Old 09-12-2007 , 09:19   Re: CS:S Laser Tag Plugin
Reply With Quote #11

Number 2.
Send a message via MSN to Lindgren
spelworm
Old 09-12-2007 , 10:29   Re: CS:S Laser Tag Plugin
Reply With Quote #12

1 or 3
its like when your in a corner hiding and u have the laser on u are discovered imediantly kinda anoying

howcome the "Servers with this Plugin:" is on zero ? is should atleast show 1 since im using it ...
Bonaparte
Old 09-12-2007 , 11:27   Re: CS:S Laser Tag Plugin
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by spelworm View Post
1 or 3
its like when your in a corner hiding and u have the laser on u are discovered imediantly kinda anoying

howcome the "Servers with this Plugin:" is on zero ? is should atleast show 1 since im using it ...
I don't know why that is when I started the plugin thread it asked me for the cvar I used for enabling the plugin. I typed in 'sm_laser_tag_on'. I do see several other plugins with the count set to 0. Maybe the counter only works for 'Approved Plugins'.

I will try working on this tonight. Currently I am broadcasting the laser to all, I will need to loop and broadcast individually based on the user's setting. I will be adding some cvars as well so the behaviour is configurable.
Old 09-12-2007 , 16:56   Re: CS:S Laser Tag Plugin
Reply With Quote #14

Yeap only approved plugins are tracked, however you can see for yourself using game-monitor.
http://www.game-monitor.com/search.p...ll=&showEmpty=
Send a message via MSN to Lindgren
Bonaparte
Old 09-13-2007 , 00:21   Re: CS:S Laser Tag Plugin
Reply With Quote #15

New version has been release 1.0, I did not have a huge amount to test it yet. Also currently the persistence of the settings is managed the same way the deathbeam plugin is. I will probably update this to use sql next. Let me know if you run into any issues or find any problems.

New Features:
sm_laser_tag_client_choice Do clients have a choice to enable or disable the Laser Beam 1 (default) on and 0 off
sm_laser_tag_client_default
Default setting for new people connecting, 1 (default) on and 0 off
sm_laser_tag_spectators_only
Only show the laser beams for spectators, 1 on and 0 off (default)
sm_laser_tag_team_members_only
Only show the laser beams for shots fired by members of the same team, 1 on and 0 off (default)
sm_laser_tag_attacker_only_when_enabled
Only show the laser beams for shots fired by an attacker who has it enabled, 1 on and 0 off (default)

Have Fun....
Old 09-13-2007 , 02:06   Re: CS:S Laser Tag Plugin
Reply With Quote #16

Very nice update !

So every "new" player who chooses to use this plugin or not will be stored in a sqlite db ? So it would be nice to show only the new player a menu to use this plugin or not. Is this possible ?

cya
Old 09-13-2007 , 08:25   Re: CS:S Laser Tag Plugin
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebell View Post
Very nice update !

So every "new" player who chooses to use this plugin or not will be stored in a sqlite db ? So it would be nice to show only the new player a menu to use this plugin or not. Is this possible ?

cya
It's not using SQL Lite yet, that will be in the next release. I am not automatically showing a menu, they would need to type in !lasertag or /lasertag in the chat window to bring up the menu. I wouldn't want to show the menu automatically, if every plugin would be doing that a new player would be bombarded with menus when connecting to a server. I don't even know if that would work.
Old 09-13-2007 , 22:44   Re: CS:S Laser Tag Plugin
Reply With Quote #18

I just posted a new version, there was a bug in the persistence logic causing the users choice (through the menu) not to be saved. I am going to hold off porting the setting save to use SQL-Lite, has I have heard that the SQL Lite module is not stable enough yet. I will be focusing on a new plugin instead.

Thanks...
Old 10-08-2007 , 09:44   Re: CS:S Laser Tag Plugin
Reply With Quote #19

I installed it onto my remote server but nothing happens I type in "'sm_laser_tag_on" and it says unknown .smx file is installed under plugins for sourcemod.. is there a cfg i have to create?
Bonaparte
Old 10-08-2007 , 11:13   Re: CS:S Laser Tag Plugin
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by xileblack View Post
I installed it onto my remote server but nothing happens I type in "'sm_laser_tag_on" and it says unknown .smx file is installed under plugins for sourcemod.. is there a cfg i have to create?
1) do you have source mod installed?
2) Are you able to pull up a list of all the modules that are loaded?
All you need are the files provided in the zip file. No extra cfg files....