Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[Any] Source Chat Relay [Discord <=> Ingame]

Post New Thread Reply   

RumbleFrog
Great Tester of Whatever
Old 03-18-2020 , 10:26   Re: [Any] Source Chat Relay [Discord <=> Ingame]
Reply With Quote #221

That's an invalid regex as / is an unescaped delimiter and should be ^(!|/\), however, / command should never get picked up, so you only need to treat "!"

Try ^!
Old 03-18-2020 , 12:13   Re: [Any] Source Chat Relay [Discord <=> Ingame]
Reply With Quote #222

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleFrog View Post
That's an invalid regex as / is an unescaped delimiter and should be ^(!|/\), however, / command should never get picked up, so you only need to treat "!"

Try ^!
I tried filtering player names with the name "infected" (using the hl1 version of this), how would I go about the regex filter?

^Infected
?
Great Tester of Whatever
Old 03-19-2020 , 20:27   Re: [Any] Source Chat Relay [Discord <=> Ingame]
Reply With Quote #223

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruGzOG View Post
I tried filtering player names with the name "infected" (using the hl1 version of this), how would I go about the regex filter?

^Infected
?
You'll have to register a custom forward handler plugin using the include, as this does not handle names.
Old 03-20-2020 , 17:22   Re: [Any] Source Chat Relay [Discord <=> Ingame]
Reply With Quote #224

Where is the Discord code needed for the bot?
RumbleFrog
Great Tester of Whatever
Old 03-20-2020 , 17:57   Re: [Any] Source Chat Relay [Discord <=> Ingame]
Reply With Quote #225

Quote:
Originally Posted by einsfuhrer View Post
Where is the Discord code needed for the bot?
In the very first page in a huge font, you can't miss it
Old 03-21-2020 , 21:11   Re: [Any] Source Chat Relay [Discord <=> Ingame]
Reply With Quote #226

We have a TeamFortress 2 server, with Sourcemod and Socket plugin, trying to run the relay server. We have the bot in the Discord server and we can issue an r/info command and it returns the version (v2.1.5-0-g848b19a). However, if we try to issue any other bot command, we are told that, "You do not have permission to use this command" and we are unable to continue the configuration. The relay and source plugin seem to be connected and the MySQL connection appears to be established. I have read through this entire thread 2-3 times but have not seen any other reference to a permissions based issue with the relay server/bot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
RumbleFrog
Great Tester of Whatever
Old 03-22-2020 , 00:36   Re: [Any] Source Chat Relay [Discord <=> Ingame]
Reply With Quote #227

Quote:
Originally Posted by zureal View Post
We have a TeamFortress 2 server, with Sourcemod and Socket plugin, trying to run the relay server. We have the bot in the Discord server and we can issue an r/info command and it returns the version (v2.1.5-0-g848b19a). However, if we try to issue any other bot command, we are told that, "You do not have permission to use this command" and we are unable to continue the configuration. The relay and source plugin seem to be connected and the MySQL connection appears to be established. I have read through this entire thread 2-3 times but have not seen any other reference to a permissions based issue with the relay server/bot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You need the manage server permission to use elevated commands.
Old 03-22-2020 , 07:19   Re: [Any] Source Chat Relay [Discord <=> Ingame]
Reply With Quote #228

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleFrog View Post
You need the manage server permission to use elevated commands.
Do individuals need that permission or does the bot need that permission? That is a rather elevated role to have to provide to people to interact with a bot. Our Discord isn't just a Clan/Guild, it's a whole gaming community and I'm a little reluctant to have to give out that permission. Is that role/permission requirement documented anywhere? I didn't see it in any of the forums or documentation. Thanks

Last edited by zureal; 03-22-2020 at 07:31.
Synthesis
Old 03-22-2020 , 12:15   Re: [Any] Source Chat Relay [Discord <=> Ingame]
Reply With Quote #229

zureal and I have been working for several days to get this bot working with the TF2 server I'm hosting. The documentation definitely needs some extra detail, and I am willing to help with that after having fought through this with him. The instructions are written from the perspective of a developer who intimately knows and understands the software they wrote, but does not allow for a game enthusiast with minor technical skill to configure easily on their self-hosted server. I say this from the perspective of an enterprise IT Systems Engineer, where I write documentation for end-users who have no technical skill.

Please let me know what I can do to help with the documentation.

Additionally, I would really love to have text formatted as Kebab230 linked:
https://i.imgur.com/RYP5i5f.png

If possible, a variable in the config to switch between formatting modes for Discord chat would be great. I am not sure what the requirements for this would be with regards to development time in the client as I do not have development experience.

The Discord channel invite on the bot page does not work, so I couldn't join your server to get this resolved quickly.
RumbleFrog
Great Tester of Whatever
Old 03-22-2020 , 13:52   Re: [Any] Source Chat Relay [Discord <=> Ingame]
Reply With Quote #230

Quote:
Originally Posted by zureal View Post
Do individuals need that permission or does the bot need that permission? That is a rather elevated role to have to provide to people to interact with a bot. Our Discord isn't just a Clan/Guild, it's a whole gaming community and I'm a little reluctant to have to give out that permission. Is that role/permission requirement documented anywhere? I didn't see it in any of the forums or documentation. Thanks
The person configuring the bot needs manage server to configure it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthesis View Post
zureal and I have been working for several days to get this bot working with the TF2 server I'm hosting. The documentation definitely needs some extra detail, and I am willing to help with that after having fought through this with him. The instructions are written from the perspective of a developer who intimately knows and understands the software they wrote, but does not allow for a game enthusiast with minor technical skill to configure easily on their self-hosted server. I say this from the perspective of an enterprise IT Systems Engineer, where I write documentation for end-users who have no technical skill.

Please let me know what I can do to help with the documentation.

Additionally, I would really love to have text formatted as Kebab230 linked:
https://i.imgur.com/RYP5i5f.png

If possible, a variable in the config to switch between formatting modes for Discord chat would be great. I am not sure what the requirements for this would be with regards to development time in the client as I do not have development experience.

The Discord channel invite on the bot page does not work, so I couldn't join your server to get this resolved quickly.
The only two different formatting mode is simple or the embedded, in which you can toggle simple in the config, there was a PR #32 that tried to make the simple more configurable but went unfinished.

For the documentation, the related files are housed in the repo under docs/ directory.

The server went private because I use it for multiple projects, and it was getting to the point that I'm getting hundreds of questions a day, and I alone cannot handle that quantity. So, I prefer to use the forum, Sourcemod discord or Keybase for questions.

Last edited by RumbleFrog; 03-22-2020 at 13:52.