Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Sky (comp. config), that adds only the additional events to camapigns?

Post New Thread Reply   

finishlast
Old 11-07-2022 , 11:34   Re: [L4D2] Sky (comp. config), that adds only the additional events to camapigns?
Reply With Quote #151

models/props_vehicles/tire001c_car.mdl
Old 11-07-2022 , 20:26   Re: [L4D2] Sky (comp. config), that adds only the additional events to camapigns?
Reply With Quote #152

dead air map 3
https://streamable.com/woqmaa
HarryPotter
Veteran Member
Old 11-08-2022 , 05:30   Re: [L4D2] Sky (comp. config), that adds only the additional events to camapigns?
Reply With Quote #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLmelenchon View Post
Instead of asking models here one by one, I have better ways to share.

1.) Install Dev Cmds by silvers => crosshair points at the object you want to know => type !ent in chatbox

2.) Install l4d2_spawn_props by harry => crosshair points at the object you want to know => type !admin to open adm menu => "Spawn Objects" -> "Edit Objects" -> "Print the looking object information"

Last edited by HarryPotter; 11-08-2022 at 13:59.
LN5005
Old 11-08-2022 , 10:24   Re: [L4D2] Sky (comp. config), that adds only the additional events to camapigns?
Reply With Quote #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLmelenchon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryPotter View Post
Instead of asking models here one by one, I have better ways to share.
3.) Use Hammer World Editor (included in Left 4 Dead 2 Authoring Tools) to get information about the entity. (This requires the decompiled map file)

4.1) Type sv_cheats 1 in the console, aim at the entity and type [ent_fire !picker addoutput "targetname test1"] and [ent_dump test1](in the console) to get the HammerID (not including the model name and its coordinates)
* Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/hammer/comm...view_hammerid/

4.2 Export the entity information by typing stripper_dump in the console and then look for entity information related to HammerID in the exported .txt file.

!ent doesn't seem to work on the local server.

Last edited by LN5005; 11-09-2022 at 21:10.
JLmelenchon
Old 11-08-2022 , 20:21   Re: [L4D2] Sky (comp. config), that adds only the additional events to camapigns?
Reply With Quote #155

Thank you. The ent thing does not work for everything tho.
TypicalType
Old 11-11-2022 , 20:58   Re: [L4D2] Sky (comp. config), that adds only the additional events to camapigns?
Reply With Quote #156

Hello, after almost 7 months since i shared an event i've came here today to share an another one.

I would say its one of the biggest events i've done so far, took me almost 2 weeks to complete this one.

And it's recommended that you download the Silver's lamp plugin along with my preset CFG in the zip file since when i was making this event i was checking how some places would look like but i got carried away so im not going to port everything to stripper:source, too much time consuming plus im kinda sick right now.

This event is based by a event from Fenri Neko.

The third map inside the zip file is for consistency between the saferooms.

The event will be still be functional without the Silver's lamp plugin but some places where the event takes in it will look odd.

Enjoy it... or not.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGaoARXk4VU
Attached Files
File Type: zip pre_mall_event_update.zip (13.6 KB, 251 views)

Last edited by TypicalType; 12-27-2022 at 09:25.
LN5005
Old 11-11-2022 , 23:00   Re: [L4D2] Sky (comp. config), that adds only the additional events to camapigns?
Reply With Quote #157

A c5m3 event.
Players need to collect thermoses and grills scattered around the building to create a rig, and then use this rig to drill through churchguy's saferoom door. I don't think anyone will care to know what the rig is made of, XD.

Preview: https://youtu.be/cUc4D5xIeR4?t=327

It is primarily for use by https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=145.

You may need to use nav_edit 1 to edit the nav area under the relevant obstacle (the saferoom door and the fence-like thing next to it), otherwise you may have some navigation (pathfinding) problems.

See: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=144
Attached Files
File Type: cfg c5m3_cemetery.cfg (16.6 KB, 244 views)

Last edited by LN5005; 11-11-2022 at 23:06.
LN5005
Old 11-11-2022 , 23:06   Re: [L4D2] Sky (comp. config), that adds only the additional events to camapigns?
Reply With Quote #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypicalType View Post

Hello, after almost 7 months since i shared an event i've came here today to share an another one.

I would say its one of the biggest events i've done so far, took me almost 2 weeks to complete this one.
It seems like a lot of work, and I can hardly imagine how much mental stress you're under when debugging and fixing bugs.
Anyway, I hope you get better soon.
thewintersoldier97
Old 11-12-2022 , 05:49   Re: [L4D2] Sky (comp. config), that adds only the additional events to camapigns?
Reply With Quote #159

Thanks everyone for those awesome events!

Looking for some fun!
King_OXO
Old 12-07-2022 , 17:06   Re: [L4D2] Sky (comp. config), that adds only the additional events to camapigns?
Reply With Quote #160

Guys, I'm trying to create an event in which a large model spawns, but I don't know which function makes it large, I tried with modelscale, but it only works for games with the half-life 2 ep 2 engine

does anyone know how to increase the size of the object?

the model is a tank

Discord:WhiteFire#1301
Steam:WhiteFire
Youtube

Last edited by King_OXO; 12-07-2022 at 17:07.