Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[CS:GO] SuperHero Mod(v1.26 06/22/2018)

Post New Thread Reply   

srivastava1995
Old 10-06-2020 , 14:52   Re: [CS:GO] SuperHero Mod(v1.26 06/22/2018)
Reply With Quote #71

I think the plugin is not working anymore, as no menu appears on joining the server or even after typing the command and even on clearing all powers and skills etc.

when I type "sm_heromenu" in console I get this error "[SuperHero ] You cannot equip any more powers", when I have not choosen any hero and I have cleared all skills, powers etc.

I think its not working, please help.
Krillin
Old 10-14-2020 , 09:31   Re: [CS:GO] SuperHero Mod(v1.26 06/22/2018)
Reply With Quote #72

Fresh Install of CSGO, installed MetaMOD and Source MOD, dropped CSGO-SHM into SourceMOD and staged the custom files on our website for downloading, (for some reason you cannot download custom content from the hosted game server anymore [thanks VALVe]), joined the server and played it for a while. There isn't any help or hints displayed in the game for players. I am trying to figure out why myself.

I can say that it doesn't work like the AMXX for HL1 when you level-up and prompted to pick a hero. This you have to do on your own after you die or join team spectator. But the SuperHero MOD for CSGO works fine. However compiling is a whole other issue. Having a superheromod.sp and a superheromod-sql.sp is nonsense because the -sql.sp errors out to the point of aborting. I tried renaming it to superheromod-sql.inc and putting it in the /include folder in scripting of SM and no luck. Changes made to the superheromod.sp, compiled, did not work. I mean buyxp for 50XP for 16000 is not worth it with the default leveling system.

I cannot get it working with MySQL (that is why I am here). There are a few errors in the coding syntax of creating the database as this had to be done manually and syntax corrected but it looks like it doesn't connect or even try to connect to the database. The database.cfg file has "superheromod" section with the database name, user, password and port and it doesn't see it. Otherwise, this DOES work. If you say it doesn't then you are doing something wrong or your files are corrupted or something. Mind you, I do not, and have never rented my servers. My only drawback this time is I am running temporary servers on Windows Server 2019 for the time being.

Our server is running right now. And no, I am not going to post the address here. Heck, I have not even updated gametracker. So my question is, how can there be so many warnings and compile issues with this mod. Oh, I know, the files are not hosted here as they are at a third party website?? If this ever got approved it would get unapproved. I really do not know how this can be allowed (call me old school).

This is what happens with these files.
Code:
//// superheromod-sql.sp
//
// superheromod-sql.sp(43) : error 017: undefined symbol "g_hPlayerData"
// superheromod-sql.sp(43) : warning 215: expression has no effect
// superheromod-sql.sp(44) : error 017: undefined symbol "g_hPlayerData"
// superheromod-sql.sp(74) : error 017: undefined symbol "g_hPlayerData"
// superheromod-sql.sp(85) : error 017: undefined symbol "g_hPlayerData"
// superheromod-sql.sp(98) : error 017: undefined symbol "g_hPlayerData"
// superheromod-sql.sp(103) : error 017: undefined symbol "g_iMemoryTableExperience"
// superheromod-sql.sp(103) : warning 217: loose indentation
// superheromod-sql.sp(103) : warning 215: expression has no effect
// superheromod-sql.sp(103) : error 001: expected token: ";", but found "]"
// superheromod-sql.sp(103) : error 029: invalid expression, assumed zero
// superheromod-sql.sp(103) : fatal error 190: too many error messages on one line
//
// Compilation aborted.
// 9 Errors.
//
// Compilation Time: 0.34 sec
// ----------------------------------------

//// superheromod.sp
//
// superheromod.sp(25) : warning 241: Array-based enum structs will be removed in 1.11. See https://wiki.alliedmods.net/SourcePawn_Transitional_Syntax#Enum_Structs
// Code size:            88008 bytes
// Data size:           333816 bytes
// Stack/heap size:      16384 bytes
// Total requirements:  438208 bytes
//
// 1 Warning.
//
// Compilation Time: 0.95 sec
// ----------------------------------------
We are just happy to report that this mod does work, despite others saying otherwise. I was expecting it to fail and to my surprise, everything 100% stock runs, just not as expected as a player.

We've been running for a few weeks maybe longer. I just migrated my database from MySQL V8.0.21 to MariaDB as I did so due to performance. The server hosting the game runs Apache 2.4 to host other web modules for the game server like HLStatsx, Sourebans and a few others. And Source MOD used that database for admins so I know there isn't a problem connecting to the databases as I have admin and the admin-flatfile.smx is in a disabled folder. So I am driving myself crazy with getting this into a database.

This is all for now....
Krillin

Last edited by Krillin; 04-15-2021 at 13:22. Reason: Clarifications and typos corrected (as usual)
atex
Old 12-06-2020 , 19:34   Re: [CS:GO] SuperHero Mod(v1.26 06/22/2018)
Reply With Quote #73

Would love to buy a VPS and start testing this. If any modelers are reading this, willing to pay for some AMX heroes to be ported over.
SSJG Goku
Old 02-12-2021 , 08:51   Re: [CS:GO] SuperHero Mod(v1.26 06/22/2018)
Reply With Quote #74

Hope to see this mod further developed some day, works very well testing it today.
Krillin
Old 03-12-2021 , 21:55   Re: [CS:GO] SuperHero Mod(v1.26 06/22/2018)
Reply With Quote #75

We moved from our temporary server on windows and moved back our HP Proliant server a few months ago. I have been very busy with PHP for V.S.P. getting bugs worked out.

The server shows the heroes and the core running, but my levels seem to be gone.

There is nothing indicating as a player where my stats are. This functionality is broken in so many ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Server Console
L 03/12/2021 - 21:52:10: [SM] Exception reported: Could not send a usermessage
L 03/12/2021 - 21:52:10: [SM] Blaming: superheromod.smx
L 03/12/2021 - 21:52:10: [SM] Call stack trace:
L 03/12/2021 - 21:52:10: [SM] [0] PrintToChat
L 03/12/2021 - 21:52:10: [SM] [1] Line 2306, superheromod.sp:isplayPowers
L 03/12/2021 - 21:52:10: [SM] [2] Line 1031, superheromod.sp::Event_PlayerDeath
L 03/12/2021 - 21:55:56: [SM] Exception reported: Could not send a usermessage
L 03/12/2021 - 21:55:56: [SM] Blaming: superheromod.smx
L 03/12/2021 - 21:55:56: [SM] Call stack trace:
L 03/12/2021 - 21:55:56: [SM] [0] PrintToChat
L 03/12/2021 - 21:55:56: [SM] [1] Line 2306, superheromod.sp:isplayPowers
L 03/12/2021 - 21:55:56: [SM] [2] Line 948, superheromod.sp::Event_PlayerSpawn
I have tried to fix these, but sourepawn help is very vague and too general for referencing.

This issue was: DO NOT COMPILE LOCALLY! I redownloaded the package from github, unzipped the files, copied over the /plugins/ folder. Started the server, joined, and everything works (for the most part).

Hope an update comes out yesterday! LOL

Krillin

Last edited by Krillin; 03-12-2021 at 22:20. Reason: Got it working again. Do Not Compile Locally!!
Groven
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-15-2021 , 12:13   Re: [CS:GO] SuperHero Mod(v1.26 06/22/2018)
Reply With Quote #76

This mode was so popular on Counter-Strike 1.6 brings back so many memories.

Last edited by Groven; 03-15-2021 at 12:13.
Krillin
Old 04-15-2021 , 13:14   Re: [CS:GO] SuperHero Mod(v1.26 06/22/2018)
Reply With Quote #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groven View Post
This mode was so popular on Counter-Strike 1.6 brings back so many memories.
We are still running ours even though it is a ghost town!

I am now trying to figure out what is going on here:
Code:
[4/15/2021 12:57:36 PM]     (snipped)\superheromod.sp(25) : warning 241: Array-based enum structs will be removed in 1.11. See https://wiki.alliedmods.net/SourcePawn_Transitional_Syntax#Enum_Structs
I have tried various things which I have seen on [here] and the internet. But nothing fits for a solution for this issue. I am trying to figure out what is going on with other issue as the server just CRASHED.

Looks like nothing is being done for anything anymore. Like this whole place has been abandoned. Very sad when you think about it. Maybe we should just wash our hands of these plugins and run regular server again.

I have taken these issues to Author's Github in hopes of bringing these issues to their attention. (CROSS FINGERS).

-Krillin

Last edited by Krillin; 04-18-2021 at 11:13. Reason: Posted issued to Author's GitHub for this mod.
Jelle
[b]MOAR CANDY[/b]
Old 09-15-2023 , 09:46   Re: [CS:GO] SuperHero Mod(v1.26 06/22/2018)
Reply With Quote #78

Did you ever get this working Krillin?

I'd like to open up a server, but as far as I can read now, the metamod and source mod isn't really supported by CSGO anymore, and with CS 2 coming up, maybe it's a by-gone era by now.

I used to be very involved with the old superhero mod, and I wrote many heroes both here and outside of these forums, and I made a few plugins too.

Reliving those days would be nice, but it seems like no one made anything for the newer version, and Valve kinda hates us. In the 1.6 days they also hated us, and it seems like they finally put the last nail in this coffin.
Krillin
Old 10-30-2023 , 16:43   Re: [CS:GO] SuperHero Mod(v1.26 06/22/2018)
Reply With Quote #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelle View Post
Did you ever get this working Krillin?

I'd like to open up a server, but as far as I can read now, the metamod and source mod isn't really supported by CSGO anymore, and with CS 2 coming up, maybe it's a by-gone era by now.

I used to be very involved with the old superhero mod, and I wrote many heroes both here and outside of these forums, and I made a few plugins too.

Reliving those days would be nice, but it seems like no one made anything for the newer version, and Valve kinda hates us. In the 1.6 days they also hated us, and it seems like they finally put the last nail in this coffin.
In all honesty, I gave up. Trying to learn programming source, amxx and php all at the same time for over a decade and a half now and I still feel lost as ever. I think it is mainly because I really do not have the base of programming down just yet. Right now I am focused on PHP Security. Once done I will go from there. I have also come to learn CSGO and SourcePawn is based on Python language. Something I know nothing about but am supposed to learn Python with my Cybersecurity Class. This is usually a quick fix, but I really do not know what the core of the problem is. And at this time my servers are down due to being in storage, and now is the time I try to absorb as much as I can in coding realm. But the cores of SM and MMS are being updated because valve / steam keep breaking SM (mainly) and they keep patching it up. My servers have been down since July 31, 2022. In due time, perhaps.

-Krillin