Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

LinuxGSM or Docker?

Post New Thread Reply   

DruGzOG
Veteran Member
Old 03-06-2020 , 10:24   Re: LinuxGSM or Docker?
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay Singh View Post
pterodactyl is good for personal use but if you're hosting more than 5 servers its really hard to setup gameserver pterodactyl installation so depends on your use.

LGSM is always better no issues with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay Singh View Post
I mean to installing perterodactyl daemon in diff servers
If you don’t know what you’re talking about, then don’t comment. It’s the easiest thing. Why would you install a new daemon per server? You have “eggs” you can install that the initial docker with daemon will install for you.

After initial setup, pterodactyl is the easiest to use.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-06-2020 , 19:42   Re: LinuxGSM or Docker?
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruGzOG View Post
If you don’t know what you’re talking about, then don’t comment. It’s the easiest thing.
Commenting is one of the best ways to learn that you are potentially wrong and hopefully why.
Quote:
Why would you install a new daemon per server? You have “eggs” you can install that the initial docker with daemon will install for you.
He was mentioning that he installs the daemon on a new server to install more game servers, which is required for the eggs to be installed. His statements make sense if you know that daemons are necessary on the server to install game servers. It can be confusing because server is being used twice to described two different server types.

Quote:
After initial setup, pterodactyl is the easiest to use.
Both are easy to use, you just have to use them to be familiar with them. I've several people complain about how much more complicated Pterodactyl is in comparison to LGSM and vice versa. If you're comfortable with command line one would say LGSM is easier and the opposite if you preferred and were comfortable with a webpage. Both are easy to me because I've gotten familiar with them over a long period of use.

Last edited by Maxximou5; 03-06-2020 at 19:43.
DruGzOG
Veteran Member
Old 03-07-2020 , 10:31   Re: LinuxGSM or Docker?
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxximou5 View Post
Commenting is one of the best ways to learn that you are potentially wrong and hopefully why.

He was mentioning that he installs the daemon on a new server to install more game servers, which is required for the eggs to be installed. His statements make sense if you know that daemons are necessary on the server to install game servers. It can be confusing because server is being used twice to described two different server types.

Both are easy to use, you just have to use them to be familiar with them. I've several people complain about how much more complicated Pterodactyl is in comparison to LGSM and vice versa. If you're comfortable with command line one would say LGSM is easier and the opposite if you preferred and were comfortable with a webpage. Both are easy to me because I've gotten familiar with them over a long period of use.
He mentions that if you're hosting more than 5 game servers, its hard to setup the pterodactyl installation. I don't agree with that, unless he's referring to 5 different vds/vps cause game servers is just a matter of changing a port and running it. Our definitions of game server(s) must be different. Ptero just installs it in an allocated space by running the eggs (using daemon of course), and viola, its done.

As for installing the daemon, pterodactyl's docker does that for you. Only time you really need to restart it is when you install new eggs (json scripts) and the rest, pterodactyl panel takes care of for you.

I don't have any experience with LinuxGSM, but from someone who used pterodactyl on first try and had little to no knowledge on running it, the setup is easy and easily manageable from my perspective.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-07-2020 , 11:56   Re: LinuxGSM or Docker?
Reply With Quote #14

I tried LinuxGSM after this thread and I could say both are as easy as it can be.