3% 

[ANY] Player Stats API

Post New Thread Reply   

muukis
Veteran Member
Old 07-19-2018 , 03:03   [ANY] Player Stats API
Reply With Quote #1

Hi,

I've worked with L4D custom player stats plugin, which you might have seen before? Anyhow, that plugin is at least for some people too difficult to setup. So I noticed there was this REST in Pawn - Communicate with JSON REST APIs SourceMod extension available and thought about making an API that could support the recording of global statistics from a game. This would mean that setting up the plugin could be really easy for everyone (no database setup and no web site setup). So I started the work...

I have now a working setup (POC) for the project that should work with any SourceMod supported game. Currently it only records player kills and deaths. I have only tested it with my L4D2 game server so I might be wrong about what games are supported. The project needs to branch for different game supports, since for example L4D games have variety of things I'd like to record and those stats have nothing to do with CS:GO for example.

The API is coded using C# and it is running on ASP.NET Core 2.1 framework (I usually upgrade very soon when a new version is available). This means you can install the API to wide range of different OS's, not just on Microsoft Windows platforms.

The projects source code (both the API and the plugin) can be seen (or you can offer help if you can or even take over if you want) at my GitHub repository.

I have the current API build running here. Anyone can setup their own game server group by logging in using Facebook SSO. That Facebook user is then linked to the game server group and the user can add game servers to the group. Typing the private keys from both the group and the game server to the SourceMod plugin configuration file allows the plugin to authenticate to the API and start recording data. The API has public methods that allows the reading of global game statistics, or just per game server group or just per game server.

Just wanted to let you know and maybe even get some feedback, or better yet, get one or two project contributors to work with me?

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.

Last edited by muukis; 07-28-2018 at 19:56.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 07-25-2018 , 13:37   Re: [ANY] Player Stats API
Reply With Quote #2

This project has had some development...

Although there are still not much stats recorded, the data it is gathering at this stage could be interesting? Right now it records kills and deaths, which weapon was used, was it a headshot and who was the opposite player.

The API for reading the data is not complete for this stage yet. I want to use DB views in those and not do the calculations at the API code.

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.

Last edited by muukis; 07-28-2018 at 19:50.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 07-28-2018 , 19:27   Re: [ANY] Player Stats API
Reply With Quote #3

Some kind of output the API can get from the data (only 30 games recorded at the time of copying the stats from my dev server). I will be adding methods for listing nemesis players (by player steam ID) etc.

Most 5 lethal weapons:
melee (Kills: 1147)
rifle_ak47 (Kills: 906)
shotgun_spas (Kills: 414)
inferno (Kills: 362)
smg_silenced (Kills: 340)

Best 5 headshot per kill ratio weapons:
dual_pistols (Ratio: 0,22)
hunting_rifle (Ratio: 0,19)
rifle_desert (Ratio: 0,18)
smg (Ratio: 0,17)
smg_silenced (Ratio: 0,15)

Last edited by muukis; 07-28-2018 at 19:50.