you were literally adding a space e.g, " "? Interesting, I never thought of stripping whitespace, I didn't think I needed to. I'll give those a try later and see what happens. Thanks
kot4404
Old 02-12-2017 , 16:01   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
Reply With Quote #153

I wasn't adding space inside it, I just used it to make it more visible in the post :v
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 02-12-2017 , 16:16   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
Reply With Quote #154

If a server is running too many plugins. Sometimes it won't obey the cvars in the plugin cfgs and you have to set them inside the server.cfg as well and even vice versa.

That's with any plugin though.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 02-12-2017 , 16:51   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
Reply With Quote #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
If a server is running too many plugins. Sometimes it won't obey the cvars in the plugin cfgs and you have to set them inside the server.cfg as well and even vice versa.

yah as far as i know this is just a Linux issue

I just put this near the end of server.cfg

exec "sourcemod/l4d2_thirdperson_melee.cfg"

for every plugin config i have, works like a charm...
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 02-12-2017 , 17:05   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
Reply With Quote #156

kot4404 I'll look into the issue a bit more. Sev, thanks for the advice and what to look out for next time. MasterMind420 that sounds like a brilliant tip and there should be no downside to this, right?
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 02-12-2017 , 17:47   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
Reply With Quote #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by NgBUCKWANGS View Post
kot4404 I'll look into the issue a bit more. Sev, thanks for the advice and what to look out for next time. MasterMind420 that sounds like a brilliant tip and there should be no downside to this, right?
nope, been doing this for awhile now. I have about 30+ configs loading from my server.cfg like this...I put them all in to make sure they all work correctly, otherwise some plugins just load there default settings. Just change the settings normally in the plugin cfg's and load them thru server cfg.

Last edited by MasterMind420; 02-12-2017 at 17:47.
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 02-12-2017 , 18:53   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
Reply With Quote #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post

This happens when the server text buffer is full i think.

you may want to delay your configs from being used by like 5 to 10secs so loading map and stuff can finish

worked for me

Commission me for L4D
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 02-13-2017 , 09:51   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
Reply With Quote #159

Hey fellas,

Thank you Ludastar for taking some time out to help me at smashing survivors. Your ideas and advice is appreciated

You ever reload ABM 0.1.34 and your 4 survivors are now facing 24+ SI? Ok this release should fix that. I've made a couple people rage out with this mistake and I'm sorry if it bit you in the ass. Tanks no longer knock you out of spectator if you were on SI before spectating. Extra Tanks in finales like Swamp Fever and The Sacrifice should no longer remain ghost if everyone is already a Tank. These extra Tanks will hopefully spawn in. Models 5+ in the "Fall in Death" campaign should hopefully be fixed.

## [0.1.35] - 2017-13-02
### Fixed
- Mobs of SI far greater than the size of the surviving team
- SI spectators forced to be a Tank (even if explicitly spectating)
- Extra Tanks in ghost mode dying when a human is on SI in non-Vs
- Model assignment slowed from 0.1 to 0.2 (fixes Fall in Death model 5+)

A note about how I'm getting those extra Tanks that used to come in as ghost and then die. I've discovered by turning off ABM that when you're on SI in a non-competitive mode, a Tank will ghost and wait for you to take it over? If you don't take it over, it dies. I also noticed that if that ghost Tank stood around long enough for another Tank to spawn in, a Tank will definitely "activate". Using what I've learned here I added some logic that tries to follow it on line 974 "else if (isTank) {".

This only works in non-competitive modes and only if a human is on SI. Basically, a human will get the first Tank but the second Tank will ghost and the logic will kick in -> if there is no human to take over that extra Tank, spawn one more Tank and kill the ghost. It works in practice pretty well but needs more testing. Does anyone know how to activate a ghost Tank without taking them over or replacing them?
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (abm.sp - 58 views - 68.6 KB)
File Type: txt abm.txt (2.1 KB, 56 views)
File Type: smx abm.smx (37.4 KB, 51 views)
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 02-22-2017 , 15:13   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (feedback appreciated)
Reply With Quote #160

Hello Fellas,

0.1.36 is released and can be downloaded from the main post. Some new cvars have been added to help with the customization of some features and SI waves will spawn in at the same rate regardless if someone or no one is on the SI side. It's a pretty polished release (at least I hope it is).

Someone break something and let me know what you think?

Thanks!